Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

At 668840 Shampurus with 91% Average Charm. Got done my 8th doppelganger run so I can start on my 9th run. Also maxed out Test Success 1 and the rest of Tier 13, so all that's left from Boss Returns is Capsule Toy (at 6904 now). Considering that this turns said fight series into a reset-fest as I have to constantly reset whenever the second battle has no Revenants, I'm switching over to Boss! Boss!! Boss!!! for the time being so I can lessen the Paw Pad grind between doppelgangers (not to mention I believe this is the one thing I have left from 7 World Redux apart from Capsule Toy grinding). Only at a measly 1420 Paw Pads, so that should easily keep me occupied for the rest of my runs and then some.

• Like 3

At 710284 Shampurus with 91% Average Charm. Got done my ninth story run. Also sidetracked a bit to clear out the Tier 5 shampuru grind. Everything is maxed out except for Ensign and Iron Plate, which I just ground out enough that my next 18 runs should max them out, as well as CPU Big Sis, which will get at or close to max naturally during my Paw Pad grind. Still need to grind out ~1800 Master Sergeants from the fourth tier to be truly done with anything that involves grinding Master Points, but once I either bother with that on another run or just grind it out naturally from the times I have to traverse through Uenus anyway, I shouldn't need to worry about Master Point grinding any longer. :dance:

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 3

At 729736 Shampurus with 92% Average Charm. Got done my ninth doppelganger run, so I can start on my 10th story run. That said, I decided to make a little diversion to do the Rank L Mugen Field shampurus. Got done with Evil Angel so far and I'm on Bigguns now. Bigguns grind is gonna suck though because I only get 7 of them per enemy (so 35 per moe kill) and I started in the double digits (Made it up to 272 so far). On the bright side, once it's done, I'm assuming that'll be one of the worst Mugen Field grinds done since out of the other three I have in double digits (all conveniently Fighter shampuru so everything connected to those is suffering in charm levels ?), one of them has 12 shampuru per enemy and the other has 14 shampuru per enemy, with only one sharing the same 7 shampuru per enemy that Bigguns has. Only other issue is that two of those are in high M floors and one is in the last floor range of M Tough, so I may need to rely on large crystals and or frenzying for those assuming they pull some bullshit where the enemies themselves are impossible to peon when you get that high even if you max out your charm levels (which TBH, I'll likely be pretty close by the time I bother with M Tough because I wanna have the highest stats I can get on G Castle in the event of ship battles).

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 4

At 736263 Shampurus with 92% Average Charm. Made it to 3863 Bigguns so far after an entire round of Out Bells (and 4 bells into the second round). Also up to 7282 Capsule Toys from the occasional Slumbering Boss, which is nice considering I have no intention to go back and grind that otherwise unless it's the last thing I can do (at least with Paw Pad grinding, each run actually guarantees Paw Pads).

• Like 2

At 740839 Shampurus with 92% Average Charm. Up to 8049 Bigguns now after my second round of Out Bells, so 56 moe kills left until I'm done, which should come at some point in my third round of bells. Also up to 7672 Capsule Toys. Not gonna bother grinding them out further once Bigguns is done since I'm assuming that if any Slumbering Bosses in M/M Tough have them, they'll be on the 6x floor range where none of my remaining shampuru grinds are, not to mention that should be enough anyway so long as I keep up with my plan of grinding Paw Pads between doppelganger battles every run.

• Like 3

At 745670 Shampurus with 92% Average Charm. Only used 20 Out Bells tonight, but I still went from 2411 to 3539 Dynamites and from 3462 to 4302 Sumos, so I'm making decent progress. Grind is probably gonna take longer than I'd like it to though, since it takes a minimum of two turns to peon both Jormugands and Mauflons, not to mention I actually need to have the phrase chart out for these since they have high enough resistance that there's actually a decent chance of frenzying them. Have lost a few enemies to frenzying already, though at least when it's the Jormugand, I can always just knock it around while I'm trying to murder it to see if I can spawn in an extra Mauflon from the air chests.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

At 757962 Shampurus with 92% Average Charm. Took about a month break from the game because of how fucking boring the Mugen Field grind is + getting sidetracked by other things, but I'm back at it and I maxed out Sumo and Dynamite, so just Pirates left in the 9X floor range (plus any Fleet Admirals I can squeeze in since it's the only relevant grind in M rank's 9X range). Hoping I can get this run done within the week and get back to doing playthroughs.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2021 at 0:18 AM, SmellsLikeJazz said:

Does anybody know what happened to Dragon-Archon? He's been a name I've seen everywhere on this site for years and now his profile is blank. ):

iirc he has irl things he's taking care of like his job/family.

