Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

Not sure if I should join this event after what I did in the Let's Play Persona 5 (didn't start the game at all). Unlike Persona 5, I already have Mugen Souls. I want to clear my PS3 backlog someday, but don't know when. Mugen Souls is not on my to do list (Lost Sphear, Dark Souls Remaster, DS2 on PS3, Tera, maybe FF XIV, some other games) right now. It's possible I'll change my mind and play it or that I don't touch it at all.

Decide for yourself if you want to add me to the event or want me to start the game first, then post here again, @Dragon-Archon

I'm fine with it either way.

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

Not sure if I should join this event after what I did in the Let's Play Persona 5 (didn't start the game at all). Unlike Persona 5, I already have Mugen Souls. I want to clear my PS3 backlog someday, but don't know when. Mugen Souls is not on my to do list (Lost Sphear, Dark Souls Remaster, DS2 on PS3, Tera, maybe FF XIV, some other games) right now. It's possible I'll change my mind and play it or that I don't touch it at all.

Decide for yourself if you want to add me to the event or want me to start the game first, then post here again, @Dragon-Archon

I'm fine with it either way.

Ok, added you. Have fun in case you decide to give it a try.

I finished my first run in Z, I just went for the normal ending for now. I could've gotten the true end (average Charm Lv is 17%, & Syrma is around Lv350), but now I have access to that movement speed boost (which I don't even think I noticed the last time I played), & it doesn't hurt to get all those boss drops/treasures again too. ^_^ 

Current playtime is around 22 hours... Now the fun part of blazing through NG+, skipping all the scenes. :P 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Masamune said:

I finished my first run in Z, I just went for the normal ending for now. I could've gotten the true end (average Charm Lv is 17%, & Syrma is around Lv350), but now I have access to that movement speed boost (which I don't even think I noticed the last time I played), & it doesn't hurt to get all those boss drops/treasures again too. ^_^ 

Current playtime is around 22 hours... Now the fun part of blazing through NG+, skipping all the scenes. :P 

That's fast :o , congrats :yay: .

4 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I'm close to beating Mugen Souls, on Metal World right now.

Nicely done :yay: .

10 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's fast :o , congrats :yay:

I got through NG+ in about 4-5 hours, I think? I'm already in post-game now. :P Next I'm going to revisit all the worlds to collect all the treasures/planet energy I missed, then I'll start with the post-game events. ^_^ I'm sure I'll have to take level/powering up a little more seriously before I do though, the true end boss took me a couple tries to beat (I've basically been letting the free DLC equipment carry me this far). ?

Oh, & I am a little closer to talking myself into starting the first game later too, it's about a 50/50 split right now. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Masamune said:

I got through NG+ in about 4-5 hours, I think? I'm already in post-game now. :P Next I'm going to revisit all the worlds to collect all the treasures/planet energy I missed, then I'll start with the post-game events. ^_^ I'm sure I'll have to take level/powering up a little more seriously before I do though, the true end boss took me a couple tries to beat (I've basically been letting the free DLC equipment carry me this far). 1f605.png

Oh, & I am a little closer to talking myself into starting the first game later too, it's about a 50/50 split right now. 1f914.png

Nice, good luck with the post-game stuff :yay: .

*Whispers* play Mugen Souls.

1 hour ago, Makilio said:

Mugen Souls is definitely an adventure; good luck to everyone attempting it!

I may end up joining this event later for Mugen Souls Z; I'm still recovering from the first game.

Let me know if you decide to play MSZ and I'll add you.

[Mugen Souls Z] Got my 999 hit combo (1,186)! :yay: Once you max out your Damage Carnival, it's not that difficult (just requires a little luck with the turn placement). ^_^ I just used the "Dinner Party" 7 World Redux battle to get it (Lv1000 Abababan), but here's some tips for anyone struggling to get it:

Note that my stats while doing this widely varied while doing this. 

• You'll want to focus on DEF/MND so nobody gets killed (mine were anywhere from 3M to 9M for that fight).
  • Low attack so you don't accidentally kill it (this'll depend on your weapon type/attacks really, I had attack stats ranging from 30K to 5M. Careful if anyone is in the millions, I almost killed mine by the 700th hit).
  • You'd think AGI would be important for multiple turns, but maybe not that much (2 characters were below 10K, 1 was around 40K, & the last was 5M. & they all kept a pretty even turn order).
  • You'll want to try & have your Move boosted as well, you don't want to have the enemy blasted out of your range, you'll need every turn you can get. Having your characters all using bazookas/guns will help too.
  • Try to have attacks that have a high Blast Off+ (at least 300) but lower Action Lv (you may want to steer clear of anything above 150).

Once you think you're ready, find somewhere with a strong boss to fight. The 7 World Redux is a good place to look, as it has various enemy levels.

