Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

On 30.11.2018 at 4:54 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, it's longer than I expected, though was hoping more people would complete MSZ due it being a PS+ game. Oh well, I guess that means it's time to move on to the next event.

Never got MSZ from PS+, maybe just didn't know it or didn't have PS+ at the time. I still kinda want to get MSZ done, but not this year. There should be some activity next year, but overall you're right, those who really wanted to get things done have the plats by now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viech54 said:

Never got MSZ from PS+, maybe just didn't know it or didn't have PS+ at the time. I still kinda want to get MSZ done, but not this year. There should be some activity next year, but overall you're right, those who really wanted to get things done have the plats by now.

Ah ok, I believe it came to PS+ around the end of 2017/start of 2018 :hmm: . 

There's no need to hurry with MSZ, this event will stay open.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

felt cute, might delete later, idk

ybTONDZ.jpg

Would like to at least do one run of the story and I'll see where things go from there. It's possible that I could get quite a bit done considering I've noticed an odd fondness towards grinds after a few other CH games I've platinumed, though who knows how that'll persist over the course of 400+ hours. :P

Good luck with the games, I'm told it feels very similar to HDN :awesome: .

• Like 3

Started today. Decided to just start over since it has been six and a half years since I last played and I barely made any progress back then anyway. Pretty sure I'm just about caught up and I've played for maybe an hour and a half despite my old save having four on it. :P

Am I to assume that there's not much point to doing Moe Kills on anything but story fights during the campaign? I've noticed that it's generally a lot more efficient to just spam the Moe Kills and let what happens happen since the shampuru counts are so small anyway and these are all commons.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Started today. Decided to just start over since it has been six and a half years since I last played and I barely made any progress back then anyway. Pretty sure I'm just about caught up and I've played for maybe an hour and a half despite my old save having four on it. :P

Am I to assume that there's not much point to doing Moe Kills on anything but story fights during the campaign? I've noticed that it's generally a lot more efficient to just spam the Moe Kills and let what happens happen since the shampuru counts are so small anyway and these are all commons.

In most cases you'll be just killing enemies normally until NG+. But yes, if possible try to Moe bosses (even on NG+ though, this can be pretty difficult with some of them). Also if you're strong enough to beat them while Frenzied (x3 Shamupurus), that's better than nothing.

& good luck keeping your sanity throughout your journey (it starts so dissolve after about 4 or 5 playthroughs)! :awesome:

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Masamune said:

In most cases you'll be just killing enemies normally until NG+. But yes, if possible try to Moe bosses (even on NG+ though, this can be pretty difficult with some of them). Also if you're strong enough to beat them while Frenzied (x3 Shamupurus), that's better than nothing.

& good luck keeping your sanity throughout your journey (it starts so dissolve after about 4 or 5 playthroughs)! :awesome:

I have all that sweet free DLC equipment, so at least for the time being, I can pretty much handle everything without taking damage. Kinda sucks that the dungeon designs are probably gonna be open and enemy-sparse throughout or I could set up turbo to get a headstart on commons for shits and giggles whenever I'm away. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

I have all that sweet free DLC equipment, so at least for the time being, I can pretty much handle everything without taking damage. Kinda sucks that the dungeon designs are probably gonna be open and enemy-sparse throughout or I could set up turbo to get a headstart on commons for shits and giggles whenever I'm away. :P

There may be a few places turbo can help some, but probably nothing where you can go fully automatic (if even one enemy went frenzied, that would pretty much screw up your setup). :hmm:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Masamune said:

There may be a few places turbo can help some, but probably nothing where you can go fully automatic (if even one enemy went frenzied, that would pretty much screw up your setup). :hmm:

Is it possible for an enemy to even go frenzied without doing moe kills? From what I can tell, unless the buttons are remappable, you could only do basic attacks with turbo by turboing cross, which I don't think does much.

43 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Is it possible for an enemy to even go frenzied without doing moe kills? From what I can tell, unless the buttons are remappable, you could only do basic attacks with turbo by turboing cross, which I don't think does much.

If you were going to try to set up turbo just kill them normally (no Moe), then I don't think you'd have anything to worry about. But that would take an incredibly long time (& that's assuming the turbo method works). ?

I've about forgot the controls already, but I could've sworn I just mashed :square: for Moe kills? :hmm:

Edited by Masamune
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Masamune said:

If you were going to try to set up turbo just kill them normally (no Moe), then I don't think you'd have anything to worry about. But that would take an incredibly long time (& that's assuming the turbo method works). ?

I've about forgot the controls already, but I could've sworn I just mashed :square: for Moe kills? :hmm:

Dunno if you can mash square through the moe kill menu, but you need to defend between moe kills since you only get one per turn unless I'm not seeing something. Could possibly spam square and cross at once to get it done, but then you'd normally kill the enemies before you could moe kill them in most cases assuming you're at all strong enough to bother, not to mention that as you said, one frenzy is all it would take to royally screw yourself over and the turbo isn't checking for that.

Also decided to go ahead and max out the grade on the Overwhelming Crown and raise it to Level 755 since I had the G Up and G for it off of DLC packs. I think I'm ready for at least the story now. :P

uqnFsAH.jpg

• Like 1

@Walt the Dog I'll give you some tips for the grind. Don't get too caught up in trying to maximize every single moe boss kill, newgame+ playthroughs are cheap. If i recall correctly I'm on like 14 NG+ now and each new NG+ took me roughly 5 hours, and that was with me moe killing everything. Just try your best to get strong and get into the postgame so you can strengthen yourself for the Newgame pluses.

