Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

2 hours ago, viech54 said:

I wish I had known that earlier before wasting some 100k G Up. I only found out by accident when I browsed through my equipment & I haven't seen that in any guide. @Dragon-Archon Maybe you want to add that to the first post to make sure others don't waste their G Up like I did?

I didn't even think to mention it... Come to think of it, I think I probably did the same thing when I first played the game a few years back. :facepalm: 

100K though? Damn, I'm surprised you didn't just save/reload till you got the ones you wanted. :blink: But you got the G Up DLC pack, didn't you? So you should still have plenty (I still have around 370K from mine & have nothing to spend it on). J7fIzcd.png

3 hours ago, Masamune said:

I didn't even think to mention it... Come to think of it, I think I probably did the same thing when I first played the game a few years back. :facepalm: 

100K though? Damn, I'm surprised you didn't just save/reload till you got the ones you wanted. :blink: But you got the G Up DLC pack, didn't you? So you should still have plenty (I still have around 370K from mine & have nothing to spend it on). J7fIzcd.png

That's because I raised the grade for all of my relevant equipment in one go. Save/reload would've meant raising the grade for everything again, so I didn't. Yes, I have the G Up DLC and still have enough grade to get all matters to their max level. Also, not just 100k. By the time I found out about this, I had about 230k left from the 500k I got from the DLC. At least I caught on as soon as I saw it on my save, didn't waste a single G Up afterwards. The grind for G Up could've screwed up my playthrough.

Edited by viech54

Now Let's Play SAO is open for business and the more trophies are being made by @Masamune while He`s also playing Mugen Souls.

(A portal opens and a Horde of monsters led by an Ancient Dragon King and Delphinus appears) Man, There's no moment of peace, (Transforms into a Super Saiyan Blue and makes Excalibur out of his Unlimited Blade Works Ability) See ya (flies into the portal)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

It’s 2:30am and I’ve just got the plat for Mugen Souls Z. The post-game grind to get the G-Castle to ~500m HP/SP was ridiculous. I was lucky if I could Moe Captivate the large crystal half of the time which meant a lot of reloading and trying again. I’m certainly not sad to never have to touch the game again.

Congrats! I'll be getting Mugen Souls Z soon hopefully after I finish Mugen Souls.

7 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Congrats! I'll be getting Mugen Souls Z soon hopefully after I finish Mugen Souls.

Thanks. I picked MGZ up for free on PS+. Also I’m sure you already know that Z is a much quicker game. My total play time was 95 hours. Would have been quicker if I didn’t muck around with Peon Fusion which I never really needed anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Thanks. I picked MGZ up for free on PS+. Also I’m sure you already know that Z is a much quicker game. My total play time was 95 hours. Would have been quicker if I didn’t muck around with Peon Fusion which I never really needed anyway.

Any plan for Mugen Souls? :awesome:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Any plan for Mugen Souls? :awesome:

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

Hmm... Yes, I'd like to ask the same question. :awesome: 

Lol nope. I’ve read that Mugen Souls is easier though obviously longer but I have no wish to spend that much time playing a game. The longest game I’ve played to date is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion which I’ve spent 272 hours playing but stopped before I finished it because of all the bugs/glitches. As far as trophy games go I’ve clocked over 200 hours on Destiny, Dark Souls 2 (PS3) took me 177 hours to plat as I spent a lot of time doing co-op as it was a lot of fun and I spent 172 getting 100% in Nioh and had a blast the entire time. Over this years Christmas holidays I’ll be playing Monster Hunter World which should be an easy 300 hours but at least with that you don’t have to play through the game a dozen times or more though I’ll probably be killing the same monsters a dozen times each but hopefully that won’t get boring.

• Like 2

The amount of times I've hit the item cap in Mugen Souls is starting to get a little tedious. I've made almost 250M G just from selling all the crap I keep getting, it's not like I just sell a couple things here & there either, I nearly empty out my inventory each time. ? To make things worse, you have to sell each item one by one too... I'm amazed my :cross: button isn't broken... or my thumb. <_< 

The last time I hit the cap, I came extremely close (one button press) to accidentally trashing one of my ultimate "seven" weapons (max level with attached matter). If I did, I would've had to reload my last save, which would've cost me like 2 & a 1/2 hours of shampuru hunting (only downside of watching anime while mindlessly farming). ?