1. Clear out all the enemies except the large boss (maxing your Blast Off in the process).
  2. Go to the large crystal & get it's Hate gauge "almost" maxed.
  3. This is the tricky part, you need to get the Boss monster to use a high Action Lv skill (around 175, you can check an enemy's skills via :r1:, then :start: on the enemy's icon), & then hope that either Syrma/Chou-Chou is next in line (or very close) afterwords. If so, go ahead & piss-off the large crystal (activating Fever Time).
  4. Now you just need to keep blasting the boss into one of the Fever Time orbs (if your Damage Carnival is maxed, you should be doing 100+ hits each time).
  5. If everything worked out, you should get 1000 hits just before Fever Time ends (don't worry if it looks like the enemy's turn is coming up, it should get knocked back due to the constant blast offs).

That's about all I can think of in terms of advice for this trophy, I hope it'll be able to help some people who are having trouble with it (some of this can probably be applied in the original game too). Good luck! good luck onion head

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Masamune said:

[Mugen Souls Z] Got my 999 hit combo (1,186)! :yay: Once you max out your Damage Carnival, it's not that difficult (just requires a little luck with the turn placement). ^_^ I just used the "Dinner Party" 7 World Redux battle to get it (Lv1000 Abababan), but here's some tips for anyone struggling to get it:

• You'll want to focus on DEF/MND so nobody gets killed (mine were anywhere from 3M to 9M for that fight).
  • Low attack so you don't accidentally kill it (this'll depend on your weapon type/attacks really, I had attack stats ranging from 30K to 5M. Careful if anyone is in the millions, I almost killed mine by the 700th hit).
  • You'd think AGI would be important for multiple turns, but maybe not that much (2 characters were below 10K, 1 was around 40K, & the last was 5M. & they all kept a pretty even turn order).
  • You'll want to try & have your Move boosted as well, you don't want to have the enemy blasted out of your range, you'll need every turn you can get. Having your characters all using bazookas/guns will help too.
  • Try to have attacks that have a high Blast Off+ (at least 300) but lower Action Lv (you may want to steer clear of anything above 150).

Once you think you're ready, find somewhere with a strong boss to fight. The 7 World Redux is a good place to look, as it has various enemy levels.

1. Clear out all the enemies except the large boss (maxing your Blast Off in the process).
  3. This is the tricky part, you need to get the Boss monster to use a high Action Lv skill (around 175, you can check an enemy's skills via :r1:, then :start: on the enemy's icon), & then hope that either Syrma/Chou-Chou is next in line (or very close) afterwords. If so, go ahead & piss-off the large crystal (activating Fever Time).
  4. Now you just need to keep blasting the boss into one of the Fever Time orbs (if your Damage Carnival is maxed, you should be doing 100+ hits each time).
  5. If everything worked out, you should get 1000 hits just before Fever Time ends (don't worry if it looks like the enemy's turn is coming up, it should get knocked back due to the constant blast offs).

That's about all I can think of in terms of advice for this trophy, I hope it'll be able to help some people who are having trouble with it (some of this can probably be applied in the original game too). Good luck! good luck onion head

Nice work and an impressive post. I'll go through the thread and post links to useful posts in the OP.

• Like 1

I'll start on these in about a week really hoping to clear them really just the combo trophy that bothers me and then the Shampuru grinds nothing else looks like anything to worry about. I know I have all the English DLC for Mugen Souls but unsure on Mugen Souls Z although I know it is a lot of it so that should speed stuff up.

8 minutes ago, Shana Alter said:

I'll start on these in about a week really hoping to clear them really just the combo trophy that bothers me and then the Shampuru grinds nothing else looks like anything to worry about. I know I have all the English DLC for Mugen Souls but unsure on Mugen Souls Z although I know it is a lot of it so that should speed stuff up.

Ok, good luck and have fun. A few people have posted information about the combo trophies, so hopefully those will help.

30 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ok, good luck and have fun. A few people have posted information about the combo trophies, so hopefully those will help.

Well got to at least hope for maximum points in a race and yeah hopefully the combo stuff helps just hope it isn't luck based even a little due to my luck being horrible...

Must succeed for those Mugen Souls trophies though!

Added the Useful Posts section to the OP. Let me know if I missed anything or added the info to the wrong game. I also added a tl;dr version to the Custom Trophies section, since it seems people had trouble figuring out how many trophies they were eligible for.

1 hour ago, Shana Alter said:

Well got to at least hope for maximum points in a race and yeah hopefully the combo stuff helps just hope it isn't luck based even a little due to my luck being horrible...

Must succeed for those Mugen Souls trophies though!

You can have some of my luck *transfers some luck to Shana*. Multiplying 2 negatives makes it a positive as per math rules, so that should help .... or worst case scenario: it backfires, but let's just go with the assumption it'll be a positive force. :ninja: 

Good luck with Mugen Souls, glad to know those trophies are providing motivation :D .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Masamune said:

Yo Masamune great work on testing this out!!

Do you mind if I add this to the 999 combo section of my guide? Of course you'll be sourced

• Like 1

woo beat the final boss in the story and got the 100,000 damage trophy using the peon ball on it. Now for a true end run then grind grind grind.

Holy cow that ending scene LOL quality goddess right there.

Edit: while going to get the rest of the continents 300% under my control, ran into a huge ass mob, used peon ball on them and got the 1,000,000 damage trophy.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

9 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Do you mind if I add this to the 999 combo section of my guide? Of course you'll be sourced

Yeah, that's fine. Go for it. ^_^ 

9 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Added the Useful Posts section to the OP.

