Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

7 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

The stats maxes out at 600% iirc

Remember they're playing Z, not the original. :P If I recall, it goes all the way up to 1000% in that game (& it's a lot easier to increase it to that point too). :hmm: 

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

Next is... I don't know. Should I start NG++? Should I farm 7 World Redux for Shampurus? What are good matters to break the game and where do I get them? Is it enough to have matter one one piece of equipment or on one character? Which of the good ones stack?

The main thing I did was focused on increasing my Ego level so I could unlock Boss Returns (need an Ego of 60%). The main fight I used to increase it was Renegade - Epilogue, to the point where Admiral was nearly maxed. Or you could do another playthrough so you could get 2 more ultimate armors for Chou-Chou (hopefully you already got one set of Overwhelming Briefs/Nudie Apron from the doppelgangers).

As for matter, I'll just copy what I recommended to Mattemery:

Spoiler

The main matter you'll want to get is 100 Self-Defense, that'll double all the stats of your armor. Phys. Damage Down, & Magic Damage Down is also good to have (caps at 50), as well as HP Auto-Restore (caps at 25). Enemy Ability Decay is really good too, however it's extremely expensive to make, & you shouldn't really need it unless you plan on doing Overwhelming Apocalypse. 

That's the main ones I use (besides level up bonuses, & EXP/G/MP ups), you may want to get the Defense Coordinator, & Hazard Map innate skill on Chou-Chou, that'll protect you from all status effects (only downside is each one reduces healing spells down 50%, but that won't matter if you have HP Auto-Restore). If you don't get the innate skills, then at least get the matter that'll protect you from instant death, paralysis, move seal... & maybe sleep as well (each of them cap at 300). :hmm: 

The matter change list shows where you can get all that stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gp62wHYlAIM9zVSggFKCQAryusG0UjAn8ZPvaJYWxXg/edit#gid=17

While the innate skills can be gotten from the Swindler, & Gamblin' Lady peons (they learn them on the 10th floor of Mugen Field).

I just have one of each capped matter on Chou-Chou, I never bothered to see if any of them stack (I'm pretty sure they don't though). :hmm: 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Remember they're playing Z, not the original. :P If I recall, it goes all the way up to 1000% in that game (& it's a lot easier to increase it to that point too). :hmm:

@Rick_Sanchez Masamune is correct. In Mugen Souls Z you can max at 1000%. Initially you can only go to 300% but if you take a character through all 7 World Redux battles you can get to 1000%. If you do Peon Fusion at level 9999 you increase a characters stats by 40% per fusion so reaching 1000% is quick and easy if you can rake in the XP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Masamune said:

The main thing I did was focused on increasing my Ego level so I could unlock Boss Returns (need an Ego of 60%). The main fight I used to increase it was Renegade - Epilogue, to the point where Admiral was nearly maxed. Or you could do another playthrough so you could get 2 more ultimate armors for Chou-Chou (hopefully you already got one set of Overwhelming Briefs/Nudie Apron from the doppelgangers).

As for matter, I'll just copy what I recommended to Mattemery:

Hide contents

The main matter you'll want to get is 100 Self-Defense, that'll double all the stats of your armor. Phys. Damage Down, & Magic Damage Down is also good to have (caps at 50), as well as HP Auto-Restore (caps at 25). Enemy Ability Decay is really good too, however it's extremely expensive to make, & you shouldn't really need it unless you plan on doing Overwhelming Apocalypse. 

That's the main ones I use (besides level up bonuses, & EXP/G/MP ups), you may want to get the Defense Coordinator, & Hazard Map innate skill on Chou-Chou, that'll protect you from all status effects (only downside is each one reduces healing spells down 50%, but that won't matter if you have HP Auto-Restore). If you don't get the innate skills, then at least get the matter that'll protect you from instant death, paralysis, move seal... & maybe sleep as well (each of them cap at 300). :hmm: 

The matter change list shows where you can get all that stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gp62wHYlAIM9zVSggFKCQAryusG0UjAn8ZPvaJYWxXg/edit#gid=17

While the innate skills can be gotten from the Swindler, & Gamblin' Lady peons (they learn them on the 10th floor of Mugen Field).