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

The last time I hit the cap, I came extremely close (one button press) to accidentally trashing one of my ultimate "seven" weapons (max level with attached matter). If I did, I would've had to reload my last save, which would've cost me like 2 & a 1/2 hours of shampuru hunting (only downside of watching anime while mindlessly farming). 1f605.png

Always equip them on a character before selling your stuff, then you can't accidentally sell your good equipment.

But at least you're doing something while grinding. This will give me the time to catch up on the VoD versions of the streams of a fulltime streamer. Can't watch that, don't have the time to watch 40+ hours of live streams a week, but can watch some while working on Mugen Souls.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Always equip them on a character before selling your stuff, then you can't accidentally sell your good equipment.

But at least you're doing something while grinding. This will give me the time to catch up on the VoD versions of the streams of a fulltime streamer. Can't watch that, don't have the time to watch 40+ hours of live streams a week, but can do watch while working on Mugen Souls.

I'm usually okay when it comes to selling things, but if you hit the item cap after battle, it'll let you trash things, & the process goes very quickly too because all you have to do is push :cross: over it once & it's gone (no "are you sure?" message). Equipping my stuff I want too keep is probably a good idea, even if I never use them. xD 

I definitely recommend doing something while grinding, whether it's anime, music, or whatever... it makes things go a lot quicker. ^_^ So far I managed to watch:

• Endride
  • D. Gray-man (final 20 episodes or so)
  • 18if
  • Fate/Apocrypha
  • Fate/Grand Order: First Order
  • Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (up to EP8)
  • Maken-Ki! 2
  • Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches
  • Daimidaler Prince vs Penguin Empire
  • High School DxD Hero (up to EP9)
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (up to EP12)

& currently I'm on Fate/Extra Last Encore (up to EP3). At least I'm clearing out my anime backlog. ?

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I'm usually okay when it comes to selling things, but if you hit the item cap after battle, it'll let you trash things, & the process goes very quickly too because all you have to do is push :cross: over it once & it's gone (no "are you sure?" message). Equipping my stuff I want too keep is probably a good idea, even if I never use them. xD 

I definitely recommend doing something while grinding, whether it's anime, music, or whatever... it makes things go a lot quicker. ^_^ So far I managed to watch:

• Endride
  • D. Gray-man (final 20 episodes or so)
  • 18if
  • Fate/Apocrypha
  • Fate/Grand Order: First Order
  • Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (up to EP8)
  • Maken-Ki! 2
  • Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches
  • Daimidaler Prince vs Penguin Empire
  • High School DxD Hero (up to EP9)
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (up to EP12)

& currently I'm on Fate/Extra Last Encore (up to EP3). At least I'm clearing out my anime backlog. 1f605.png

Do you understand Japanese or watch them in English/your native language? I don't & I watch anime in Japanese, so watching them while playing is not possible. The videos I watch are in English or German.

"A reading error occured"

I got scared for a second, thinking my savedata might be corrupted. I'd have lost about a day of playing, but it worked when loading the game again.

Edited by viech54

58 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Do you understand Japanese or watch them in English/your native language? I don't & I watch anime in Japanese, so watching them while playing is not possible. The videos I watch are in English or German.

"A reading error occured"

I got scared for a second, thinking my savedata might be corrupted. I'd have lost about a day of playing, but it worked when loading the game again.

Nah, I watch English dubs 99.9% of the time. If I wanted to read the entire time, I'd just read manga. xD

Hmm... never came across that before. Sounds like something you'd get from a scratched disc, or a dirty lens? :hmm: 

3 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Nah, I watch English dubs 99.9% of the time. If I wanted to read the entire time, I'd just read manga. xD

Hmm... never came across that before. Sounds like something you'd get from a scratched disc, or a dirty lens? :hmm: 

Yeah, that works to kill some time while grinding.

No scratched disc, the game was in shrink wrap before I played it for the event, it was alright back then. It never left my PS3 since then. Maybe dirty lens. I think I have a disc (I think, also still in shrink wrap) to clean the lens somewhere in this room.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 7:42 PM, viech54 said:

I wish I had known that earlier before wasting some 100k G Up. I only found out by accident when I browsed through my equipment & I haven't seen that in any guide. @Dragon-Archon Maybe you want to add that to the first post to make sure others don't waste their G Up like I did?

