epic drop rate

steel6burgh

Is the current drop rate for epic weapons going to change to anyone's knowledge or is it going to be a lucky 1 out of about 50 hard mission S ranks.  Because I'm pushing 50 and I have 1 epic weapon.  Talk about stupid. They want to sell micro transactions and you can't even buy a damn epic weapon.  I'd pay these stupid shits about 10 bucks per epic weapon just to finish the game and then consider it a lesson learned.   There is absolutely no reason to buy a micro transaction in this game.  It won't get you through the game any faster.  You can compete in and help win hard missions at about rank 45 and above which means you only have to rank up 5 times after finishing the story to be able to contribute.  You could spend some money and increase your storage or you could just delete all your double items.  Who the hell would want a 2nd save slot?  there is no reason to start a new game when you can't even finish the 1st one. It's not like you can mess it up and feel the need to start over.   

They have been slightly reducing the drop rate of items, that is the balancing patches they've been doing. It was 5% for epic items, I don't know what it is now. When they made it to where you can replay the boss fights in single player, you can now only get green blue and purple material cases. Also if you are lv45 and you try to kill the boss in hard mode instead of defending the digger (when you probably have a lv 68-69 soloing it and will probably kill it by the end of wave 1) you might actually risk the mission. I solo'd the boss in every game I played to insure that people would get the S rank with 3 defenders.

You can feel the need to restart the game if you missed the "Home" trophy by not being a jerk and leaving your people to die when fighting the lord of dust. Since you can not replay that mission, your only option is to either delete your save or buy a new save slot.

At this point, I don't want to delete my save file and start new. Little on paying more for a save slot. Maybe they will fix this in the future or change the way they "balance" the games they make in the future. Honestly though, I'd rather have a true metal gear with all the items in the game at release, no trophies locked behind DLC. Just a dream now I guess.

Edited by schicic

23 hours ago, schicic said:

They have been slightly reducing the drop rate of items, that is the balancing patches they've been doing. It was 5% for epic items, I don't know what it is now. When they made it to where you can replay the boss fights in single player, you can now only get green blue and purple material cases. Also if you are lv45 and you try to kill the boss in hard mode instead of defending the digger (when you probably have a lv 68-69 soloing it and will probably kill it by the end of wave 1) you might actually risk the mission. I solo'd the boss in every game I played to insure that people would get the S rank with 3 defenders.

You can feel the need to restart the game if you missed the "Home" trophy by not being a jerk and leaving your people to die when fighting the lord of dust. Since you can not replay that mission, your only option is to either delete your save or buy a new save slot.

At this point, I don't want to delete my save file and start new. Little on paying more for a save slot. Maybe they will fix this in the future or change the way they "balance" the games they make in the future. Honestly though, I'd rather have a true metal gear with all the items in the game at release, no trophies locked behind DLC. Just a dream now I guess.

I could be wrong but i don't think trophies are locked behind future dlc at this point.  I see other players with as many as 4 epic weapons slotted in salvage missions.  From my understanding the crafting table needed for that drops as a recipe in hard salvage missions.  however, not for me.  I just think nobody has gotten the trophy for obtaining all equipment and weapons because the drop rate is so low.  unfortunately for me I was holding off on the boss fights so I guess I really screwed myself there if they no longer drop a epic weapon.   I will now have to s rank about 40 more missions to make up for that.   I'm guessing this game from a platinum standpoint has become a lost cause.  I won't buy another konami game.  I gave them a shot despite all the criticism.   They really took the micro transaction to a whole new level having to pay to finish a base dig same day.  Really?  If you're not there 24 hours later when the 2nd attack starts i guess you really risk failing the base dig.  I won't buy anymore metal gear or anything else from them.   I actually enjoyed the game up to the point where the drop rate is so low to obtain the weapons and gear.  Having to pay to complete the base dig also kind of ruins it a bit for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2018 at 6:46 AM, steel6burgh said:

and you can't even buy a damn epic weapon

Good. P2W can fuck off. Earn it by playing the game, not paying for a easy way out. Having an ability to buy your way up, will make the Epic stuff worthless in general as these items show the dedication and work you have provided into the game to get a reward out of it. Or we just have money spenders with everything Day 1 with out any dedication into the game.

Now you can farm 100% guaranteed Epics when you S Rank Extreme (which is super easy to do). I have over 50+ Epics and counting now it is so easy to grind. If you're just bothered about the "Collector" trophy, Epics don't count.

On 11/04/2018 at 8:06 PM, steel6burgh said:

If you're not there 24 hours later when the 2nd attack starts i guess you really risk failing the base dig.

Get a higher Base Defence team. And you don;t need to worry about it at all. You can farm manuals this way too.

