Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

Damn, I knew this was coming eventually. xD I'm sure I'll knock out Z before the end date, that one is easy compared to the original. :P But the first game... I'll have to think if I want to do that one again... ?

Oh, & I seen the hidden Prinny too. :P 

Edited by Masamune

36 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Damn, I knew this was coming eventually. xD I'm sure I'll knock out Z before the end date, that one is easy compared to the original. :P But the first game... I'll have to think if I want to do that one again... 1f605.png

Oh, & I seen the hidden Prinny too. :P 

Yep, here it is :lol: . You platted the first game? 

Nicely done :yay: . Btw you're joining, right?

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Would you be willing to join as an advisor? 

Probably.  What would I have to do in that job?

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Would you be willing to join as an advisor? 

Probably.  What would I have to do in that job?

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yep, here it is :lol: . You platted the first game? 

Nicely done :yay: . Btw you're joining, right?

Yeah, I platted both on the old account. Don't ask me to be an advisor though, I basically wiped that grind-fest from my memory by now (so I wouldn't be much help). :P 

Sure, actually I'll probably start Z pretty soon... no promises on the first game though. silence onion head I was planning on making the first Mugen Souls my 50th plat on the new account, but... well, I'm up 87 now & haven't even started it. XD onion head

4 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, I platted both on the old account. Don't ask me to be an advisor though, I basically wiped that grind-fest from my memory by now (so I wouldn't be much help). :P 

Sure, actually I'll probably start Z pretty soon... no promises on the first game though. silence onion head I was planning on making the first Mugen Souls my 50th plat on the new account, but... well, I'm up 87 now & haven't even started it. XD onion head

Nice, that makes you eligible for the Mugen Souls trophy.

Lol, maybe this event will provide enough motivation to make Z plat #100 :awesome: .

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, that makes you eligible for the Mugen Souls trophy.

Lol, maybe this event will provide enough motivation to make Z plat #100 :awesome: .

Oh I'll finish Z a lot quicker than that, it'll probably be #89 (after Mary Skelter), #100 is reserved for Cross Edge. :P  Going by PSNP, I'm actually the 7th achiever for Z. ^_^ 

13 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This would be a good opportunity to finish it. Suffering as a group is a lot more fun than suffering alone :awesome: .

I thought I made a post saying I was joining lol.

14 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

OH HELL YES!!! I'm definitely singing up for this event.

Edited by GarciaFever

I do have Mugen Souls Z. Not sure if i'm willing to start it right now. It'll definitely have to wait until i finish some other long games i started.

Is there anything particularly difficult about Z or is it just a grind? Also, more importantly, can you turbo anything? :P 

5 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

I thought I made a post saying I was joining lol.

Oh right, my bad. I completely missed that.

5 hours ago, acasser said:

I can do that.

Awesome, thanks :D . For which game: MS, Z, or both?

5 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

I do have Mugen Souls Z. Not sure if i'm willing to start it right now. It'll definitely have to wait until i finish some other long games i started.

Is there anything particularly difficult about Z or is it just a grind? Also, more importantly, can you turbo anything? :P 

Ok, let me know when you're starting it and I'll add you.

I haven't played Z yet, but @NanaCheese94 should be able to answer that.

5 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

I want to join as well. I’m going to aim to get both the Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z platinums!

Awesome, good luck and welcome to the event.

6 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

If you have the right strategy it can be relatively fast, compared to other long platinums. Z is not difficult at all as long as you use the DLC starter weapons and learn how to farm G early and focus on that. About you're question if you can turbo anything... You can put your walking speed up to ulrta fast, but it's a little desorienting. Otherwise, Mugen Souls Z is pretty much the Turbo version of the original MS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

*portal opens* 

*Walks out* 

Huh where's this? Oh a Mugen Souls thread? Plat both games? Hell yeah! I've been wanting to go for the plat in both games. Sign this crazy guy up!

Welcome to the club fellow crazy guy :highfive: . You'll fit right in.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Does it matter if I have a small amount of trophies in MS?  I haven't yet put much time in it but been wanting to get back to it.

Nope, that doesn't matter at all. For this event people can even receive the custom trophy emblems if they platted it prior to the start of this event.

• Like 1

@Dragon-Archon: As long as I'm watching this thead and all that, I'll sit here and help with both games.  They're pretty much the same game, anyhow, just the original is far more grindy.  But if you've played the first and then pick up the second, you'll get an odd sense of deja vu as you play through the story because it seems to me that the storyine in MSZ is simply a reprisal of the storyline in the original -- just with different characters.

6 hours ago, acasser said:

@Dragon-Archon: As long as I'm watching this thead and all that, I'll sit here and help with both games.  They're pretty much the same game, anyhow, just the original is far more grindy.  But if you've played the first and then pick up the second, you'll get an odd sense of deja vu as you play through the story because it seems to me that the storyine in MSZ is simply a reprisal of the storyline in the original -- just with different characters.

Alright, added you. Thanks for doing this :D . 

Wasn't aware the games were so similar.

5 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

I'm in - I'd started MSZ as part of KYC4 (!), and after that I've barely played this game... (Mugen Souls was Plat'ed in 2016 by myself). So, I think I'm needing this "group therapy" to finally get this Platinum...

Nice, welcome to the Anonymous Gamer therapy group and congrats with already having the Mugen Souls plat :yay: .

4 hours ago, PermaFox said:

A little bit of a learning curve for me as haven't played MS before.  That captivate is fun! :lol:

Have fun with the game.

• Like 1

Ugh, Mugen Souls is still a game that I wanna plat, but grinding for some Shampurus is annoying. If I am not wrong, my Chou Chou's charming level is 65%.... I gave up on this because the RNG is just really low for the remaining Shampurus. I am thinking on playing MSZ and  no, I didn't get it for free from PS+. I bought it several years ago.

So close but still so far!!! T__T

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1562-mugen-souls/cadaver_no_life

And the fact that really made me lose my motivation was that the monsters that drop the Shampurus that I need really crush me so bad that it hurts. And I cannot get better weapons because of lack of mats.

Edited by Iris Heart
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

Ugh, Mugen Souls is still a game that I wanna plat, but grinding for some Shampurus is annoying. If I am not wrong, my Chou Chou's charming level is 65%.... I gave up on this because the RNG is just really low for the remaining Shampurus. I am thinking on buying MSZ and  no, I didn't get it for free from PS+. I bought it severeal years ago.

So close but still so far!!! T__T

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1562-mugen-souls/cadaver_no_life

And the fact that really made me lose my motivation was that the monsters that drop the Shampurus that I need really crush me so bad that it hurts. And I cannot get better weapons because of lack of mats.

If you join, you'll have others that know exactly what you're going through and together you can do it, don't let that game beat you. And this time there are shiny emblems you can earn.

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you join, you'll have others that know exactly what you're going through and together you can do it, don't let that game beat you. And this time there are shiny emblems you can earn.

OK; I'm joining into this. I think I need to fuse some peons to have a chance to beat those monsters, I have been following the Playstation Trophies farming guide. But, some help would be really useful too. xD

• Like 2