Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, good luck. Now's your chance to get the lead while @Masamune is busy with Assassin's Creed Origins :awesome: .

I did just finish all of tier 1 with 9999 in each shampuru (minus special) working on tier 2 now and my tier 3 shampurus are all almost maxed as well minus the special ones. Trophy wise he's in the lead, but I'm in the lead with shampurus. He has just over 300K while I'm at 367K. He's far ahead of me in charm levels but I can catch up easily. :)

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I did just finish all of tier 1 with 9999 in each shampuru (minus special) working on tier 2 now and my tier 3 shampurus are all almost maxed as well minus the special ones. Trophy wise he's in the lead, but I'm in the lead with shampurus. He has just over 300K while I'm at 367K. He's far ahead of me in charm levels but I can catch up easily. :)

Masamune was the first person to plat MSZ during this event, so I'm curious who the first person is that plats MS. Here's hoping you'll make it an interesting race :lol: .

• Like 1

Does anyone have a list of what's in each of the paid DLC? Just curious and I have some money to spend thanks to an unexpected early bonus :)

Edit: with Starhawk's servers potentially shutting down, taking a break to boost it. Already have a friend to boost it with.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

On ‎1‎-‎6‎-‎2018 at 9:58 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Does anyone have a list of what's in each of the paid DLC? Just curious and I have some money to spend thanks to an unexpected early bonus :)

Edit: with Starhawk's servers potentially shutting down, taking a break to boost it. Already have a friend to boost it with.

Good luck with Starhawk. With both you and @Masamune taking a break, this thread has become very quiet.

Anyone else still going for any of the Mugen Souls games or is this event almost dead already :P ?

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Good luck with Starhawk. With both you and @Masamune taking a break, this thread has become very quiet.

Anyone else still going for any of the Mugen Souls games or is this event almost dead already :P ?

I will be starting Mugen Souls Z very soon, planning on swapping it in on my camp list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I will be starting Mugen Souls Z very soon, planning on swapping it in on my camp list.

Yay, that's one more person to attempt one of the MS games :dance: . That will bring the amount of active participants to 3? Or maybe even 4? :hmm: 

On 5/31/2018 at 6:13 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Yeah, I prefer to work on the higher tier ones first since that helps your charm level, making everything else easier. But in the end, your number of shampurus is what really matters. xD 

On 6/1/2018 at 1:58 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

If I remember correctly, in terms of weapons, nothing can beat the "Seven's" weapons you can make from that one free DLC pack. & most of the points packs are only real useful if you haven't beaten the game (true end) yet. The only one I bothered to buy was the G UP pack, & even that was overkill (I think I still have 300,000 left over from it). :P 

The faq does have most of the DLC listed if you wanted to look at them though (under the section DEEELCEE):

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/646672-mugen-souls/faqs/65183

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, I prefer to work on the higher tier ones first since that helps your charm level, making everything else easier. But in the end, your number of shampurus is what really matters. xD 

If I remember correctly, in terms of weapons, nothing can beat the "Seven's" weapons you can make from that one free DLC pack. & most of the points packs are only real useful if you haven't beaten the game (true end) yet. The only one I bothered to buy was the G UP pack, & even that was overkill (I think I still have 300,000 left over from it). :P 

The faq does have most of the DLC listed if you wanted to look at them though (under the section DEEELCEE):

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/646672-mugen-souls/faqs/65183

Added this to the OP.

7 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

For me, progress has been slow for MS.

Good to know you're still working on it.

update time!

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 64%
  • Sadist: 61%
  • Tsundere: 61%
  • Ditz:  59%
  • Terse: 61%
  • Hyper: 64%
  • Graceful: 59%
  • Masochist: 59%

Shampurus: 408,244

Playthroughs: 14

Play Time: 291:08:53

Trophies: 43/51

Just earned Overwhelming Grind!

Edit: almost done with Starhawk so I'll be returning by the middle of next week.

Edit II: I had 2 back to back freezes but luckily I saved recently. The 2nd freeze happened after loading the game back up to go to the tree world (I think)

I spent some of my time the other day to farm matter for Chou Chou. She's untouchable by just about everything. I think I can solo with her now in the Mugen field.