I just have one of each capped matter on Chou-Chou, I never bothered to see if any of them stack (I'm pretty sure they don't though). :hmm: 

So I'll farm Renegade Epilogue for a while until I get bored and head into NG++ to get the equipment from the doppelgangers again (used some of it for matters). Yes, I got these two pieces of equipment from the doppelganger fights. Still have to level them up & am kinda broke at the moment considering how expensive it is.

For the level up bonuses, are all of them really needed? I'd say it's better to focus on health, defense against physical and magical attacks and speed since Chou-Chou rarely attacks.

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

For the level up bonuses, are all of them really needed? I'd say it's better to focus on health, defense against physical and magical attacks and speed since Chou-Chou rarely attacks.

Yep, I use DEF, MND, HP, & AGI level up matters. UXKndt7.png Not much point in increasing your attack since you should be aiming on peoning most things from this point onward. If you do accidentally frenzy an enemy & have trouble killing it, a good way to do so is to keep blasting it into the walls to knock down its HP (this'll work on just about any enemy that doesn't have an HP regain ability).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Yep, I use DEF, MND, HP, & AGI level up matters. UXKndt7.png Not much point in increasing your attack since you should be aiming on peoning most things from this point onward. If you do accidentally frenzy an enemy & have trouble killing it, a good way to do so is to keep blasting it into the walls to knock down its HP (this'll work on just about any enemy that doesn't have an HP regain ability).

Will do that, then. The remaining slots can be used for evasion up, Peon Points up, move up, and other quality of life matters. Especially Peon Points up should be good if I accidentally frenzy anything. A peon ball or the special attacks should help out greatly if this happens.

edit: What about Matter Efficacy up? Does that make the other matters even better?

Right now I have TEC Level Up Bonus +9, INT Level Up Bonus +17, Phys. Damage Up +4, Magic Damage Up +1, Evasion Up  +66, Move Up +131, DEF Level Up Bonus +9, AGI Level Up Bonus +13, Peon Points Up +17, Gained EXP Up +29, Gained Mugen Points Up +23, HP Level Up Bonus +12, HP Auto-Restore +5, Magic Damage Taken Down +1, Gained G Up +21, Phys. Damage Taken Down +6, MND Level Up Bonus  +11, Matter Efficacy Up +9, and ATK Level Up Bonus +10. Had some free slots and chose to fill them with whatever I had because it's better than nothing.

Edited by viech54

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

What about Matter Efficacy up? Does that make the other matters even better?

I'm not 100% sure how it effects other matter, it does increase the effect of some, however I don't know if it has any effect on matter that is already capped. :hmm: It can't hurt though, so I do have one placed in a spare slot.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:38 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

...then Playthrough spam until Tier 15 is completed to the point where I can make a 10,000,000,000 KM Peon Ball.

The more I try clearing Overwhelming Apocalypse, the more I'm tempted to do that as well. ? I haven't been able to clear it even once today... at this rate I could even farm 15s quicker in Mugen Field. ?

• Like 2

@Masamune Damn that's a pretty good Shampuru count for not having reached the 200-hour mark yet. When I go back to playing the game, should I continue doing the Peon fusion, or just grind out the Shampurus by doing NG+ runs? Or don't bother with the runs and just dive into the Mugen Field?

15 hours ago, Masamune said:

I'm not 100% sure how it effects other matter, it does increase the effect of some, however I don't know if it has any effect on matter that is already capped. :hmm: It can't hurt though, so I do have one placed in a spare slot.

Tried it, doesn't seem to do anything for matters such as Self-Defense, but will still keep it.

Is it true that leveling an item from level 1 to 999 in one go is better? Many people recommend it, but no one explained why it's needed to go from one to 999 in one go. What are the benefits of doing that?

3 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@Masamune Damn that's a pretty good Shampuru count for not having reached the 200-hour mark yet. When I go back to playing the game, should I continue doing the Peon fusion, or just grind out the Shampurus by doing NG+ runs? Or don't bother with the runs and just dive into the Mugen Field?

It depends, are you planning on doing Overwhelming Apocalypse for tier 15s? If so, I'd definitely recommend getting CC to 600% level up value. But if you're just going to do multiple NG+ for them, it's not needed. Personally I'm about ready to give up on Apocalypse myself, I've spent hours trying to clear it & I've only succeeded 3 times. ? 

