Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

4 hours ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, it doesn't really matter if your stats are 100M or 200M, the enemies can still one-shot you (even if they're not frenzied), & the ones with HP regain are near impossible to kill without a full power Peon Ball (which you can't make because the enemies will nuke you with their specials if you get too much PP saved up). 1f611.png

What kind of sadist made these battles!? crying3 onion head Hard to believe there's even harder DLC battles too. Dg4Gw6V.png

Meaning I won't bother with max stats. How far should I go? I'll do items and matters, those can be done while grinding Shampurus. Is it even helpful to get the base stats to 600%?

Edited by viech54

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Oh nice, I'd join a LP SAO. Though Hollow Fragment isn't in the Epic Quest category as it's 150 hours. Epic Quests start at 200.

So that`s how a Game is made a Epic Quest, I see. How do I start a LP? as far I know a LP don`t pop out of the blue and if the question then it starts then it starts around time SAO S3 is airing(Fall 2018) and ends one year after SAO S3 has finished airing(Fall 2019 or Winter 2020)

53 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

So that`s how a Game is made a Epic Quest, I see. How do I start a LP? as far I know a LP don`t pop out of the blue and if the question then it starts then it starts around time SAO S3 is airing(Fall 2018) and ends one year after SAO S3 has finished airing(Fall 2019 or Winter 2020)

I just start an LP whenever the banner and trophies are ready, though I try not to spam an event every week to give people the time to complete it instead of burying them with LPs, which generally results in them losing interest. An LP doesn't have to start whenever a new game is released or an anime season starts. As for how long an event lasts: that depends on how long you want to maintain the thread. Usually activity starts to decline after a few months, until it's a new release. Games for LPs can be single games or an entire series, but not multiple games from different series. It doesn't have to be a new release, I usually create LPs for games that I enjoyed a lot and want other people to try out, even if they were released years ago. Besides that, if I haven't platted the game, I'll look for someone who did to act as an advisor in case participants have questions. Preferably someone who has been around for a few years so there's less chance of them abandoning it. For helping out as an advisor, they get a trophy too.

The format is the intro with a spoilerfree description about the game's synopsis. Then comes the info about rewards, followed by guides & advisors, then participants, and finally the hall of fame. If it's an epic quest, I also add a section for useful posts with links to it after the guides & advisors section, though this isn't restricted to epic quests only. Let me know if you need more info.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I just start an LP whenever the banner and trophies are ready, though I try not to spam an event every week to give people the time to complete it instead of burying them with LPs, which generally results in them losing interest. An LP doesn't have to start whenever a new game is released or an anime season starts. As for how long an event lasts: that depends on how long you want to maintain the thread. Usually activity starts to decline after a few months, until it's a new release. Games for LPs can be single games or an entire series, but not multiple games from different series. It doesn't have to be a new release, I usually create LPs for games that I enjoyed a lot and want other people to try out, even if they were released years ago. Besides that, if I haven't platted the game, I'll look for someone who did to act as an advisor in case participants have questions. Preferably someone who has been around for a few years so there's less chance of them abandoning it. For helping out as an advisor, they get a trophy too.

The format is the intro with a spoilerfree description about the game's synopsis. Then comes the info about rewards, followed by guides & advisors, then participants, and finally the hall of fame. If it's an epic quest, I also add a section for useful posts with links to it after the guides & advisors section, though this isn't restricted to epic quests only. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you for the infoUXKndt7.png.Where do I go to ask for a LP banner and trophies? or could I wait to You have a working PC? for a spoilerfree description, could I do one for Hollow Fragment, Lost Song, Hollow Realization, Fatal Bullet and VS Accel World? or series?, I won`t go the Wdog Route and try to be Kirito(Though his Neptune lines is funny and fun to read)

26 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Thank you for the infoUXKndt7.png.Where do I go to ask for a LP banner and trophies? or could I wait to You have a working PC? for a spoilerfree description, could I do one for Hollow Fragment, Lost Song, Hollow Realization, Fatal Bullet and VS Accel World? or series?, I won`t go the Wdog Route and try to be Kirito(Though his Neptune lines is funny and fun to read)

You can, but I don't know how long it'll take before it's fixed. I remember Happy doing artwork for the Project Platinum threads, so you could try asking him. I prefer a description about every game, but the series is fine too.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You can, but I don't know how long it'll take before it's fixed. I remember Happy doing artwork for the Project Platinum threads, so you could try asking him. I prefer a description about every game, but the series is fine too.

Sent him a message with your name in it just to be sure I found the right Happy.

I forgot to ask this, could I add a ``feel free to join the Project Platinum Dengeki Bunko``? I`am just asking as it`s dead and my question about Mary Skelter: Nightmares was never answered on either Dengeki Bunko or Compile Heart as I found the game on both PPs

Edited by Leon Castle

37 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Sent him a message with your name in it just to be sure I found the right Happy.

I forgot to ask this, could I add a ``feel free to join the Project Platinum Dengeki Bunko``? I`am just asking as it`s dead and my question about Mary Skelter: Nightmares was never answered on either Dengeki Bunko or Compile Heart as I found the game on both PPs

Ok.

You could try asking the PP admin if the PP is still up.

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The same sadists that added the trophies for reaching 100% charm levels and 9999 Shampurus for every tier to the list :ninja: .

You actually don't have to max every one... if you're able to max every shampuru but one, you'll only need about 2000 for the last one... So if my math is right, you can skip a grand total of 7,899 shampurus out of 1,009,899! :awesome: 

9 hours ago, viech54 said:

Meaning I won't bother with max stats. How far should I go? I'll do items and matters, those can be done while grinding Shampurus. Is it even helpful to get the base stats to 600%?