Also my vacation was mostly approved. Only one day was denied. I still have a week of gaming to get this plat.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats :yay: . Are you saving the plat for a special milestone? Have fun with Chou-Chou.

nah, just wanted to get the online out of the way so I won't have an unobtainable plat.

Edit: Just hit 9999!

Edit II: I have at least one of each shampurus

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

I managed to (barely) get past a max rank run in Mugen Field, the hardest part was all the ship battles I kept encountering on the final 10 floors. :P But now that I got a "God's Seal" component (gotten from the 100F boss), I can finally make one of those "Seven's" DLC weapons! :yay: 

The question is which one? As mush as I love using a scythe, the Seven's Evocation doesn't increase my HP... in terms of defensive stats, the Seven's Vulcan Cannon would probably be best, however since it has such a high range, it would make peoning large crystals a problem... :hmm: I think I'll go with the Seven's Final (knuckles), it has a small range & has some nice, well-rounded stats (HP/SP: 5000, Move: 100, AGI: 20000, everything else: 2500). ^_^

Update:

Even after maxing my new weapon & my Armor Master matter (misleading name, increases knuckle weapon's stats by 150%), I still haven hit any stats caps (but getting close). ? This is my Chou-Chou's stats right now...

• HP: 51500202
  • SP: 43874431
  • Move: 1100
  • ATK: 37690370
  • DEF: 96509484
  • INT: 38365864
  • MND: 73297845
  • AGI: 76003537
  • TEC: 39049460

Looks like I need to work on Peon Fusion some more if I want to break that cap (current status up values are around 170% to 190%). xD 

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Masamune said:

I managed to (barely) get past a max rank run in Mugen Field, the hardest part was all the ship battles I kept encountering on the final 10 floors. :P But now that I got a "God's Seal" component (gotten from the 100F boss), I can finally make one of those "Seven's" DLC weapons! :yay: 

The question is which one? As mush as I love using a scythe, the Seven's Evocation doesn't increase my HP... in terms of defensive stats, the Seven's Vulcan Cannon would probably be best, however since it has such a high range, it would make peoning large crystals a problem... :hmm: I think I'll go with the Seven's Final (knuckles), it has a small range & has some nice, well-rounded stats (HP/SP: 5000, Move: 100, AGI: 20000, everything else: 2500). ^_^

Update:

Even after maxing my new weapon & my Armor Master matter (misleading name, increases knuckle weapon's stats by 150%), I still haven hit any stats caps (but getting close). 1f605.png This is my Chou-Chou's stats right now...

• HP: 51500202
  • SP: 43874431
  • Move: 1100
  • ATK: 37690370
  • DEF: 96509484
  • INT: 38365864
  • MND: 73297845
  • AGI: 76003537
  • TEC: 39049460

Looks like I need to work on Peon Fusion some more if I want to break that cap (current status up values are around 170% to 190%). xD 

Congrats :yay: , but why choose when it's possible to clear it 6 more times and craft all seven weapons  :awesome: .

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats :yay: , but why choose when it's possible to clear it 6 more times and craft all seven weapons  :awesome: .

I will probably make 1 or 2 more eventually, since I do change my weapon types around fairly often, but I'm going to wait till I'm done with these accursed playthroughs first. ? By then my ship should be strong enough to easily take on battles on the later floors (there's a little too much luck involved right now for my taste, the 99F ship had over double my stats). :P 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Masamune said:

I will probably make 1 or 2 more eventually, since I do change my weapon types around fairly often, but I'm going to wait till I'm done with these accursed playthroughs first. 1f616.png By then my ship should be strong enough to easily take on battles on the later floors (there's a little too much luck involved right now for my taste, the 99F ship had over double my stats). :P 

Wow, yeah ok. That's definitely way too reliant on luck :o . Good luck with the remaining playthroughs.

I'm almost at 500k shampurus, got a lot of lower tier ones done and now to go after the higher tier ones. On my next 2 days off next week before my vacation starts, I'm going to try to get Chou-Chou at 600% stats with fusion then plow through everything on my vacation.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2