Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

Shampurus: 12,781

Playthroughs: First

Play Time: 17:29:45

Trophies: 26/51

Will finish the first playthrough today, it'll be the normal ending. Anything I need to keep in mind for postgame before I start NG+? Can I even access most of the postgame with the normal ending?

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 1:15 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

I'm bad at writing things so write mine if you don't mind :)

18 hours ago, Masamune said:

You can come up with something for mine, I was quite satisfied with the one I got in the Epic Quest. UXKndt7.png

Ok, finished the intros.

Also @Rick_Sanchez if you like mad scientists I recommend to give Steins;Gate a try. It's the best VN I've ever played.

19 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@Dragon-Archon I don't know about writing a good intro like you do, but here is what I can come up with so far:

Added it to the OP.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

@Dragon-Archon

Ha love the intro good job :)

@Masamune

Tanks for the recommendation to start on Boss Return, been more successful than spamming counter banana.

@viech54

I think 7 worlds redux might be available but the post game super boss fights aren't.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I think 7 worlds redux might be available but the post game super boss fights aren't.

Thanks, then it was the right decision to just jump into NG+. Will do the true ending next.

Here's a guide for the masters on each map:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=545208160

This has maps for all areas and the required amount of kills/money or the persona needed to turn a master into your peon.

Keep in mind that you can Moe kill the early enemies with any persona regardless of their preference in NG+. So don't worry if you can't transform into whatever the enemies or the crystals actually want. Make sure to moe kill the enemies individually in boss battles or the tutorial battles as sometimes the crystals can't be moe killed. This does not work on the boss, make sure to use the persona the boss likes. Also make sure to set your mini peon ball to healing if you don't want it to kill the other enemies when you moe kill something.

Edited by viech54

On 25 June 2018 at 5:40 PM, Masamune said:

The main matter you'll want to get is 100 Self-Defense, that'll double all the stats of your armor. Phys. Damage Down, & Magic Damage Down is also good to have (caps at 50), as well as HP Auto-Restore (caps at 25). Enemy Ability Decay is really good too, however it's extremely expensive to make, & you shouldn't really need it unless you plan on doing Overwhelming Apocalypse. 

That's the main ones I use (besides level up bonuses, & EXP/G/MP ups), you may want to get the Defense Coordinator, & Hazard Map innate skill on Chou-Chou, that'll protect you from all status effects (only downside is each one reduces healing spells down 50%, but that won't matter if you have HP Auto-Restore). If you don't get the innate skills, then at least get the matter that'll protect you from instant death, paralysis, move seal... & maybe sleep as well (each of them cap at 300). :hmm: 

The matter change list shows where you can get all that stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gp62wHYlAIM9zVSggFKCQAryusG0UjAn8ZPvaJYWxXg/edit#gid=17

While the innate skills can be gotten from the Swindler, & Gamblin' Lady peons (they learn them on the 10th floor of Mugen Field).

You can come up with something for mine, I was quite satisfied with the one I got in the Epic Quest. UXKndt7.png

Thanks for the help it worked out great, time to grind more ^_^. And yeah I got the innate skills when you mentioned them before, without them i would've gone through the playthroughs a lot slower.

Hey any easy way to far enemy ability decay matters in Mugen Souls?

Also if you're looking for Flower, Well-Done, Beetle, and Slicey shampurus, field enemies in Metal world 3 can drop them, Nature, Wave Cannon, Iron golem, and Death Spider drops them respectively.

I've gotten on average 30 Beetles from each of the last 3 enemies and at most 45 a few times I've gotten 0 due to spawns not spawning an Iron golem for one of the enemies. Also it looks like it's not 100% drop and can drop from other enemies in the room as well. Okay after doing a few more fights I'm done with trying to figure out what drops from what, all I'm getting at is Beetles can drop from the enemies in the last room.  Looks like Iron Golem and Battan drops them.

Slicey ones are lower about 5 - 10 on average but I haven't checked them much because I'm working on Beetles to clear out lower tier shampurus but the death spider is the first enemy to the right from the first hallway.