Yeah, I'd at least get your items & matters maxed. Getting your stats up value to 600% will only give you about an extra 30M stats, I believe base stats cap around there (even if you're using level up matter), you can work on it some while farming high EXP battles (like Boss Returns), but I wouldn't bother with any more than that. :hmm: 

Well Happy is pretty preoccupied with real life stuff so he could not help me with the Let's Play SAO banner and trophies. So I go with option 2 and wait for @Dragon-Archon`s PC to be fixed. gives me time to think of a banner and what trophies to be made.

8 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Well Happy is pretty preoccupied with real life stuff so he could not help me with the Let's Play SAO banner and trophies. So I go with option 2 and wait for @Dragon-Archon`s PC to be fixed. gives me time to think of a banner and what trophies to be made.

Ok, if you don't want to wait, there are other good artists on this site. Some names that come to mind are Masamune and ruffedgz.

13 hours ago, Masamune said:

You actually don't have to max every one... if you're able to max every shampuru but one, you'll only need about 2000 for the last one... So if my math is right, you can skip a grand total of 7,899 shampurus out of 1,009,899! :awesome:

I stand corrected: you only need to max out 99.22% of all shampurus :giggle: .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Damn, that sucks. Did you lose a lot of progress?

with the water world freeze I just saved minutes beforehand and the mugen field freeze I lost like 40 levels

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

Another NG cleared & defeated all doppelgangers again, got more charm boosts and almost 30k Shampurus. Chou-Chou's peon ball is now the size of a sun. I think I'll farm 7 World Redux now instead of doing another NG+ run.

Charm:

• Ego: 47%
  • Sadist: 44%
  • Bipolar: 44%
  • Ditz: 42%
  • Terse: 44%
  • Hyper: 47%
  • Graceful: 42%
  • Masochist: 42%

Shampurus: 106,860

Playthroughs: 4

Play Time: 66:42:46

Trophies: 38/51

Edited by viech54
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Another NG cleared & defeated all doppelgangers again, got more charm boosts and almost 30k Shampurus. Chou-Chou's peon ball is now the size of a sun. I think I'll farm 7 World Redux now instead of doing another NG+ run.

Charm:

• Ego: 47%
  • Sadist: 44%
  • Bipolar: 44%
  • Ditz: 42%
  • Terse: 44%
  • Hyper: 47%
  • Graceful: 42%
  • Masochist: 42%

Shampurus: 106,860

Playthroughs: 4

Play Time: 66:42:46

Trophies: 38/51

Nice, congrats :yay: . You're making a lot of progress trophy-wise.

2 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

It was a quick 100 point bet to get to field 60 for true ending, got back in no time.

Ah ok, be sure to back up your save files regularly, if you weren't already.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . You're making a lot of progress trophy-wise.

Thanks. Yes, everything's going well so far.

Did you all know you can see the results of increasing the grade of an item before doing it & that it changes when you move the cursor to a different item, then back to the item you want to level? There's no longer any need to waste G Up on items without knowing what you get.

• Like 1

Just now, Rick_Sanchez said:

Just made a back up the other day :) I'm making one just about every week so I don't lose too much. I'm thinking of doing it every time I stop playing and go to sleep for the day.

I make a backup every time when stopping, which was the main function of PS+ for me for a long, long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Did you all know you can see the results of increasing the grade of an item before doing it & that it changes when you move the cursor to a different item, then back to the item you want to level? There's no longer any need to waste G Up on items without knowing what you get.

Oh yeah, sometimes I had to move it back & forth about 20 times before I got the matter I wanted on it. UXKndt7.png

• Like 1

This weeks progress is as such:

Charm:

• Ego: 82%
  • Sadist: 82%
  • Bipolar: 82%
  • Ditz: 75%
  • Terse: 82%
  • Hyper: 82%
  • Graceful: 75%
  • Masochist: 75%

Shampurus: 658,283

Playthroughs: 17

Play Time: 505:11:03

Trophies: 48/51

Spoiler

Tier 1: 9999 all the way through

Tier 2: 9999 all the way through

Tier 3: 9999 all the way to Distance and Special is at 7652

Tier 4: 9999 all the way through

Tier 5: 9999 all the way to Distance and Special is at 1980

Tier 6: 9999 all the way to Distance and Special is at 4047

Tier 7: 268, 7060, 7376, 5319, 114, 4178, 725

Tier 8: 8380, 5428, 9999, 9999, 9999, 3831, 1357

Tier 9: 67, 3380, 3621, 1816, 535, 755, 2155

Tier 10: 9999, 9999, 9999, 9999, 4577, 9999, 9999 (Sumo rarely appeared while grinding the others, will get back to it later if needed)

Tier 11: 11, 21, 96, 74, 103, 179, 9999

Tier 12: 144, 310, 136, 212, 373, 263

Tier 13: 3243, 9999, 2235, 6868, 3010, 9999

Tier 14: 3930, 3420, 3240, 1775, 3270, 1700

Tier 15: 7795, 5635, 8405, 7485, 4325, 5455

Doing a playthrough on both of my off days will get Tier 15 done pretty quick. The other days I'm just grinding the Special column until they're all finished then grind the remaining in 7 World Redux until I can no longer grind there (Tier 7 I'm looking at you)

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

Oh yeah, sometimes I had to move it back & forth about 20 times before I got the matter I wanted on it. UXKndt7.png

I wish I had known that earlier before wasting some 100k G Up. I only found out by accident when I browsed through my equipment & I haven't seen that in any guide. @Dragon-Archon Maybe you want to add that to the first post to make sure others don't waste their G Up like I did?