Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

4 hours ago, viech54 said:

So... With that little rant out of the way (and before I start to use colorful language that will get me a warning point), it's time for an update.

When things started getting too frustrating for me because of the crappy RNG, luck, karma, will of the Gods, etc... I found it best to grind something easier while I calm down (like doing another playthrough). :P I'm fairly certain most people who have undergone this journey have used "colorful" language more than once. xD 

I'm not going to lie... I probably flipped-off my TV a few times while going for it. 2ArhS5z.gif Although I guess it wasn't the TVs fault, that should've been directed towards the system itself... Either way, once it gets to that point, it's time to take a break. ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, viech54 said:

The grind is just awful. It taking a long time is not the issue. The problem is that way more than 90% of all failures aren't the fault of the player. It's garbage programming resulting in artificial difficulty that's beyond the control of the player. Choices don't do what they're supposed to do, the crystal is in a mood that has no good choices (sorrow/fear are the worst, doesn't matter what Chou-Chou does, everything sucks), the enemies knock Chou-Chou into an instant death zone that I can't remove in time and won't because it's better to just try to peon the large crystal. There's a crystal anywhere on the field that doesn't let me move and a turn limit and the crystal is out of my reach, but affects me. The enemies don't knock me out of the zone that prevents my movement, so the turn limit runs out. Or the game freezes upon completing a stage.

It takes me at 30 minutes on average to clear Boss Returns just once and it's not because I mess up.

If I join an LP/epic quest again, I have to make sure that there's not that kind of randomness in the game. I can't stand games that destroy my progress when it's not my fault. It's okay to take some time to get the plat and if I fail because I messed up, then sure thing, I can always improve and try again, but that's not how the grind in this game works. And if you're wondering, yes, I don't enjoy the grind one bit at this point (hope it gets better later). If not for me watching videos or listening to music while doing this, I'd stop now. But I'll see this through to the end. There's only about 620k Shampurus left to get... *sighs*

So... With that little rant out of the way (and before I start to use colorful language that will get me a warning point), it's time for an update.

Charm:

• Ego: 67%
  • Sadist: 62%
  • Bipolar: 62%
  • Ditz: 64%
  • Terse: 62%
  • Hyper: 67%
  • Graceful: 64%
  • Masochist: 64%

Shampurus: 379,047

• FAnvAeR.png
  • Tier 01: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 4336
  • Tier 02: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 3559
  • Tier 03: 8089 / 9178 / 6285 / 8566 / 6262 / 3664 / 2194
  • Tier 04: 1785 / 1682 / 3087 / 3011 / 2799 / 4006 / 2502
  • Tier 05: 1882 / 2735 / 1874 / 3268 / 0905 / 1005 / 0623
  • Tier 06: 0940 / 3320 / 2273 / 2910 / 0950 / 1240 / 1406
  • Tier 07: 0000 / 2390 / 2486 / 1665 / 0000 / 1390 / 0317
  • Tier 08: 9999 / 2729 / 9999 / 9999 / 7903 / 4110 / 1650
  • Tier 09: 0002 / 9999 / 9999 / 6356 / 3970 / 0620 / 1845
  • Tier 10: 3540 / 3700 / 5256 / 4355 / 0440 / 0860 / 9999
  • Tier 11: 0000 / 0000 / 0150 / 0000 / 0000 / 0050 / 5745
  • Tier 12: 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000
  • Tier 13: 2445 / 1375 / 2650 / 1510 / 1350 / 2175
  • Tier 14: 3000 / 1500 / 2800 / 2300 / 3000 / 1900
  • Tier 15: 3155 / 2255 / 3440 / 3860 / 1635 / 1850

Playthroughs: 6

Play Time: 120:09:20

Trophies: 41/51

Messed up my trophy count on my previous update, already had 40, then got to level 9999 for another trophy. 41 it is. Don't feel like commenting more as of now, read the rant for the reason.

@Dragon-Archon Sure, I'll tell you a few things you can use for my introduction, but not now. As you might've guessed after reading the text above, I'm not in the mood right now.