As for Mugen Field, only worry about farming shampurus there if they can't be gotten anywhere else. Depending on the ones you're going for, you'll probably need a pretty high charm level too (I'm still frenzying a couple even at 94%).

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Is it true that leveling an item from level 1 to 999 in one go is better? Many people recommend it, but no one explained why it's needed to go from one to 999 in one go. What are the benefits of doing that?

Definitely. If you don't do it in one go, the final item won't have as high stats (you get a bonus the more levels you increase at once). Let's say you wanted to level the ultimate scythe (Seven's Evocation), doing it in one go will give it these stats:

SP: 4596895

ATK: 3434809

DEF: 3434809

INT: 19704014

MND: 3822170

AGI: 3434809

TEC: 3434809

While increasing it only 100 levels at a time will give you this:

SP: 4027789

ATK: 3079069

DEF: 3079069

INT: 16359540

MND: 3395259

AGI: 3079069

TEC: 3079069

As you can see, it can make a pretty big difference depending on how low you go.

• Like 2

-----Redacted Due to Stupidity-----

silence onion head

It seems I forgot about a fairly important mechanic in this game... the bloody Weapon/Skill+ effects! :facepalm: That's what was causing the radical stats changes between my forms, I can't believe I've been playing all this time & didn't even notice it. ?

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Masamune said:

As you can see, it can make a pretty big difference depending on how low you go.

Will keep going from 1 to 999 in one go, then.

After a day of farming, I've reached the conclusion that it lacks consistency with Chou-Chou's current charm levels. I'll do another NG+ and hope it'll raise the charm level by a few % to speed it up.

11 hours ago, Masamune said:

-----Redacted Due to Stupidity-----

silence onion head

It seems I forgot about a fairly important mechanic in this game... the bloody Weapon/Skill+ effects! :facepalm: That's what was causing the radical stats changes between my forms, I can't believe I've been playing all this time & didn't even notice it. 1f611.png

Now I'm curious about what was redacted :ninja: .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Now I'm curious about what was redacted :ninja: .

To sum it up, he was pointing out how his Chou Chou in ego and bipolar had higher stats than the other affinities but after equipping everything they had lower stats.

6 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

To sum it up, he was pointing out how his Chou Chou in ego and bipolar had higher stats than the other affinities but after equipping everything they had lower stats.

Ah ok, thanks. Seems weird that equipping things reduces stats, I thought the point of equipment was to increase stats :hmm: .

Just a off-topic but Let`s play topic. Why is Let's Play Neptunia not on the Other LP Threads ?

The only difference I see between LP Neptunia and Other LPs is Wdog`s custom made a Trophy List instead of a Beautiful Trophy for which game is completed or series/game is completed and a ``!`` at end of LP Name.

6 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Just a off-topic but Let`s play topic. Why is Let's Play Neptunia not on the Other LP Threads ?

The only difference I see between LP Neptunia and Other LPs is Wdog`s custom made a Trophy List instead of a Beautiful Trophy for which game is completed or series/game is completed and a ``!`` at end of LP Name.

I would assume because those are the events run by Dragon or ones that he has influence in like my Kingdom Hearts LP. He has nothing to do with the LP Neptunia thread. 

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, thanks. Seems weird that equipping things reduces stats, I thought the point of equipment was to increase stats :hmm: .

Yeah, when I removed everything from CC to check her base stats, all I had equipped was a cheap sword (which Ego & Tsundere get a bonus from). So when I equipped my normal weapon (that they don't get a bonus from), it made it look like it was actually lowing their stats. :P 

& of course since I forgot about those weapon/skill + boosts, that means I haven't been taking advantage of it all this time either. :facepalm: If I focus on just one of CC's forms, I can get it up to the 130M-200M stats range (that's with a soap boost too), that's pretty good considering it's usually around half that. :blink: 

14 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@Masamune if it's going to be a pain in the ass, then I will probably take the easy way out and just do the NG+s for Tier 15.

10 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Agreed, from the sound of things, NG+ spam for tier 15s are the way to go.

Overwhelming Apocalypse is definitely the quickest way to get tier 15s, however it's also the hardest because you either need overwhelming luck, or stats to do it. :P NG+ is the easiest method, but also the longest (you'd probably need close to 20 runs if you plan on getting your 15s that way). 