With well-done and flower they can spawn with the same enemies with beetle and are normally with the other 2 enemies near the save point (hall to it and same room)

You can also get Pencil drill as well from one of the enemies in the last room.

Pretty much 4 of the shampurus in tier 6 can be found in the last room of Metal World 3.

To go further, don't be afraid to seek out field enemies to see what they drop and farm them. They're faster than mugen field and depending on what you're going for can be faster than master point farming.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Hey any easy way to far enemy ability decay matters in Mugen Souls?

Pretty much 4 of the shampurus in tier 6 can be found in the last room of Metal World 3.

To go further, don't be afraid to seek out field enemies to see what they drop and farm them. They're faster than mugen field and depending on what you're going for can be faster than master point farming.

Really, I got all mine while aiming for other matters (by the time I was done, I was around 40 I think?). But most of mine came from the "special" items you can get from the doppelgangers ( Elder Sister Scarf,  Championship Medal,  Sun Goddess Medal), I made sure to get them every playthrough. Any more I needed, I got from making Cursed Dolls (takes 1 Variety Shell, & 1 Blood-soaked Charm).

Thanks for the info. UXKndt7.png & you do know there's an in-game monster list you can view to see what all the enemies drop, right (as long as you've encountered them before)? Just talk to the Shampuru in front of the Bulletin Board.

• Like 1

I do know that but trying to figure out what enemy is where is a pain unless it includes enemy location   okay turns out it includes enemy location. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Edit:
Thank you so much for telling me that cursed dolls are available to buy. Got 25 +2 enemy decay matters. Now to combi- ED 2+ED 2 = 40,000,000 G :jaymon::jaymon::jaymon::jaymon:  HOLY SH- Ya'll weren't kidding that it's expensive. 

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

No update this time, I'm playing something else right now & don't know my exact stats. I've made quite a bit of progress on the Shampurus.

I'm currently right before the final boss in NG+, but I still need 3% for some personas to get the true ending. Start NG++ and get the true ending there or farm in NG+? What's faster and where would I farm if I don't do NG++ right now?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1562-mugen-souls/39-deep-space-flight-go

What are the requirements? I've read it's use a blast attack at 999 blast points, did that and got no trophy.

Edited by viech54

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

No update this time, I'm playing something else right now & don't know my exact stats. I've made quite a bit of progress on the Shampurus.

I'm currently right before the final boss in NG+, but I still need 3% for some personas to get the true ending. Start NG++ and get the true ending there or farm in NG+? What's faster and where would I farm if I don't do NG++ right now?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1562-mugen-souls/39-deep-space-flight-go

What are the requirements? I've read it's use a blast attack at 999 blast points, did that and got no trophy.

I'd just farm the rest, you should have access to the 7 World battles by now (Renegade - Prologue, & Epilogue), right? Prologue gives tier 8s, while the other gives 10s, so try doing Epilogue, you should be able to get your charm up high enough with that.

& that trophy may be a little glitchy, it took me 3 full blast offs for it to pop. :hmm: 

3 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I'd just farm the rest, you should have access to the 7 World battles by now (Renegade - Prologue, & Epilogue), right? Prologue gives tier 8s, while the other gives 10s, so try doing Epilogue, you should be able to get your charm up high enough with that.

& that trophy may be a little glitchy, it took me 3 full blast offs for it to pop. :hmm: 

Not sure I do. Do you mean the 7 World Redux? That's unlocked when Chou-Chou's ego charm is at 20%. It's only at 17%, so no, don't have 7 World Redux and hope this is not what you meant.

I see, then I'll just try it again and hope for the best.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Thank you so much for telling me that cursed dolls are available to buy. Got 25 +2 enemy decay matters. Now to combi- ED 2+ED 2 = 40,000,000 G :jaymon::jaymon::jaymon::jaymon:  HOLY SH- Ya'll weren't kidding that it's expensive. 

Yeah, I think it's the second most expensive thing to max in the game (the first are those stats+ ones, which isn't worth the time/effort). By the time I was done, I think I could've maxed 5-6 ultimate pieces of armor to Lv999. ? But it's worth it, just don't ask me what the exact range is on that ability, I'm still not 100% sure. ?

