Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

I did not participate in any of the other events, but I loved reading them. Already had the platinum for Persona 5 at the moment the event started, unfortunately.

I am not sure  whether I want to play Mugen Souls (Z) or not, but I wanted to say that I absolutely love the awards! :kiss:

• Like 2

Wow, that's ambitious! Honestly, even after getting the Mugen Souls Z plat, I would stay away from the original Mugen Souls.

The reason is, that they are extremly similar gameplay wise (even story wise) but a lot of things have apparently been made easier and more convenient in Mugen Souls Z. 

One biggie would be youre able to skip event dialogs in Mugen Souls Z... and there are other things that can make the experience very annoying.

I consider my guide on MSZ pretty much complete btw, regardless of what I say in the beginning of the post. But if there are more questions I'm happy to answer them in the thread. (or tweak the guide if it's not clear enough) I still have the game installed to look up things, just in case.

Edited by NanaCheese94
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Did you find the hidden Prinny in the banner?

10 minutes ago, Izul said:

I did not participate in any of the other events, but I loved reading them. Already had the platinum for Persona 5 at the moment the event started, unfortunately.

I am not sure  whether I want to play Mugen Souls (Z) or not, but I wanted to say that I absolutely love the awards! :kiss:

Thanks :D . Too bad about P5, I changed it for this event though, so people who already platted one will still get a trophy.

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

god i dont even have the energy to start ms let alone consider platting it in the time frame given

How about MSZ?

3 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Wow, that's ambitious! Honestly, even after getting the Mugen Souls Z plat, I would stay away from the original Mugen Souls.

The reason is, that they are extremly similar gameplay wise (even story wise) but a lot of things have apparently been made easier and more convenient in Mugen Souls Z. 

One biggie would be youre able to skip event dialogs in Mugen Souls Z... and there are other things that can make the experience very annoying.

I consider my guide on MSZ pretty much complete btw, regardless of what I say in the beginning of the post. But if there are more questions I'm happy to answer them in the thread. (or tweak the guide if it's not clear enough) I still have the game installed to look up things, just in case.

Nice, do you want to join as an official advisor for MSZ until this event ends?

• Like 1

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, do you want to join as an official advisor for MSZ until this event ends?

Sure, why not. If many people have questions that could help the guide, and maybe that way I can find the motivation to submit it in the official format.

1 minute ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Sure, why not. If many people have questions that could help the guide, and maybe that way I can find the motivation to submit it in the official format.

Awesome, thanks. I'll add that to the OP too.

Lol, you'll get an additional trophy for writing a guide.

I've been on and off grinding Mugen Souls for about 6 years now, i might just finally gather the motivation to finish this damn game.

I have about 400hours clocked in and i only have 457k out of the required 1,005k shampuru, with the first 4 tiers (non special) maxed out as well as almost maxing out my dust bunnies and Sham Meows.

Good luck to anyone trying this beast of a 100%.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

I've been on and off grinding Mugen Souls for about 6 years now, i might just finally gather the motivation to finish this damn game.

I have about 400hours clocked in and i only have 457k out of the required 1,005k shampuru, with the first 4 tiers (non special) maxed out as well as almost maxing out my dust bunnies and Sham Meows.

Good luck to anyone trying this beast of a 100%.

Wow, good luck. Is the shampuru grind that bad?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Wow, good luck. Is the shampuru grind that bad?

It's the worst grind I've ever experienced. Now with games like Star Ocean and White Knight Chronicles, the games are varied, Star Ocean has you grind all kinds of abilities and enemies for its battle trophies. Some of the battle trophies requires you to do unique things with characters like jump 5,555 times, kill ET within 10 minutes with Lymle, the elemental BTs that require you to synthesize unique weapons and armour specifically for it. White Knight Chronicles has you complete many different missions for the crafting materials, playing it with friends was very fun, racing to try and get the fastest big red kill really made the grind felt much faster.

With Mugen Souls its literally the same thing over and over. The enemy type doesn't matter, you get so freakishly strong so quickly that its all just fodder, no special tactics, no environmental changes, its all just the hideous black and blue background of the mugen field. The same casting of the same abilities, with the same lag after each move, with the same peon ability and its obnoxious lag spike over and over and over and over and over.