That sucks, I'll try to create LPs for games that don't have such terrible RNG. Some future LPs will be about Ys, Demon Gaze, and God Eater. LP Catherine will also be revived once the PS4 version is released, though Babel mode does have patterns that are randomly selected from a few preset ones.

Sure, take your time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That sucks, I'll try to create LPs for games that don't have such terrible RNG. Some future LPs will be about Ys, Demon Gaze, and God Eater. LP Catherine will also be revived once the PS4 version is released, though Babel mode does have patterns that are randomly selected from a few preset ones.

That reminds me, I still need to get Demon Gaze II (if I want it for the Vita, I guess I'm going to have to order it). The game I'm playing now (Operation Abyss) was made by the same company, wasn't it? Although Demon Gaze was much better imo. :hmm: 

44 minutes ago, Masamune said:

That reminds me, I still need to get Demon Gaze II (if I want it for the Vita, I guess I'm going to have to order it). The game I'm playing now (Operation Abyss) was made by the same company, wasn't it? Although Demon Gaze was much better imo. :hmm: 

Yeah, both games are from Experience Inc. Demon Gaze is definitely much better, so far the best game I've played from that dev. From best to worst I'd rate them Demon Gaze > Demon Gaze II > Ray Gigant >>> Operation Abyss. Still want to play Stranger of Sword City and Operation Babel.

11 hours ago, Masamune said:

When things started getting too frustrating for me because of the crappy RNG, luck, karma, will of the Gods, etc... I found it best to grind something easier while I calm down (like doing another playthrough). :P I'm fairly certain most people who have undergone this journey have used "colorful" language more than once. xD 

I'm not going to lie... I probably flipped-off my TV a few times while going for it. 2ArhS5z.gif Although I guess it wasn't the TVs fault, that should've been directed towards the system itself... Either way, once it gets to that point, it's time to take a break. 1f605.png

Strangely, right after complaining here and on Discord, I got three successful runs in a row. Maybe complaining helps? ;) But you're right, better do something else than teach my controller how to fly without Red Bull. And at least it's not just me who had this problem when grinding in MS.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sure, take your time.

It's alright, I don't blame you for it, it's not your fault. An Ys LP sounds good, would give me a reason to complete Ys 8 on the Vita, and Ys Origin on PS4. Are there any other Ys games with trophy support (besides Ys 8 on PS4)? Falcom's supposedly working on Ys 9, maybe we'll see a trailer on the TGS later this month. The release date would then probably be 2019/2020.

Already have all God Eater games except the Offshots, would have to wait for Ge3 to be released to earn more rewards for that LP.

Don't have the other games, may or may not go out of my way to buy them when an LP thread goes live.

41 minutes ago, viech54 said:

teach my controller how to fly without Red Bull

Hmm, so you gave the controller dragon wings? :awesome:

43 minutes ago, viech54 said:

It's alright, I don't blame you for it, it's not your fault. An Ys LP sounds good, would give me a reason to complete Ys 8 on the Vita, and Ys Origin on PS4. Are there any other Ys games with trophy support (besides Ys 8 on PS4)? Falcom's supposedly working on Ys 9, maybe we'll see a trailer on the TGS later this month. The release date would then probably be 2019/2020.

Already have all God Eater games except the Offshots, would have to wait for Ge3 to be released to earn more rewards for that LP.

Don't have the other games, may or may not go out of my way to buy them when an LP thread goes live.

So far only Memories of Celceta, Lacrimosa of Dana, and Origin have trophy support. I'm looking forward to Ys IX, a 2020 release seems realistic, especially with Trails of Cold Steel III and IV still needing a localized version.

With more LP threads being planned, I'll be removing the time limit and make anyone that got the plat before the start of the LP eligible for the rewards. This also applies to closed events, such as P5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hmm, so you gave the controller dragon wings? :awesome:

So far only Memories of Celceta, Lacrimosa of Dana, and Origin have trophy support. I'm looking forward to Ys IX, a 2020 release seems realistic, especially with Trails of Cold Steel III and IV still needing a localized version.