Added it.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:45 AM, Kent said:

So I've downloaded MSZ and all of the free DLC. How should I go about doing this? xD

Nice, good luck :D .

On 7/7/2018 at 4:35 PM, FilmFanatic said:

It’s 2:30am and I’ve just got the plat for Mugen Souls Z. The post-game grind to get the G-Castle to ~500m HP/SP was ridiculous. I was lucky if I could Moe Captivate the large crystal half of the time which meant a lot of reloading and trying again. I’m certainly not sad to never have to touch the game again.

Congrats with platting MSZ and becoming an Ultimate God in the process :yay: . I should have the laptop back again somewhere this month, and afterwards you'll obtain your well-deserved trophy. Any preference for which one you want?

7 hours ago, Masamune said:

Charm Levels:

• Ego: 93%
  • Sadist: 95%
  • Tsundere: 95%
  • Ditz:  94%
  • Terse: 95%
  • Hyper: 93%
  • Graceful: 93%
  • Masochist: 94%

Shampurus: 805,010

FAnvAeR.png

Tier 01: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 8968

Tier 02: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 7953

Tier 03: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 4990

Tier 04: 7276 / 6043 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9535

Tier 05: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 1279

Tier 06: 8480 / 4599 / 4168 / 7586 / 0641 / 6104 / 5731

Tier 07: 0512 / 5034 / 5286 / 3534 / 0141 / 2958 / 0659

Tier 08: 9999 / 4778 / 9999 / 9999 / 8496 / 3028 / 8725

Tier 09: 0326 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 6291 / 2467 / 9999

Tier 10: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 3950 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 11: 0228 / 2310 / 9999 / 9999 / 7196 / 9999 / 9669

Tier 12: 4784 / 9999 / 7103 / 2027 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 13: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 14: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999

Tier 15: 8290 / 6407 / 8600 / 8370 / 4972 / 5575

Playthroughs: 11

Play Time: 192:55:53

Trophies: 48/51

Sigh... an exhausting day. dead onion head Not much playtime this week, but I did get up to 800K shampurus, so that's good enough. :P Only charm difference is Ego, Hyper, & Graceful +1% (useless low tier shampurus). ? 

But I think I'm finally starting to see a very faint light at the end of this long, long, masochistic tunnel. ? Must... keep... playing. Ignore... pain. yW68Mc3.gif

Nice work, you can do it. No pain, no gain and ignore the need to sleep as you that as much as you want after dying :awesome: .

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats with platting MSZ and becoming an Ultimate God in the process :yay: . I should have the laptop back again somewhere this month, and afterwards you'll obtain your well-deserved trophy. Any preference for which one you want?

I’ll go with Bipolar Syrma. I actually like the look of the Mugen Souls trophies with Chou Chou more but I’m not about to go play Mugen Souls just to get one :P

3 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’ll go with Bipolar Syrma. I actually like the look of the Mugen Souls trophies with Chou Chou more but I’m not about to go play Mugen Souls just to get one :P

Ok, Bipolar Syrma it is.

If you plat both MS and MSZ you also get a bonus trophy :awesome: .

37 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Which I'd very much like to have, but not sure if I feel like getting MSZ done after MS.

Ok, I might get rid of the event's time limit with more LP threads appearing, as to prevent participants from having to choose which LPs to complete. That way, they can complete them all at their own pace. But uh... that's not certain though, so no slacking off in the meantime.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, I might get rid of the event's time limit with more LP threads appearing, as to prevent participants from having to choose which LPs to complete. That way, they can complete them all at their own pace. But uh... that's not certain though, so no slacking off in the meantime.

As far as time requirements are concerned, I should be fine. I want to get MS done by the end of August, that's plenty of time to get MSZ done even if I don't do it right away. But sure, others might need more time.

7 minutes ago, viech54 said:

As far as time requirements are concerned, I should be fine. I want to get MS done by the end of August, that's plenty of time to get MSZ done even if I don't do it right away. But sure, others might need more time.

Nice, it should be doable. Good luck with that.