I'm going to try & buff up CC as much as possible & see if I can clear it a little easier now (I'll try to peon the large crystal, but if it looks like it won't work out, I'll try to kill them normally before I frenzy them instead). :hmm: 

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I would assume because those are the events run by Dragon or ones that he has influence in like my Kingdom Hearts LP. He has nothing to do with the LP Neptunia thread. 

That makes sense to why LP Neptunia is not there, thank you for answering my question UXKndt7.png

I be back on Mugen Souls journey once I have plated Megadimension Neptunia VIIR, Miracle Girls Festival, Shining Resonance Refrain, Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match and Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment and 100%ed Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, by then maybe Dragon have a Working PC :awesome:

Speaking of SAO, I want to make a LP of the series and sure SAO Hollow Fragment might be the only game in the series that can be called a ``epic quest``.

See ya(somehow there was a Game Console that looks mistaking like Uzume`s on ground right where Leon was going) Offf(Leon falls and his hand pushed the the Swirl mark button and a portal opens)

I`am getting sucked in!

ba59acffac954f571c943054fee3f56315307387

• Like 2

Charm:

• Ego: 42%
  • Sadist: 39%
  • Bipolar: 39%
  • Ditz: 38%
  • Terse: 39%
  • Hyper: 42%
  • Graceful: 38%
  • Masochist: 38%

Shampurus: 78,461

Playthroughs: 3

Play Time: 55:24:30

Trophies: 38/51

Cleared the game again and defeated all doppelgangers a second time, then grinded some money against the first banana. It's easier to Moe kill things now, but I might go for another NG+ before starting the grind for real. The doppelgangers still increase the charm levels quite a bit.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Masamune said:

I'm going to try & buff up CC as much as possible & see if I can clear it a little easier now (I'll try to peon the large crystal, but if it looks like it won't work out, I'll try to kill them normally before I frenzy them instead). :hmm: 

Yeah, it doesn't really matter if your stats are 100M or 200M, the enemies can still one-shot you (even if they're not frenzied), & the ones with HP regain are near impossible to kill without a full power Peon Ball (which you can't make because the enemies will nuke you with their specials if you get too much PP saved up). ?

What kind of sadist made these battles!? crying3 onion head Hard to believe there's even harder DLC battles too. Dg4Gw6V.png

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

13 hours ago, Kent said:

It's because LP Neptunia doesn't offer a trophy to participants upon platting a game. I know LP Catherine and SO5 didn't have those either, but that's because Dav (the one who created the trophies for SO4) was very busy with Song Vote at the time and my attempts ended in utter failure. The SO5 thread died a few months after it starting, so won't bother creating trophies with that, unless at least a dozen people join and plat the game. I do plan on opening the LP Catherine once the Full Body version is released and this time it'll have trophies.

10 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

That makes sense to why LP Neptunia is not there, thank you for answering my question UXKndt7.png

I be back on Mugen Souls journey once I have plated Megadimension Neptunia VIIR, Miracle Girls Festival, Shining Resonance Refrain, Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match and Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment and 100%ed Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, by then maybe Dragon have a Working PC :awesome:

Speaking of SAO, I want to make a LP of the series and sure SAO Hollow Fragment might be the only game in the series that can be called a ``epic quest``.

Oh nice, I'd join a LP SAO. Though Hollow Fragment isn't in the Epic Quest category as it's 150 hours. Epic Quests start at 200.

13 hours ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, when I removed everything from CC to check her base stats, all I had equipped was a cheap sword (which Ego & Tsundere get a bonus from). So when I equipped my normal weapon (that they don't get a bonus from), it made it look like it was actually lowing their stats. :P 

& of course since I forgot about those weapon/skill + boosts, that means I haven't been taking advantage of it all this time either. :facepalm: If I focus on just one of CC's forms, I can get it up to the 130M-200M stats range (that's with a soap boost too), that's pretty good considering it's usually around half that. :blink:

Ah ok :lol: .

2 hours ago, Masamune said:

What kind of sadist made these battles!? crying3 onion head Hard to believe there's even harder DLC battles too. Dg4Gw6V.png

The same sadists that added the trophies for reaching 100% charm levels and 9999 Shampurus for every tier to the list :ninja: .

• Like 3