Also remember that leveling an item from level 1 to 999 in one go gives you the best stats on an item, leveling it incrementally gives you fewer stat ups, so if you find a very high tier piece of equipment, hold onto it until you can completely max it out in one go.

Good luck for the 100% if you're seriously deciding on going for it, I'm at about 400 hours and i only have 458K out of the required 1,002,000 shampuru.

Edited by Orphioon
accidently called grinding boosting, too much Uncharted.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Orphioon said:

@Walt the Dog I'll give you some tips for the grind. Don't get too caught up in trying to maximize every single moe boss kill, newgame+ playthroughs are cheap. If i recall correctly I'm on like 14 NG+ now and each new NG+ took me roughly 5 hours, and that was with me moe killing everything. Just try your best to get strong and get into the postgame so you can strengthen yourself for the Newgame pluses.

Also remember that leveling an item from level 1 to 999 in one go gives you the best stats on an item, leveling it incrementally gives you fewer stat ups, so if you find a very high tier piece of equipment, hold onto it until you can completely max it out in one go.

Good luck for the 100% if you're seriously deciding on going for it, I'm at about 400 hours and i only have 458K out of the required 1,002,000 shampuru.

Yeah, I'm not horrendously concerned about getting all the shampuru I can for the time being since I figure the amount of reloading to do so, especially when it's not Dust Bunnies or Sham-meows at stake, is just too much to actually deal with on Run 1 and I'm still figuring things out. I'm just glad that I have all this equipment for Chou-Chou so I can at least frenzy everything that I can't Peon Kill to get triple shampurus at least. :P

As far as equipment, do you know if there's anything above the Overwhelming Crown in terms of stats that I can get easily around the time I would need it (say, the items that can be stolen from the doppelgangers)? Kinda hoping I didn't just screw up and add dozens of hours to the plat from what I just did. :shakefist:

If nothing else, it wouldn't take too long to get back to this point on a new save and just invest in something slightly weaker to start with that I wouldn't really need to care about the final stats for as long as I held on to the Overwhelming Crown.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

As far as equipment, do you know if there's anything above the Overwhelming Crown in terms of stats that I can get easily around the time I would need it (say, the items that can be stolen from the doppelgangers)? Kinda hoping I didn't just screw up and add dozens of hours to the plat from what I just did. :shakefist:

Overall Overwhelming Crown is the best piece of equipment in the game (giving you a fairly even stats boost in every stat, 4.4M-4.8M if upgraded correctly), so I definitely would've upgraded it to 999 in one go. You can make them eventually, but it definitely won't be anytime soon... I'm not sure how much a difference stopping at 755 will make, but as long as it's still in the 4M area, that'll probably be okay. :hmm:

The good news is that while the crown is one of the top items, I wouldn't consider it the best, that would be the Overwhelming Briefs (which can be stolen if I recall), that's the highest DEF item in the game (which is arguably the most important stat since you don't need ATK for Moe kills). Upgraded all at once, just one will give you 13M DEF, 6.3M MND, & 2.4M in the others, I had 2 of these on my final setup (along with a Nudie Apron for extra MND & 1 crown).

So I wouldn't say you messed up enough to restart, but don't upgrade your crown anymore until you can max it (if you need more stats for some reason, just upgrade something you can easily buy from the shop at the time).

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Dunno if you can mash square through the moe kill menu, but you need to defend between moe kills since you only get one per turn unless I'm not seeing something. Could possibly spam square and cross at once to get it done, but then you'd normally kill the enemies before you could moe kill them in most cases assuming you're at all strong enough to bother, not to mention that as you said, one frenzy is all it would take to royally screw yourself over and the turbo isn't checking for that.

Yeah, I just double checked. :square: brings up Moe kill, but then I mash :cross: to select everything & skip the animations. :P

I had a turbo/memory controller back on the PS2 (or maybe it was PS1?) that would've worked good for something like that, you just input a command & it'll repeat it constantly. It was fun setting that thing up to grind battles for me back then. xD

• Like 1

Did a few Mugen Field runs last night and aside from doing a lot of upgrading since I had 1B Mugen Points, I also managed to come across three XX-9Rs and peon kill the large crystal in all of those battles, so I have an extra 60 Dust Bunnies, which is about enough to make up for what I lost having to frenzy kill a couple bosses. :dance: Not sure why I've heard that the enemy only gives 3-5 of them since in my experience, it gives 4 base and 20 when peoned. Still not really worth grinding for its own sake since the bosses are random, but it's a nice windfall at least. Also made it to Level 128 from all the EXP I earned.

Sucks to hear about the crown, though at least I can snag the briefs off of the Terse Doppelganger when I get there for the best defense. :P The crown's around 2.75M stats right now, so hopefully it can at least get to that 4M threshold in the end.

• Like 2

No story progress tonight.

Did perform Peon Fusion with CC and one of my peons so I could get a 100% Death Resist skill on her, though. Snapped when I got killed out of nowhere in a Mugen Field run on the 32nd floor or something to a Bite Fish despite having more than enough defense to take no damage to all of their attacks.

Also did a full Mugen Field run again for some more G Up and Gold. Got myself more Self Defense and I believe SP Regen and I should be able to get even more Self Defense and even some Enemy Ability Decay once I get a little more G Up.

Also finally maxed out my SSS-7777, so I'm getting a nice defense boost from that. Should be able to max out the Super Galaxy Cutter soon as well.

EDIT: Also happened to notice that one of the Slumbering Bosses is the same fucking rabbit boss that resides in the Centre Plaza dungeon in Omega Quintet as a bonus boss. CH going green once again. ♻️

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 4