On 11/04/2018 at 8:06 PM, steel6burgh said:

Having to pay to complete the base dig also kind of ruins it a bit for me.

Yet you want to pay to have loot that should be earned ? LOL

8 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

Good. P2W can fuck off. Earn it by playing the game, not paying for a easy way out. Having an ability to buy your way up, will make the Epic stuff worthless in general as these items show the dedication and work you have provided into the game to get a reward out of it. Or we just have money spenders with everything Day 1 with out any dedication into the game.

Now you can farm 100% guaranteed Epics when you S Rank Extreme (which is super easy to do). I have over 50+ Epics and counting now it is so easy to grind. If you're just bothered about the "Collector" trophy, Epics don't count.

Get a higher Base Defence team. And you don;t need to worry about it at all. You can farm manuals this way too.

Yet you want to pay to have loot that should be earned ? LOL

don't take the easy way out?  We're talking about a video game here it's not that big of a deal.  I feel like I'm seven and my father is lecturing me on the life lesson of not taking the easy path.  I would pay for the weapons because at the time I thought it was like a thousand hour grind didn't even know about extreme until a few days back I unlocked it.  Didn't know epics were not needed at time of post either but have been made aware since.  I like completing games so If  30 buck or so saved me several hundred hours i would take it in this particular case.    I'm not sure that dedicating myself to some extraordinary grind of repetitiveness is something I'm going to be proud of anyways.  I think in the end when I'm lying on my death bed I could reflect back and live with the decision to throw a few bucks at it to speed along the process.  Paying to speed up the base dig might be taking it a little too far considering i have to play the game about every day anyway if I'm ever to finish it.   " earn it by playing the game not paying  for a easy way out."  Taking it a bit serious are you mate? Damn made me laugh a bit though.  thanks.

5 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

don't take the easy way out?  We're talking about a video game here it's not that big of a deal.  I feel like I'm seven and my father is lecturing me on the life lesson of not taking the easy path.  I would pay for the weapons because at the time I thought it was like a thousand hour grind didn't even know about extreme until a few days back I unlocked it.  Didn't know epics were not needed at time of post either but have been made aware since.  I like completing games so If  30 buck or so saved me several hundred hours i would take it in this particular case.    I'm not sure that dedicating myself to some extraordinary grind of repetitiveness is something I'm going to be proud of anyways.  I think in the end when I'm lying on my death bed I could reflect back and live with the decision to throw a few bucks at it to speed along the process.  Paying to speed up the base dig might be taking it a little too far considering i have to play the game about every day anyway if I'm ever to finish it.   " earn it by playing the game not paying  for a easy way out."  Taking it a bit serious are you mate? Damn made me laugh a bit though.  thanks.

Exactly, it just a video game where you want to pay to cheat your way through instead of doing what you're meant to do with a game, playing it lol. And meaning you want to pay for a trophy lol. That is the easy way out lol. Paying to have anything done for you is the easy way. If it didn't count towards the trophy or had a little icon stating you paid to get where you are, I might be fine with it but it's shitty practices like these that ruin games where they "artificially extend" grind when there is an monetisation option to "speed" things up. Just look at GTA Online. From 2013 - 1 million was the most expensive item, now you can buy 10 million gold jet and fake inflation. To try to force microtransactions. Here in Survive, everyone is in the same boat fairly, and it's all down to how much time and effort you put into the game. All microtransaction in Survive are pointless, and should stay that way across the whole gaming industry.

You need patience, time, skill to get an Epic. RNG isn't even a part of it now. When I play Survive, if a player comes into my game, I know they have put in the time and I know if they are most likely going to be a decent player. In a system where you have an option to pay, you have the issue where a crap player, paid for everything but haven't earned them, meaning they haven't put the time in, meaning they are more likely to not have experience at the game. It also degrades the loot.

You're not really completing a game if you're chucking money at the game to have it complete it for you lol. Imagine having Destiny allowing you to pay for Exotics and Raid loot. Look at Over Watch you can pay for every skin. It's a RNG loot system, it enforces grind. If it's any consolation, I hate grinding myself but I knew what I was getting into and I like to be dedicated to the end.

But alas a lot of crappy business prey upon people who are impatient or can't stay dedicated to pay up for what we used to call cheat codes to unlock all.