I think the cheapest way to fuse them all is to first combine all your 2s to 4s, then 4s to 8s, etc... until you have a shiny 50. :P 

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Not sure I do. Do you mean the 7 World Redux? That's unlocked when Chou-Chou's ego charm is at 20%. It's only at 17%, so no, don't have 7 World Redux and hope this is not what you meant.

I'm fairly certain those first 2 levels become available once you hit post-game, the rest require a high Ego level. So being in NG+, it should be available? :hmm: But if I am mistaken, you can get some decent shampurus at Tree World's Land of Legend, just go around fighting enemies there (the first 2 enemies in the second room is a good spot).

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Masamune said:

I'm fairly certain those first 2 levels become available once you hit post-game, the rest require a high Ego level. So being in NG+, it should be available? :hmm: But if I am mistaken, you can get some decent shampurus at Tree World's Land of Legend, just go around fighting enemies there (the first 2 enemies in the second room is a good spot).

NG+ apparently doesn't count as post game, don't have these. So I'll just to got Land of Legend and farm there for a while. Thanks.

Shampurus: 32,394

Playthroughs: 1

Play Time: 30:26:37

Trophies: 28/51

Almost tripled my Shampurus.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, I think it's the second most expensive thing to max in the game (the first are those stats+ ones, which isn't worth the time/effort). By the time I was done, I think I could've maxed 5-6 ultimate pieces of armor to Lv999. 1f605.png But it's worth it, just don't ask me what the exact range is on that ability, I'm still not 100% sure. 1f611.png

I think the cheapest way to fuse them all is to first combine all your 2s to 4s, then 4s to 8s, etc... until you have a shiny 50. :P 

That's exactly what I did :awesome: 

Also faster money making tip than Frenzy mode. Spam Banana Counterattack! it gave me on average 20-30M gold with +150% G Matter and can be done in two or three turns depending on if the game wants to drop invincibility crystals next to the banana with using reflection ball at level 999. After a few hours I had a boat load of money to combine my Enemy decay matter.

No, Counterattack Banana! (The harder one) doesn't give more gold, I tested it several times, I got 10-20M gold with +150% G matter. Don't ask me why. It does give a boat load of more XP. Although I was moe killing the crystal so if that has something to do with it IDK. More testing is required. It doesn't

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

My Vacation has come to an end as of this post. I didn't get as far as I would've liked but I did get a lot done including getting my +50 enemy decay matter. I may once a month request 3 days off in a row as opposed to just 2 so I can work on this more if I don't finish or get close to finishing by the end of July.

Affinities:

• Ego: 80%
  • Sadist: 80%
  • Bipolar: 80%
  • Ditz: 73%
  • Terse: 80%
  • Hyper: 80%
  • Graceful: 73%
  • Masochist: 73%

Shampurus: 633,984

Playthroughs: 15

Play Time: 462:37:46

Trophies: 47/51

Detailed Shampuru count:

Spoiler

Tier 1: 9999 all the way through

Tier 2: 9999 all the way through aside from last column which is at 9988

Tier 3: 9999 all the way through aside from last column which is at 6814

Tier 4: 9999 all the way through aside from last column which is at 6645

Tier 5: 9999 all the way through aside from last column which is at 1440

Tier 6: 9999 all the way through aside from last column which is at 1494

Tier 7: 263, 6250, 6486, 4749, 109, 3718, 300

Tier 8: 8372, 4970, 9999, 9999, 9999, 3831, 1357

Tier 9: 67, 3220, 3456, 1739, 495, 755, 2155

Tier 10: 9999, 9801, 9999, 9264, 2373, 6486, 9999

Tier 11: 11, 21, 96, 74, 103, 179, 9999

Tier 12: 144, 310, 136, 212, 373, 263

Tier 13: 3243, 9999, 2235, 6868, 3010, 9999

Tier 14: 3930, 3420, 3240, 1775, 3270, 1700

Tier 15: 6485, 4725, 7045, 6335, 3635, 4595

I'm getting to just primarily Tier 7, 9, 11, and 12 with the most to work on and Tier 13, 14, 15 that can be easily done, and Tier 8 and Tier 10 almost done and the last column of shampurus can be easily done mostly.

