Let's Play Mugen Souls & Mugen Souls Z

I made some pretty good progress the last couple days (didn't get much sleep last night :P ), I haven't even hit 50 hours yet, & this is all I have left to do: 

• You reached level 9,999. (Current: 7,310)
  • Your Charm level exceeded 50%. (Current: 42%)
  • You obtained every type of shampuru. (Missing: 1)
  • You obtained every single G-Part. (Missing: 10)
  • You cleared a specific Ultimate Absurdity World. (Cleared a couple fights by abusing reverse damage effects, still a bit too weak though)
  • You activated Damage Carnival with everything unlocked. (Unlocked, just not strong enough yet)
  • You achieved an "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" sized Ultimate Soul. (Need 500,000,000 HP/SP for G-Castle, currently around 50,000,000)

1 hour ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Don't quote me on this, but when I played the game I had the feeling that item captivate was more finicky and sometimes a little more unfair (percentage wise) than the normal captivate.

Honestly, I also only used it for one thing, and that was getting Sun goddess Medals.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. ? Usually I'll just pick whatever affinity has the highest charm Lv when deciding if I want to peon or item a crystal (picking the lower usually just ends up pissing it off). xD 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I made some pretty good progress the last couple days (didn't get much sleep last night :P ), I haven't even hit 50 hours yet, & this is all I have left to do: 

• You reached level 9,999. (Current: 7,310)
  • Your Charm level exceeded 50%. (Current: 42%)
  • You obtained every type of shampuru. (Missing: 1)
  • You obtained every single G-Part. (Missing: 10)
  • You cleared a specific Ultimate Absurdity World. (Cleared a couple fights by abusing reverse damage effects, still a bit too weak though)
  • You activated Damage Carnival with everything unlocked. (Unlocked, just not strong enough yet)
  • You achieved an "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" sized Ultimate Soul. (Need 500,000,000 HP/SP for G-Castle, currently around 50,000,000)

As someone who hasn't played the game yet, that sounds like a lot :blink: .

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

As someone who hasn't played the game yet, that sounds like a lot :blink: .

The main thing is the "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" one, I should get just about everything else while working on that. Basically it's just Shampuru farming, & you can get a decent amount from the Redux battles (that's probably where I did most of my farming last time too), it's still nowhere near as long as the first's grind though. :P 

That reminds me, I still need to buy the last Shampuru upgrade from the Ticket Shop (that's a 25% boost, 100% total). 

3 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

That's correct, item capture is much better as it gives you Max shampuru AND all items that can be dropped (definitely use it to farm sun goddess medals on the final mugen souls redux challange), but a little less easy to remember the affinity relationships in my oppinion because they are not so logic.

I have the list of the relationships in my guide, but for convenience here they are again:

Item Captivate does NOT give you maximum Shampuru.  Here's the relevant breakdown:

• Killing an enemy normally gives 1x the normal Shampuru amount.
  • Item Captivating an enemy gives 2x the normal Shampuru amount.  But it also guarantees you that enemy's drop, which makes it effective for material farming.
  • Killing an enemy after you've Frenzied them gives 3x the normal Shampuru amount.
  • Moe Captivating an enemy gives 5x the normal Shampuru amount.

And Item Captivating or Moe Captivating the Large Crystal will do the same to all non-Frenzied enemies left on the map.

• Like 2

Mugen souls is currently in my ps3 so you can add. Had to start over because my ps3 had a HDD failure 3 years ago with mu save in it.

Currently starting chapter 4. Target aimed a 10 hours a week of this. Might switch between this and my disgaea 3 game when i get into the grindy part though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maitre said:

Mugen souls is currently in my ps3 so you can add. Had to start over because my ps3 had a HDD failure 3 years ago with mu save in it.

Currently starting chapter 4. Target aimed a 10 hours a week of this. Might switch between this and my disgaea 3 game when i get into the grindy part though.

Damn that sucks. I lost quite some save files too when my first PS3 got a YLOD. Welcome to the event and have fun :D .

13 hours ago, acasser said:

Item Captivate does NOT give you maximum Shampuru.  Here's the relevant breakdown:

• Killing an enemy normally gives 1x the normal Shampuru amount.
  • Item Captivating an enemy gives 2x the normal Shampuru amount.  But it also guarantees you that enemy's drop, which makes it effective for material farming.
  • Killing an enemy after you've Frenzied them gives 3x the normal Shampuru amount.
  • Moe Captivating an enemy gives 5x the normal Shampuru amount.

And Item Captivating or Moe Captivating the Large Crystal will do the same to all non-Frenzied enemies left on the map.

my bad, i thought 2x shampuru is already the max. I didn't realize captivating actually gives 5x the shampuru.

This is about Mugen Souls Z though, right?

my bad, i thought 2x shampuru is already the max. I didn't realize captivating actually gives 5x the shampuru.

According to the wiki, yeah. http://mugen-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Captivate It's the same for the original too though.

Edited by Masamune

The numbers I've cited apply to both.  It's probably more relevant to the original because the Shampuru grind is much more exhaustive in that title -- you need to farm 9999 of almost every variety in the original for the final trophy, whereas you don't need nearly so many Shampuru for trophies in the sequel.

I forgot how annoying getting all the G-Castle parts are. :P But I'm only missing 2 parts now, I just need 3 pieces of Mythril (which is pretty much 3 full runs of Mugen Field).