And don't forget the story runs, the Dust Bunny and Sham-Meow shampurus are best recieved during story line battles, so you will need to play the story over and over, i have currently 11 (IIRC) clocked in true ending completions with my current savefile, and i'm thinking its going to take bout 14-15 before i max out just those 2 specifically.

And I'm not even into the bad parts of the grind yet, the higher tier shampurus need you to enter and exit the mugen field over and over for the right enemy that drops a piddling amount of the shampuru you need to grind.

I do not recommend people start this 100%, unless you're some kind of trophy masochist like i am.

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 1

@Orphioon It's been several months since I last played MS, but that's pretty much the gist of it. I know that I have close to half of the list complete, maybe around 75%. I do know that I count was more than 715.

In terms of grinding, I don't know what's worse, the Shampurus, or getting 20 million zeni in Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Good luck to all that's joining this. MS will drive you nuts, I'm not gonna lie to you. Worst grind I ever done so far. MSZ is harder but the grind is easier and more fun. If you are going for the MS plat try to pace yourself, you'll burn out quickly if you don't.

32 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

It's the worst grind I've ever experienced. Now with games like Star Ocean and White Knight Chronicles, the games are varied, Star Ocean has you grind all kinds of abilities and enemies for its battle trophies. Some of the battle trophies requires you to do unique things with characters like jump 5,555 times, kill ET within 10 minutes with Lymle, the elemental BTs that require you to synthesize unique weapons and armour specifically for it. White Knight Chronicles has you complete many different missions for the crafting materials, playing it with friends was very fun, racing to try and get the fastest big red kill really made the grind felt much faster.

With Mugen Souls its literally the same thing over and over. The enemy type doesn't matter, you get so freakishly strong so quickly that its all just fodder, no special tactics, no environmental changes, its all just the hideous black and blue background of the mugen field. The same casting of the same abilities, with the same lag after each move, with the same peon ability and its obnoxious lag spike over and over and over and over and over.

And don't forget the story runs, the Dust Bunny and Sham-Meow shampurus are best recieved during story line battles, so you will need to play the story over and over, i have currently 11 (IIRC) clocked in true ending completions with my current savefile, and i'm thinking its going to take bout 14-15 before i max out just those 2 specifically.

And I'm not even into the bad parts of the grind yet, the higher tier shampurus need you to enter and exit the mugen field over and over for the right enemy that drops a piddling amount of the shampuru you need to grind.

I do not recommend people start this 100%, unless you're some kind of trophy masochist like i am.

That sounds very grindy :o . Btw are you joining?

28 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@Orphioon It's been several months since I last played MS, but that's pretty much the gist of it. I know that I have close to half of the list complete, maybe around 75%. I do know that I count was more than 715.

In terms of grinding, I don't know what's worse, the Shampurus, or getting 20 million zeni in Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

This would be a good opportunity to finish it. Suffering as a group is a lot more fun than suffering alone :awesome: .

14 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I'd like to join. :awesome:

@Wdjat Prinny Doods Come on dood. You know you wanna join. :awesome:

Awesome, welcome to the event.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That sounds very grindy :o . Btw are you joining?

Yeah, I'll join, i need something to motivate me to get back into the game.

EDIT: Wait a minute.. is this some twisted plot to try and get someone to write a trophy guide for Mugen Souls Z? If so i support it.

Edited by Orphioon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

Yeah, I'll join, i need something to motivate me to get back into the game.

EDIT: Wait a minute.. is this some twisted plot to try and get someone to write a trophy guide for Mugen Souls Z? If so i support it.

Awesome, welcome to the event :D .

Nope, not just MSZ, but for Mugen Souls as well :devil: .

2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

I'd like to join this. In my own stupidity, I put both the English and Japanese versions of both games on my account way back when, so any reason to get at least one of each game done is a good one. :P

Nice, welcome to the event. Oh yeah, I forgot there are stackable lists, will add a note about that in the custom trophy section too.