I'm thinking about going for maxing out as much as the last column I can, then work on Tier 8/10 till almost max, Followed by 13/14 till almost max, then 11/12 till almost max, get 7 done to almost max, then Playthrough spam until Tier 15 is completed to the point where I can make a 10,000,000,000 KM Peon Ball. I Might switch 7 and 15 around depending on how annoying it becomes going through the mugen field since there's no easy place for those shampuru unless someone knows an easier place to farm Tier 7.

I'm also going to do 2 full playthroughs on both my days off until Tier 15 is maxed out. I can knock at that while going towards everything else on my non off days.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

That's exactly what I did :awesome: 

Also faster money making tip than Frenzy mode. Spam Banana Counterattack! it gave me on average 20-30M gold with +150% G Matter and can be done in two or three turns depending on if the game wants to drop invincibility crystals next to the banana with using reflection ball at level 999. After a few hours I had a boat load of money to combine my Enemy decay matter.

No, Counterattack Banana! (The harder one) doesn't give more gold, I tested it several times, I got 10-20M gold with +150% G matter. Don't ask me why. It does give a boat load of more XP. Although I was moe killing the crystal so if that has something to do with it IDK. More testing is required. It doesn't

Wow, it does drop more G, I don't know if I ever noticed that before. :blink: Not as much if you build up a large multiplier in Mugen Field, but it can be done a lot quicker, & you can save in between (so no more cussing when the game freezes). J7fIzcd.png So the first one is good for G, while the other is for EXP.

You can also get more G if you can peon the large crystal, since that'll give you a higher multiplier (it gave me nearly 40M).

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

@Masamune Thanks, got Ego and Hyper to 20% easily. Now I still need Ditz, Graceful, and Masochist, those three are still only at 17% and didn't level up at all in Land of Legend room 2. Where are good Shampurus for these personas?

Judging on the ones you need, I'm guessing you're short on the "Support" type shampuru, that one influences all 3 of those affinities (Ditz: Magic/ Support/ Special, Masochist: Defense/ Support, Graceful: Fighter/ Support). If you don't have access to 7 Worlds yet, the best enemy to get them from would probably be Matamata (black/green crab thing, it drops 4 Healing shampuru), you should be able to find it somewhere in Desolate Lands of Fire World.

Another place you can check is the 5th Master Point in Melkua of Water World (it you haven't gotten it yet), it can be farmed easily there (as well as the Rider shampuru).

• Like 1

On 30.6.2018 at 7:43 PM, Masamune said:

Judging on the ones you need, I'm guessing you're short on the "Support" type shampuru, that one influences all 3 of those affinities (Ditz: Magic/ Support/ Special, Masochist: Defense/ Support, Graceful: Fighter/ Support). If you don't have access to 7 Worlds yet, the best enemy to get them from would probably be Matamata (black/green crab thing, it drops 4 Healing shampuru), you should be able to find it somewhere in Desolate Lands of Fire World.

Another place you can check is the 5th Master Point in Melkua of Water World (it you haven't gotten it yet), it can be farmed easily there (as well as the Rider shampuru).

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for the future. I got all the charm levels in Metal World The Final Frontier. It took forever, if anyone needs this as well, don't farm there.

