Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

@Walt the Dog Definitely get used to losing Mugen Field progress, it'll happen a lot before you're done. ? CH does like to reuse a lot of monsters, one of the ones I hate seeing show up is Vermilion... it doesn't matter what game that stupid suit of armor is in (Agarest, Mugen, Cross Edge, etc), he gives my trouble every time. ?

If you're ever having problems with status effects, you may want to look into the innate skills "Defense Coordinator", & "Hazard Map". That should make you immune to everything if I remember right (it'll lower your healing spells effect by 50% though, so having HP Restore maxed will help with that).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Masamune said:

@Walt the Dog Definitely get used to losing Mugen Field progress, it'll happen a lot before you're done. 1f605.png CH does like to reuse a lot of monsters, one of the ones I hate seeing show up is Vermilion... it doesn't matter what game that stupid suit of armor is in (Agarest, Mugen, Cross Edge, etc), he gives my trouble every time. 1f611.png

If you're ever having problems with status effects, you may want to look into the innate skills "Defense Coordinator", & "Hazard Map". That should make you immune to everything if I remember right (it'll lower your healing spells effect by 50% though, so having HP Restore maxed will help with that).

Thanks for the tips on those skills. Not all that concerned about healing spells since I mainly use items for my healing.

In other news, I started grinding out the ninth Master Point in Uenus for some of the Tier 4 shampuru as noted in the Farming Guide (much earlier than I technically should, but it goes by quickly anyway). Not too horrid so far with some tunes on and if I can get this done early, that's one less grind to worry about in the grindfest that is the latter half of the plat. At the very least, it should get me to 20% Average Charm, if not 25% for the hidden jobs. Started at 15% and I'm at 17% with ~1500 in two of the types, ~1000 in another, ~800 in Master Sergeant, and ~400 in Time Bomb.

EDIT: Made it to 4984 Bargain, 3046 Chubs, 3758 Misfire, 1813 Master Sergeant, and 989 Time Bomb. Will likely do all but Time Bomb to 9999 before I stop for this run and just pay the master point since the enemy that actually drops Time Bomb is fairly rare in the encounters (and only drops 2 base at that) and since I'm using Bipolar to take care of everything easily, I mostly get Item Kills on those and the enemy that drops MSes (thankfully much more common) rather than the Peon Kills I get on everything else. Charm level gains are also dropping off very rapidly. Ego and Sadist have been going up pretty well at 22% each so far, but aside from that, everything else has been more or less static and it's dragging my overall charm behind at 18%. Up to 31k shampurus, though.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

Switched to Hyper since it's just as efficient on the enemies that drop Misfire and Chubs and more effective on the enemies that drop Master Sergeant (far more Peon Kills instead of Item Kills). It guarantees Frenzy on the Bargain enemy, but that drops 4 base and it shows up in every battle, so between that and the fact that I'm far ahead with that one, it hardly factors in.

Here's what I have now

Master Sergeant: 3545

Time Bomb: 1629

Bargain: 7548

Chubs: 4896

Misfire: 6598

40723 Shampuru Total

19% Charm Level

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 1

Made another switch to Graceful since it's even more efficient, managing to end most battles in one turn while peon killing everything except for the Bargain enemies. Only battles that take more than one turn are ones with the Time Bomb enemies, and those are uncommon anyway.

Progress Report

Master Sergeant: 6609

Time Bomb: 2469

Bargain: 9999

Chubs: 7574

Misfire: 9999

53157 Shampurus Total

19% Charm Level

Will max out Master Sergeant and Chubs before I move on. Time Bomb isn't worth it when there's an enemy in the Mugen Field who drops 5 base and I can just do Out Bell spam to get those a lot more consistently if I understand correctly.

Also went from 28 to 38 hours on my file just grinding this out.

zAIf26b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

Progress update

Decided to take a break from the grinding spot for now since I maxed out half the shampuru types there anyway. Ended up grinding about a thousand Block shampurus from the first enemy on Diit, which got my charm levels up enough to get to 20% charm. Will likely wait a bit to finish that grind so I can get the Sadist charm level up higher (she's the best one to do it with since she always peons the cannon enemies and she peons the golem most of the time), though it's quick compared to the ninth master point in Uenus.

Also cleared Metal World. Needed a new trophy since I hadn't earned one in days and the list is still ripe. :P

• Like 3

Got the true end. :dance:

Stats so far after my first run

Charm Level: 24%

Ego: 26%

Sadist: 26%

Bipolar: 23%

Ditz: 23%

Terse: 23%

Hyper: 23%

Graceful: 26%

Masochist: 23%

Shampurus: 60659

Playtime: 45:10:54

Enemy Kills: 6859

Now to do post-game and maybe even start on some 7 World Redux stuff if my charm levels post-doppelganger will allow me to.

• Like 3

Halfway through the doppelgangers now. Also got my second-to-last non-UR trophy from the game for getting all of the G-Castle skills. All I have left on that front is getting every continent to 300%, but I have some grinding left to do on a few of the money master points, so I'll just do that before I peon those.

EDIT: Got my first freeze. Didn't lose anything since I had just saved and then went to the XMB to check something when it froze.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

Cleaned up the last few jobs that I had to unlock, did a bit of Seven World Redux grinding for mid-tier shampurus for a quick charm boost, and finally started my first NG+ run. Didn't get very far in it so far though since I went to sleep soon after. Seems I won't be getting any trophies from this game for a while. :P

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Cleaned up the last few jobs that I had to unlock, did a bit of Seven World Redux grinding for mid-tier shampurus for a quick charm boost, and finally started my first NG+ run. Didn't get very far in it so far though since I went to sleep soon after. Seems I won't be getting any trophies from this game for a while. :P

Before I got the plat for it last year (around this time actually), I went over an entire month without a single trophy because of this game. xD

TEUPT4E.jpg

It's not like I wasn't playing during that month either, I'm sure I got some playtime in just about every day back then. ?

• Like 3

Made it up to right after the Vorgis battle in Chapter 8. Couldn't Peon Kill him since he frenzied right away even doing everything correctly (I assume he can't be peoned until my charm is much higher), but I did at least manage to kill him somehow from blasting him off, probably into a crystal that killed him upon breaking, so that's an extra 75 High Lasers.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

An update!

I managed to get the 50% charm trophy, though 100% is so far away. I managed to 9999 a few shampurus at least. Well more playthroughs await!

Shampuru Count: 229803

Charm Level: 50%

Playthroughs: Almost finished with 6th playthrough

Awesome, you're getting there :yay: . Good luck with the remaining playthroughs.

• Like 3

Next update! Progress has slowed down a bit but the grind continues slowly. The current goal in mind is to get Dust Bunny and Sham-meow to 9999 by doing enough playthroughs for them. Maybe more playthroughs afterwards for the tier 15 Shampurus?

Shampuru Count: 295259

Charm Level: 55%

Playthroughs: 9th playthrough at the beginning of post game

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At 52% Charm now with 133288 shampurus.

At 4960 Admirals now, so just under halfway through the Renegades - Epilogue part of the grind.

EDIT: Got another attempt at the 10B damage trophy in and I got 4.8B against a group of 10 enemies in Arena of Strength. Considering I now have 13k more shampurus than what green's GameFAQs guide says is necessary for that trophy and I have Undisputed God Charge equipped, either I'm missing something or the 120k figure isn't accurate.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3