My Charm level also just hit 50%, I did a few of the "Peon Rebellion!" fights (Ultimate Absurdity World) & was getting 150 of each tier 15 Shampuru a round (Charm goes up about a % every 1 or 2 fights). Only problem is that it requires a bit of luck to clear (the little bastards can still wipe me out, & my DEF/MND is 80-90 million). ?

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

came across my first freeze in Mugen Souls loading into the 6th world. Thankfully I literally saved 2 minutes before so nothing lost.

Currently started on my 3rd playthrough. 

That sucks, good thing you didn't lose a lot of progress. Be sure to back up the save file once in a while just in case. Sounds like you're going through the game at a fast pace.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That sucks, good thing you didn't lose a lot of progress. Be sure to back up the save file once in a while just in case. Sounds like you're going through the game at a fast pace.

Yeah, I'm text skipping and just doing play through after play through gettng 300% in all continents until I get enough charm for the true ending.

• Like 4

[Mugen Souls Z] All I have left is to reach an "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" sized Ultimate Soul, & I'm about half done with the grinding now (current playtime is 61 hours). I farmed the "Selfina's Challenge" battle & maxed out my Happy shampuru, I'll probably do "Godly Training 2" to finish of the R. Shampuru (they're around 5K). I'm focusing on the special shampurus first since it seemed like they were increasing my ship's stats faster than the normal tier 15 ones from "Peon Rebellion". :hmm: 

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Mugen Souls can be speed ran extremely quick, I must've done at least a dozen playthroughs (sometimes 2 or more a day) just to rack up the shampurus from the bosses. ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Masamune said:

[Mugen Souls Z] All I have left is to reach an "Intergalactic Chou-Chou" sized Ultimate Soul, & I'm about half done with the grinding now (current playtime is 61 hours). I farmed the "Selfina's Challenge" battle & maxed out my Happy shampuru, I'll probably do "Godly Training 2" to finish of the R. Shampuru (they're around 5K). I'm focusing on the special shampurus first since it seemed like they were increasing my ship's stats faster than the normal tier 15 ones from "Peon Rebellion". :hmm: 

Mugen Souls can be speed ran extremely quick, I must've done at least a dozen playthroughs (sometimes 2 or more a day) just to rack up the shampurus from the bosses. 1f605.png

Nice, congrats :yay: . Think you can plat it under 100 hours?

How long does a speedrun take?

My luck trying to charm large crystals today has sucked... ? It was going great the last couple days, but today it's been like a 20% success rate, that damn frenzy gauge keeps jumping up twice as fast (making the fight unwinnable). It's not like my charm levels have been fluctuating either, they've all been staying even ever since I started farming (current: 61%). ?

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . Think you can plat it under 100 hours?

How long does a speedrun take?

Oh yeah, the first time I platted this game my time was around 102 hours, & that was when I was waiting for the freezing glitch to be patched, so I was just messing around in the game to kill some time. :P I think it should be under 70 hours. :hmm: I do hope my luck improves though, if this keeps up, it's going to take me a week just to finish that. ?

It's been a while since I played the original, but it can probably be done in just a few hours (skipping cutscenes/battle effects), I know I did more than one a day while grinding shampurus before (which gets incredibly old). ?

1 hour ago, Masamune said:

My luck trying to charm large crystals today has sucked... 1f611.png It was going great the last couple days, but today it's been like a 20% success rate, that damn frenzy gauge keeps jumping up twice as fast (making the fight unwinnable). It's not like my charm levels have been fluctuating either, they've all been staying even ever since I started farming (current: 61%). 1f616.png

[Mugen Souls Z] Okay, I think I may've just found out something. I read somewhere that a crystal's HP may have something to do with how much the frenzy gauge goes up, so I started testing it... all I did was take off 1 or 2 HP from each crystal & I've managed to peon 9 out the the last 10 I tried. :facepalm: So it definitely seems like it's working (either that, or lady luck is a sadist that loves screwing with me ?), however I don't know if reducing it's HP more will increase the effect or not, it may just have extra resistance at 100%? :hmm: 

It does make since though, because when I wasn't having a problem before, I was blasting the crystal closer to my group at the beginning of battle (thus reducing it's HP by a slither), & today I was mostly just running up to it with Syrma instead (since I can take the damage a little better). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Masamune said:

Oh yeah, the first time I platted this game my time was around 102 hours, & that was when I was waiting for the freezing glitch to be patched, so I was just messing around in the game to kill some time. :P I think it should be under 70 hours. :hmm: I do hope my luck improves though, if this keeps up, it's going to take me a week just to finish that. 1f611.png

It's been a while since I played the original, but it can probably be done in just a few hours (skipping cutscenes/battle effects), I know I did more than one a day while grinding shampurus before (which gets incredibly old). 1f605.png

Good luck, you might be the first person who completes a game during this event.

A few hours doesn't sound so bad.

7 hours ago, Masamune said:

[Mugen Souls Z] Okay, I think I may've just found out something. I read somewhere that a crystal's HP may have something to do with how much the frenzy gauge goes up, so I started testing it... all I did was take off 1 or 2 HP from each crystal & I've managed to peon 9 out the the last 10 I tried. :facepalm: So it definitely seems like it's working (either that, or lady luck is a sadist that loves screwing with me 1f610.png), however I don't know if reducing it's HP more will increase the effect or not, it may just have extra resistance at 100%? :hmm: 

It does make since though, because when I wasn't having a problem before, I was blasting the crystal closer to my group at the beginning of battle (thus reducing it's HP by a slither), & today I was mostly just running up to it with Syrma instead (since I can take the damage a little better). 

Nice, I'll add this to the OP.

• Like 1