With more LP threads being planned, I'll be removing the time limit and make anyone that got the plat before the start of the LP eligible for the rewards. This also applies to closed events, such as P5.

I actually attached my controller to my dragon.

Right, forgot about Memories of Celceta, great game and first Ys I ever played.

I see, gives people the chance to complete them all if they want it.

Seems like Boss Returns works much better now. Here are some things I noticed:

- It's still possible to get an impossible crystal, it being in the sorrow/fear mood frequently is the worst that can happen. All others are more or less doable.

- Never be kind, don't smile. If you have to choose between kind and smile and don't want to wait a turn, then smile.

- Abuse, hit, glare, and bipolar are alright and don't screw up everything, they are better than kind/smile

- Use desperate, crybaby, and confession whenever possible. Desperate and crybaby seem to give better results than confession. Desparate and crybaby seem equal, use whatever you see fit.

- I'll do 10 successful Boss Returns runs a day if it's available.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I actually attached my controller to my dragon.

Right, forgot about Memories of Celceta, great game and first Ys I ever played.

I see, gives people the chance to complete them all if they want it.

Lol :lol: .

Celceta was my first Ys game too :highfive: .

Yeah, especially with so many other events going on, doing a time-consuming game may not be possible.

7 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

To add to the LP thread suggestions, EDF! EDF! EDF :awesome:

*Covers ears and pretends not to hear anything* I can't hear you.

cover-ears-my-little-monster.gif?w=646

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, both games are from Experience Inc. Demon Gaze is definitely much better, so far the best game I've played from that dev. From best to worst I'd rate them Demon Gaze > Demon Gaze II > Ray Gigant >>> Operation Abyss. Still want to play Stranger of Sword City and Operation Babel.

I've actually never heard of the Sword City one, but I already have Babel, so I will do it eventually... just not anytime soon. ?

4 hours ago, viech54 said:

Strangely, right after complaining here and on Discord, I got three successful runs in a row. Maybe complaining helps? ;) But you're right, better do something else than teach my controller how to fly without Red Bull. And at least it's not just me who had this problem when grinding in MS.

Oh, you didn't know? That's one of PSNP's best features, if you're having bad luck with a game, just complain about it here & it somehow drastically increases your luck. :D I don't know how Sly did it, but multiple users on here (including myself) have had it work multiple times. xD 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I've actually never heard of the Sword City one, but I already have Babel, so I will do it eventually... just not anytime soon. 1f605.png

Oh, you didn't know? That's one of PSNP's best features, if you're having bad luck with a game, just complain about it here & it somehow drastically increases your luck. :D I don't know how Sly did it, but multiple users on here (including myself) have had it work multiple times. xD 

There are 2 lists:

I believe Revisited has additional content.

Yep, even with my crappy luck it's worked a few times. Sly once saved a RNGoddess from danger, earning her favour. She was so smitten with her knight in shining Helghast armour, that she helps those who have had a string of bad luck.

• Like 2

This Sly guy sounds awesome! EDF! I think he should start an awesome site sometime. EDF! Maybe a site dedicated to trophies! EDF! And include lets play threads for people to participate in to complete games. EDF! Also we can track all of our trophies and have a leaderboard dedicated to who has the most, who got trophies first, etc. EDF! We also need a thread dedicated to playing a game where you're defending earth from giant bugs with a force of soldiers. EDF! I don't know what that thread would be called! EDF! any ideas Dragon? EDF!

"This subliminal message brought to you by, EDF! EDF! EDF!"

