What's this game like?

This is it's 1 of the Wipeout clones that were released after the studio closed down (I believe there are 3 of those games, this one, Redout, and Formula Fusion, only this last one isn't on PS4 yet).

I think it's mainly sold as a VR game, since I found little contentoutside of it..

Also, since there are 2 trophies at 0% on PSNP (0.1% on PSN) after all this time, the grind to 100% this, should be insane.. or the fact that no one is playing online is the main reason for the rarity of those 2 trophies..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

You can see on the leaderboards how much experience people have.

The first person has 9211 experience. They're probably the one with the level 30 trophy.

The third person has 1878 experience, and they aren't level 20 yet.

It's hard to get an idea of how long it'll take based on what I played.

I got 35 experience for winning the first championship in career mode, which was 3 or 4 events long.

For winning a single 3 minute long race, I got 7 experience. So if you repeated that over and over, it'd take 64 hours to reach 9000 experience. Experience could get better in the higher tier career modes, or level 30 could be earned before 9000.

I tried to find a method of rubberbanding it, but you don't get any experience unless you win.

Also the best ship seems to be unlocked by getting level 2 in multiplayer. I imagine it wouldn't take long if you actually managed to find somebody. The first hot lap event seemed rather strict even with the second fastest ship, so if the servers ever go down it could get a bump in difficulty.

It's nothing like Wipeout or Redout, though. The only similarities are the floaty ship things you're driving.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I noticed the rarity of most of the trophies was very high and wasn't sure if that was due to the game being an extreme grind, very difficult or if it was just a really bad game that most people didn't play it beyond a few races.

I'm still deliberating over it but those figures make it sound like it might be too much effort than it's worth. I might be best to get a copy of Redout instead, as that seems to be closer to Wipeout than this. Ideally, this might be a game that'd be good to get on PS+. I've seen some other games on sale that I want more than this so I will probably end up passing on it in the end.

Unless anyone can really recommend it and tell me it's amazing :awesome: I don't have VR either so might be missing out there..