Edited by GTAJJ

On 4/21/2018 at 7:16 AM, GTAJJ said:

Exactly, it just a video game where you want to pay to cheat your way through instead of doing what you're meant to do with a game, playing it lol. And meaning you want to pay for a trophy lol. That is the easy way out lol. Paying to have anything done for you is the easy way. If it didn't count towards the trophy or had a little icon stating you paid to get where you are, I might be fine with it but it's shitty practices like these that ruin games where they "artificially extend" grind when there is an monetisation option to "speed" things up. Just look at GTA Online. From 2013 - 1 million was the most expensive item, now you can buy 10 million gold jet and fake inflation. To try to force microtransactions. Here in Survive, everyone is in the same boat fairly, and it's all down to how much time and effort you put into the game. All microtransaction in Survive are pointless, and should stay that way across the whole gaming industry.

You need patience, time, skill to get an Epic. RNG isn't even a part of it now. When I play Survive, if a player comes into my game, I know they have put in the time and I know if they are most likely going to be a decent player. In a system where you have an option to pay, you have the issue where a crap player, paid for everything but haven't earned them, meaning they haven't put the time in, meaning they are more likely to not have experience at the game. It also degrades the loot.

You're not really completing a game if you're chucking money at the game to have it complete it for you lol. Imagine having Destiny allowing you to pay for Exotics and Raid loot. Look at Over Watch you can pay for every skin. It's a RNG loot system, it enforces grind. If it's any consolation, I hate grinding myself but I knew what I was getting into and I like to be dedicated to the end.

But alas a lot of crappy business prey upon people who are impatient or can't stay dedicated to pay up for what we used to call cheat codes to unlock all.

I disagree that buying a booster pass or a micro transaction is cheating.   I'm not big on boosting.  I don't like to play a old game knowing I'm going to have to sit in a corner and let somebody kill me without trying 10,000 times and vice versa.   The only game I have ever boosted was Friday the 13th because I didn't know what I was getting into when I bought it and I wanted it complete.  I would still be playing that game 5 hours a day if not for that.    However, is boosting cheating?   Boosting is also not how games were meant to be played.  I understand what you're saying micro transactions are a bad path to go down.  If everyone starts buying them it won't be long and we will have to pay every time we log into our games.  I'm not advocating for micro transactions.  However, if your going to piss everyone off by having them then you might as well make them useful.  my original post was really meant to bust on Konami for taking all this heat for having micro transactions and not creating any demand around them to sell them in the 1st place.  A booster pass is incentive if you are going for the platinum but other than that there is no real incentive for anybody trophy hunter or not to buy a micro transaction.  

I really don't think they are thinking of completionists when them come up with there marketing schemes for transactions of any sort as completionsts make up a very small percentage of the gaming community.    I'm not going to lie I paid 9.99 for a 30 day booster pass because I considered it an insignificant amount of money to do so for the benefit of having double Kuban for 30 days. unlike you I had no idea what I was getting into on this game as I bought it as a pre-order.  The game's repetitive nature is boring and pointless to spend 300 hours on. If I can spend a few bucks and make it 150 hrs it was a few bucks well spent.   I found a way to get about 4 million kuban an hour without using hardly any resources.  without the boost that is only 2 million per hour.  I spent 30 minutes the other day just trying to make a match in co-op.  SO the pass has ended up being beneficial and the game is still a grind enough to be proud of seeing it through.     

Edited by steel6burgh

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2018 at 7:30 AM, steel6burgh said:

I disagree that buying a booster pass or a micro transaction is cheating.   I'm not big on boosting.  I don't like to play a old game knowing I'm going to have to sit in a corner and let somebody kill me without trying 10,000 times and vice versa.   The only game I have ever boosted was Friday the 13th because I didn't know what I was getting into when I bought it and I wanted it complete.  I would still be playing that game 5 hours a day if not for that.However, is boosting cheating?   Boosting is also not how games were meant to be played.  I understand what you're saying micro transactions are a bad path to go down.  If everyone starts buying them it won't be long and we will have to pay every time we log into our games.  I'm not advocating for micro transactions.  However, if your going to piss everyone off by having them then you might as well make them useful.  my original post was really meant to bust on Konami for taking all this heat for having micro transactions and not creating any demand around them to sell them in the 1st place.  A booster pass is incentive if you are going for the platinum but other than that there is no real incentive for anybody trophy hunter or not to buy a micro transaction. 

Just to clear the air definition of cheating is "gain an advantage over or deprive of something by using unfair or deceitful methods". The issue here is what you and I class as deceitful is subjective, you feel paying to win isn't where as I do. So we'll have to just agree to disagree there. What I will do is explain why I feel it is cheating. It allows people to have an easy way to the end result without the leg work of the game. Imagine a huge mountain, and at the top is the reward I climb up (that take a longer duration) while you decide to pay for an express ski-lift up (faster/instantaneous). And instead of "this player went through X to get that" we now have "this player paid for that probably". While I have a solid issue on any form of MXT, I have paid 4.99 on APB as support (played for months) and cosmetics. And that's it across my whole gaming life.