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

*Covers ears and pretends not to hear anything* I can't hear you.

cover-ears-my-little-monster.gif?w=646

Really? Let's see what we can do about it.

hqdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

That's actually what many sites on the internet do. A few months ago when I played Monster Hunter World and wanted the Kulve Taroth armor, the game didn't give me a gem needed for the armor. I went on Twitter and complained to C(r)apcom, then I got a gem in the next quest. But it's a great feature :D

So, update time:

Charm:

• Ego: 72%
  • Sadist: 68%
  • Bipolar: 68%
  • Ditz: 70%
  • Terse: 68%
  • Hyper: 72%
  • Graceful: 70%
  • Masochist: 70%

Shampurus: 436,374

• FAnvAeR.png
  • Tier 01: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 4336
  • Tier 02: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 3559
  • Tier 03: 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 9999 / 2194
  • Tier 04: 1785 / 1682 / 3087 / 3011 / 2799 / 4006 / 2527
  • Tier 05: 1882 / 2735 / 1874 / 3268 / 0905 / 1005 / 0623
  • Tier 06: 0940 / 3320 / 2273 / 2910 / 0950 / 1240 / 1406
  • Tier 07: 0000 / 2390 / 2486 / 1665 / 0000 / 1390 / 0317
  • Tier 08: 9999 / 2729 / 9999 / 9999 / 7903 / 4110 / 2625
  • Tier 09: 0002 / 9999 / 9999 / 6356 / 3970 / 0620 / 2595
  • Tier 10: 9999 / 5870 / 9999 / 8720 / 1440 / 1925 / 9999
  • Tier 11: 0000 / 0000 / 0150 / 0000 / 0000 / 0050 / 5745
  • Tier 12: 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000 / 0000
  • Tier 13: 3345 / 2275 / 3400 / 3010 / 2400 / 3300
  • Tier 14: 5100 / 3200 / 4900 / 4200 / 5100 / 3600
  • Tier 15: 3155 / 2255 / 3440 / 3860 / 1635 / 1850

Playthroughs: 6

Play Time: 130:41:14

Trophies: 41/51

With this, I've nearly doubled my Shampurus over the last few days. Boss Returns was much better today, 13 attempts, 10 were successful. Then I got most of the remaining tier 3 Shampurus and started working on tier 10 in Renegades - Epilogue to max out Admiral. Now that it's at 9999, I can move on to Fallen Angel Training to get the remaining tier 10's. These tiers are no-brainers, I was able to watch a stream of one of my favorite YouTubers while doing that, it's really not needed to pay attention to the game.

1st: Moe Kill

2nd: Small Peon Ball usually destroys whatever's left.

3rd: Reflection ball to clean up anything that survived the Peon Ball or if the Peon Ball didn't occur for whatever reason.

For Boss Returns, I listen to music because I kinda need to pay attention to what happens on the screen.

Here's the playlist I use for the harder parts of the grind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFawgUfNXP8&list=PLKrz1KojtGhQ2AmdO2e9VSVtrRB5wffoO

Needs more Pokemon, Hidan no Aria, Ys, Golden Sun, Final Fantasy, Ar tonelico, Ar nosurge, Warriors, Sum41, Powerwolf, Blind Guardian, Brunuhville, Adrian von Ziegler, and others that I can't think of right now, will work on that someday.
The goal is to have various types of music and a lot of it, so I can choose where I want to start and listen to it for hours without having to change songs manually.

Do you have suggestions what I should add? Can be songs/bands/games/animes/movies/whatever that I should take a look at. Doesn't have to be similar to what's in my playlist, I'm open for new things. Or do you have playlists yourself?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

This Sly guy sounds awesome! EDF! I think he should start an awesome site sometime. EDF! Maybe a site dedicated to trophies! EDF! And include lets play threads for people to participate in to complete games. EDF! Also we can track all of our trophies and have a leaderboard dedicated to who has the most, who got trophies first, etc. EDF! We also need a thread dedicated to playing a game where you're defending earth from giant bugs with a force of soldiers. EDF! I don't know what that thread would be called! EDF! any ideas Dragon? EDF!

"This subliminal message brought to you by, EDF! EDF! EDF!"

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

I believe it would be called LP Mass Effect 3 :awesome: .

If you're up for it, feel free to host an LP EDF.