Now it's time to get the true ending out of the way and start the real grind. Got myself an S rank Overwhelming Crown at Lv. 999 with the help of the paid DLCs, that should carry me through the first post game grind.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

Progress report! UXKndt7.png

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 92%
  • Sadist: 95%
  • Tsundere: 95%
  • Ditz:  94%
  • Terse: 95%
  • Hyper: 92%
  • Graceful: 92%
  • Masochist: 94%

Shampurus: 707,752 Guess I'll go ahead & post my exact numbers as well (I've been avoiding this because of laziness). :P 

Spoiler

FAnvAeR.png

Tier 01: 4660 / 2993 / 2714 / 2999 / 3284 / 4787 / 8968

Tier 02: 4520 / 5232 / 7364 / 6640 / 7174 / 6917 / 7953

Tier 03: 7498 / 9999 / 8515 / 9999 / 7862 / 4456 / 4955

Tier 04: 4979 / 4643 / 9999 / 9999 / 7574 / 9999 / 9535

Tier 05: 9020 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 1279

Tier 06: 1462 / 4589 / 4090 / 5711 / 0641 / 3254 / 5731

Tier 07: 0512 / 5034 / 5286 / 3534 / 0141 / 2958 / 0659

Tier 08: 9999 / 4778 / 9999 / 9999 / 8496 / 3028 / 8725

Tier 09: 0326 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 6291 / 2467 / 9999

Tier 10: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 3950 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 11: 0108 / 2310 / 9999 / 9999 / 7196 / 9999 / 9409

Tier 12: 1228 / 9999 / 5241 / 2027 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 13: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 14: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 15: 8290 / 6407 / 8600 / 8245 / 4972 / 5575

Playthroughs: 11

Play Time: 175:04:48

Trophies: 48/51

As expected, not much charm gain, but I did manage to get another 150K shampurus. One more playthrough down as well, although that was mainly to gain access to some Master Points for farming. Getting closer to the 200 hour mark... I'm kinda hoping I can be done with this before 300. ?

• Like 1

Knocked out a couple more trophies today (currently at 43/50). Got my average Charm level up to 50% farming Shampuru in the Ultimate Absurdity World battles. Also got the trophy for clearing the Ultimate Absurdity World. Turns out you don’t need to clear all the battles, you just need to complete the first few to unlock all remaining battles then clear the last battle for the trophy. Also been working on levelling up the stats of some Peons to get my teams stats to 1000% of base values. I wasted about 2.5 hours between last night and this evening trying for the stupid 999 hit combo trophy. The best I could manage was 672 and even then I don’t know what I did to get it that high. But I’ll keep trying for a bit each day. I’m hoping to have the plat by the end of this week as I mostly just need to keep farming Shampuru while levelling my Peons for the remaining trophies to be easier.

• Like 2

@Rick_Sanchez @Masamune @viech54 @FilmFanatic Nice work with the progress :yay: .

On 6/30/2018 at 0:45 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Nice, added this to the OP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Knocked out a couple more trophies today (currently at 43/50). Got my average Charm level up to 50% farming Shampuru in the Ultimate Absurdity World battles. Also got the trophy for clearing the Ultimate Absurdity World. Turns out you don’t need to clear all the battles, you just need to complete the first few to unlock all remaining battles then clear the last battle for the trophy. Also been working on levelling up the stats of some Peons to get my teams stats to 1000% of base values. I wasted about 2.5 hours between last night and this evening trying for the stupid 999 hit combo trophy. The best I could manage was 672 and even then I don’t know what I did to get it that high. But I’ll keep trying for a bit each day. I’m hoping to have the plat by the end of this week as I mostly just need to keep farming Shampuru while levelling my Peons for the remaining trophies to be easier.

The stats maxes out at 600% iirc

Affinities:

• Ego: 37%
  • Sadist: 34%
  • Bipolar: 34%
  • Ditz: 32%
  • Terse: 34%
  • Hyper: 37%
  • Graceful: 32%
  • Masochist: 32%

Shampurus: 46,995

Playthroughs: 2

Play Time: 40:01:14

Trophies: 36/51

Got the true ending, then defeated all doppelgangers and the Sun Goddess. The Sun Goddes was tough, didn't feel like upgrading my equipment, so she killed everyone in one hit. This was the only time I used more than just Chou-Chou in the active party to divert attention from her and give her the time to peon the large crystal.

Next is... I don't know. Should I start NG++? Should I farm 7 World Redux for Shampurus? What are good matters to break the game and where do I get them? Is it enough to have matter one one piece of equipment or on one character? Which of the good ones stack?

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2