Same goes for trophies like on 7 Days to Die. There are times that trophies are practically impossible to achieve without boosting, or if the whole game servers are totally empty, if you're in a position where you are forced to boost, then so be it, it's not your fault. If you're purposely going in to boost trophies, despite if they are easily available, it diminishes your actual skill to play the game if you're setting it up to win. It's a similar issue as P2W, because an easier method is available, it prey's upon the player to cave to do so. I hate online trophies for this. I can settle for cosmetic MXTs even though it degrades the reward, but it doesn't give anyone an actual mechanical advantage. This event on Survive has turned into a P2W, there's a leaderboard where top 10 people get loot. Boosters give 3x the amount of BP on the scoreboard so whoever pays, wins the loot which is why I say it is unfair.

GTA Online has a mediocre P2W, races can be, and freemode P2Wers can have the OP vehicles Day 1 and use them against people who are earning them and it slows the earners down, using people against people to force more to say "fuck it" and pay up. There's plenty of methods companies use to try to manipulate mechanics in order to "force" MTXs. But I digress there. I've got the platinum on Survive but I haven't paid anything. I used a booster of SV coins earned in game through logging in. 

On 24/04/2018 at 7:30 AM, steel6burgh said:

I really don't think they are thinking of completionists when them come up with there marketing schemes for transactions of any sort as completionsts make up a very small percentage of the gaming community.    I'm not going to lie I paid 9.99 for a 30 day booster pass because I considered it an insignificant amount of money to do so for the benefit of having double Kuban for 30 days. unlike you I had no idea what I was getting into on this game as I bought it as a pre-order.  The game's repetitive nature is boring and pointless to spend 300 hours on. If I can spend a few bucks and make it 150 hrs it was a few bucks well spent.   I found a way to get about 4 million kuban an hour without using hardly any resources.  without the boost that is only 2 million per hour.  I spent 30 minutes the other day just trying to make a match in co-op.  SO the pass has ended up being beneficial and the game is still a grind enough to be proud of seeing it through.     

Yeah they don't usually. I don't mind personally but it would be nice to be a bit inclusive to everyone. What you do with your money is down to you of course, but if it means it hurts others playing. Unfortunately I cannot ever accept that.

21 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

Just to clear the air definition of cheating is "gain an advantage over or deprive of something by using unfair or deceitful methods". The issue here is what you and I class as deceitful is subjective, you feel paying to win isn't where as I do. So we'll have to just agree to disagree there. What I will do is explain why I feel it is cheating. It allows people to have an easy way to the end result without the leg work of the game. Imagine a huge mountain, and at the top is the reward I climb up (that take a longer duration) while you decide to pay for an express ski-lift up (faster/instantaneous). And instead of "this player went through X to get that" we now have "this player paid for that probably". While I have a solid issue on any form of MXT, I have paid 4.99 on APB as support (played for months) and cosmetics. And that's it across my whole gaming life.

Same goes for trophies like on 7 Days to Die. There are times that trophies are practically impossible to achieve without boosting, or if the whole game servers are totally empty, if you're in a position where you are forced to boost, then so be it, it's not your fault. If you're purposely going in to boost trophies, despite if they are easily available, it diminishes your actual skill to play the game if you're setting it up to win. It's a similar issue as P2W, because an easier method is available, it prey's upon the player to cave to do so. I hate online trophies for this. I can settle for cosmetic MXTs even though it degrades the reward, but it doesn't give anyone an actual mechanical advantage. This event on Survive has turned into a P2W, there's a leaderboard where top 10 people get loot. Boosters give 3x the amount of BP on the scoreboard so whoever pays, wins the loot which is why I say it is unfair.

GTA Online has a mediocre P2W, races can be, and freemode P2Wers can have the OP vehicles Day 1 and use them against people who are earning them and it slows the earners down, using people against people to force more to say "fuck it" and pay up. There's plenty of methods companies use to try to manipulate mechanics in order to "force" MTXs. But I digress there. I've got the platinum on Survive but I haven't paid anything. I used a booster of SV coins earned in game through logging in. 

Yeah they don't usually. I don't mind personally but it would be nice to be a bit inclusive to everyone. What you do with your money is down to you of course, but if it means it hurts others playing. Unfortunately I cannot ever accept that.

This game is co-op multiplayer.  It is not competitive multiplayer. there is no unfair advantage.  We are all on the same team so to speak.  If you want to spend 100 hours extra grinding out Kuban well then by all means to each their own. It isn't a skill based task.  My grandmother could do it with enough time.  congratulations on the platinum.

Edited by steel6burgh

• 2 months later...