• Like 1

At 759882 Shampurus with 92% Average Charm. Up to 4189 Pirates and 769 Fleet Admirals now after going through my remaining 30 Out Bells from the previous floor range. Won't bother to max out Fleet Admirals here since while Shine Fishes tend to show up in higher numbers when they do appear, they also don't appear as much. God Eaters show up in groups of 1, sometimes 2, but at least they generally show up.

• Like 3

At 769446 Shampurus with 93% Average Charm. Maxed out Pirates and with that, I'm finally done Rank L grinding. :dance:

Also at 3968 Fleet Admirals, which puts me at a good head start for that grind considering I barely had any when I first started.

Will continue later with more runs of the game. Looking to put off Rank M and Rank M Tough until I'm nearly if not completely done my NG+ runs to get my charm as high as I can get it.

• Like 3

At 816128 Shampurus with 94% Average Charm. Didn't have much time tonight, so I decided to change things up and just take care of my 17 Boss! Boss!! Boss!!!! runs that I would normally do between doppelganger fights so that tomorrow, I can just blitz through the doppelgangers and move on to the next run. Got 395 Paw Pads thanks to a fair amount of Frenzies.

• Like 3

At 827816 Shampurus with 94% Average Charm. Got through the doppelgangers and also decided to do some random grinding. Got a few hundred Agents from Galactic God Arena to get me to 9276, got 150 Veterans from accidentally misclicking on Mega-Strong Arena once, and did some Tier 1 grinding for the hell of it.

Also got maxed out R. Shampurus this run, so that's neat. Means I don't need to worry much about the Vorgis/Belleria doppelganger fight anymore. Also shouldn't be long until I can start skipping the final doppelganger battle as well.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been a very interesting read seeing other peoples progress on Mugen Souls. I'm working on it myself currently, and so far I'm at roughly 490000 shampurus with 64% charm average and 10 playthroughs completed. I'll post a breakdown of which shampurus I have when I'm back on it again.

• Like 3

Here's my breakdown:

Ego: 68%

Sadist: 66%

Bipolar: 66%

Ditz: 61%

Terse: 66%

Hyper: 68%

Graceful: 61%

Masochist: 61%

Charm Lv% Average: 64%

Shampurus: 492441

Playthroughs: 11

For my shampurus I currently have Happy as the only Special I have maxed out, with Dust Bunny, ShamMeow and R.Shampuru the next closest. All Tier 1, 2 and 3 shampurus are maxed out, 3/6 are maxed out for Tier 4 and 5/6 are maxed out for Tier 5. I've been mainly trying to hold off from grinding the 7 world redux fights until I can moe kill all the enemies in one turn rather than 2 turns so my shampuru gains have been quite slow for the other tiers. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since my update breakdown and I have gotten quite a lot of shampurus since then. Here is how my progress looks so far:

Ego: 88%

Sadist: 86%

Bipolar: 86%

Ditz: 84%

Terse: 86%

Hyper: 88%

Graceful: 84%

Masochist: 84%

Charm Lv Average %: 85%

Shampurus: 701432

Playthroughs: 14

I have 39 shampuru types maxed out, with at least 10-15 more closing in on being maxed out as well. I'm still debating on how I want to proceed with obtaining tier 15 shampurus, either by doing more new game+ runs or attempting to do Overwhelming Apocalypse. Only problem is that I'm not sure what I should have ChouChou's stats at for more survivabilty if I go the OA route (I'm assuming the large crystal can't be moe killed in OA).

• Like 2