12 hours ago, viech54 said:

Really? Let's see what we can do about it.

hqdefault.jpg

Too... loud.... ear drums ruptured :jaymon: ... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5154144

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Too... loud.... ear drums ruptured :jaymon: ... 

tenor.gif?itemid=5154144

The gif's not visible for some reason. Guess it was too loud for the gif.

Cleared floor 100 of the Mugen Field to unlock all jobs. While I won't actively work on 600% characters, I'll take what I can get just by playing the game. If it happens that Chou-Chou gets to 600% in the process, I definitely won't complain. That's why I needed more jobs now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, viech54 said:

The gif's not visible for some reason. Guess it was too loud for the gif.

Cleared floor 100 of the Mugen Field to unlock all jobs. While I won't actively work on 600% characters, I'll take what I can get just by playing the game. If it happens that Chou-Chou gets to 600% in the process, I definitely won't complain. That's why I needed more jobs now.

Lol :lol: , how about this one:

9eff782671e547d1eda62ff13db2561a.gif

Congrats with clearing Mugen Field :yay: .

53 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Lol :lol: , how about this one:

9eff782671e547d1eda62ff13db2561a.gif

Congrats with clearing Mugen Field :yay: .

Now it works. Well, I suppose Bart's megaphone attack was overkill.

So, a bit toned down, but now it's from a goddess.

hqdefault.jpg

If I decide to ignore Overwhelming Apocalypse! and do playthroughs for the tier 15's instead, are the enemies in Boss Returns the strongest ones I'll face? If so, I won't bother with increasing stats through peon fusion at all. It's just not worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

hqdefault.jpg

If I decide to ignore Overwhelming Apocalypse! and do playthroughs for the tier 15's instead, are the enemies in Boss Returns the strongest ones I'll face? If so, I won't bother with increasing stats through peon fusion at all. It's just not worth it.

Iirc boss returns was the hardest. For tier 15s you can do a rank M Mugen field run and start Moe killing floor 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100. You'd only have to do playthroughs for the overwhelming (I think? It's the far left tier 15) shampuru. I'd just do playthroughs till that one is maxed, maybe a few more if you want, then rank M runs from there. You can even do the eventful Mugen field to potentially skip lots of floors. I had 10 straight skips once before doing that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

1c7d4f79d151b1e1a5a3276c0c63a63b.gif

Uh yeah, let's just confiscate all of the megaphones before anyone else's eardrum explode. :PxD

Or have people play Monster Hunter World and get an armor with high-grade earplug ;)

@Dragon-Archon You know what you have to do :D (plat takes between 200 and 1200 hours, depends on the game's generositiy when it comes to crown farming, got mine in about 400 hours)

27 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Iirc boss returns was the hardest. For tier 15s you can do a rank M Mugen field run and start Moe killing floor 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100. You'd only have to do playthroughs for the overwhelming (I think? It's the far left tier 15) shampuru. I'd just do playthroughs till that one is maxed, maybe a few more if you want, then rank M runs from there. You can even do the eventful Mugen field to potentially skip lots of floors. I had 10 straight skips once before doing that.

I see, then there is really no need to get better stats. Thanks, will keep it in mind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, viech54 said:

Or have people play Monster Hunter World and get an armor with high-grade earplug ;)

@Dragon-Archon You know what you have to do :D (plat takes between 200 and 1200 hours, depends on the game's generositiy when it comes to crown farming, got mine in about 400 hours)

I have bought Monster Hunter World on another account, might got for the trophy hunt there. It had a lot of hype and livesteams months ago and I saw a few and really enjoyed them. If I can count on some support, I could probably enjoy myself even if I never get the platinum. ^_^

19 hours ago, viech54 said:

hqdefault.jpg

I took some precaution measures just in case :awesome:

Spoiler

4e5e499a424c3e416ca98d4de9691bc7.jpg

13 hours ago, viech54 said:

It was on my wishlist, but I'm still having so much fun with Toukiden, especially when the materials and mitama don't drop <_< . Just need 11 more Eye of Truth Masks and some of those fire turtle materials to obtain them all and still missing 74 mitama. Got a full Ancient Ugaya set at +9 though, so that's something.