Cool, I think you did the same thing for the Star Ocean one too, didn't you? It's nice being able to find the useful post all in one place, & not searching through a ton of pages for it. xD 

I thought of something else that you may want to add to the Z section. Once you start taking on the post-game bosses, I'd recommend you just Item Captivate the large crystal (not Peon it), you can get some very good items for doing so (Sun Goddess Medal, Shard of Seven, etc), as well as item components to help you make some of the best equipment in the game.

56 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Yeah, that's fine. Go for it. ^_^ 

Cool, I think you did the same thing for the Star Ocean one too, didn't you? It's nice being able to find the useful post all in one place, & not searching through a ton of pages for it. xD 

I thought of something else that you may want to add to the Z section. Once you start taking on the post-game bosses, I'd recommend you just Item Captivate the large crystal (not Peon it), you can get some very good items for doing so (Sun Goddess Medal, Shard of Seven, etc), as well as item components to help you make some of the best equipment in the game.

That's correct, item capture is much better as it gives you Max shampuru AND all items that can be dropped (definitely use it to farm sun goddess medals on the final mugen souls redux challange), but a little less easy to remember the affinity relationships in my oppinion because they are not so logic.

I have the list of the relationships in my guide, but for convenience here they are again:

Normal captivate

• Captivate Ego enemies using the Ego form
  • Captivate Sadist enemies using the Sadist form
  • Captivate Masochist enemies using the Masochist form
  • Captivate Bipolar enemies using the Bipolar form
  • Captivate Graceful enemies using the Graceful form
  • Captivate Ditz enemies using the Ditz form
  • Captivate Hyper enemies using the Hyper form
  • Captivate Terse enemies using the Terse form

Item captivate

• Ego charms Bipolar and vice versa
  • Sadist charms Terse and vice versa
  • Masochist charms Graceful and vice versa
  • Ditz charms Hyper and vice versa

Hate realtionships:

• Ego hates Graceful and vice versa
  • Sadist hates Masochist and vice versa
  • Bipolar hates Ditz and vice versa
  • Hyper hates Terse and vice versa
Edited by NanaCheese94
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NanaCheese94 said:

That's correct, item capture is much better as it gives you Max shampuru AND all items that can be dropped (definitely use it to farm sun goddess medals on the final mugen souls redux challange), but a little less easy to remember the affinity relationships in my oppinion because they are not so logic.

I have the list of the relationships in my guide, but for convenience here they are again:

Wait, it gives you max Shampurus too? I know it gives you a boost, but I thought Peoning them gave you the max... damn, it that's the case I should've been using Item Captivate the whole game. ? Oh well, I doubt I missed out on much, most of the normal game I just nuked the field with the "Grand Lion" skill. :P 

& yeah, I've had to go back & check which affinity triggers what more than once. I think I about have it memorized now though. xD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

Yep, only in that thread I quoted the information in the OP, which ended in a mess. This will hopefully be a lot clearer.

Also, added it.

49 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Normal captivate

• Captivate Ego enemies using the Ego form
  • Captivate Sadist enemies using the Sadist form
  • Captivate Masochist enemies using the Masochist form
  • Captivate Bipolar enemies using the Bipolar form
  • Captivate Graceful enemies using the Graceful form
  • Captivate Ditz enemies using the Ditz form
  • Captivate Hyper enemies using the Hyper form
  • Captivate Terse enemies using the Terse form

Item captivate

• Ego charms Bipolar and vice versa
  • Sadist charms Terse and vice versa
  • Masochist charms Graceful and vice versa
  • Ditz charms Hyper and vice versa

Hate realtionships:

• Ego hates Graceful and vice versa
  • Sadist hates Masochist and vice versa
  • Bipolar hates Ditz and vice versa
  • Hyper hates Terse and vice versa

Added this to the OP too. I'm surprised Sadist and Masochist hate each other. Thought those would get along splendidly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Masamune said:

Wait, it gives you max Shampurus too? I know it gives you a boost, but I thought Peoning them gave you the max... damn, it that's the case I should've been using Item Captivate the whole game. 1f605.png Oh well, I doubt I missed out on much, most of the normal game I just nuked the field with the "Grand Lion" skill. :P 

& yeah, I've had to go back & check which affinity triggers what more than once. I think I about have it memorized now though. xD 

36 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I haven't been using item captivate, and now know I should of done that all along.  Thanks for the reminder!

Don't quote me on this, but when I played the game I had the feeling that item captivate was more finicky and sometimes a little more unfair (percentage wise) than the normal captivate.

Honestly, I also only used it for one thing, and that was getting Sun goddess Medals.

Just now, NanaCheese94 said:

Don't quote me on this, but when I played the game I had the feeling that item captivate was more finicky and sometimes a little more unfair (percentage wise) than the normal captivate.

Honestly, I also only used it for one thing, and that was getting Sun goddess Medals.

It seemed hit and miss for me on the item captivate.  Maybe I just wasn't charming :awesome: or something.  Peon captivate, well there wasn't a problem.  But I will try again and see what I was doing wrong.