Red Dead Redemption Gets Native 4K Update on Xbox One X

Ghost

In addition to Red Dead Redemption, a few other games have Xbox One X enhancements as of today as well. Darksiders, Gears of War 2, Portal 2, Sonic Generations, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed all look a little sharper.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Kratos

Am I the only one who doesn't care about native 4K?

ย 

I don't see the point in trying to push 4K on older games like Red Dead Redemption and Sonic Generations. They were just fine originally.

ย 

I would be more happy with a Red Dead Redemption remaster with actual good servers, rather than the godawful mess they have turned into on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3.

• Like 2

Woe thats amazing. Who needs remasters! When you can just make a game look better! They should just...repackage old games and sell them again.

I am so jealous of Xbox One X for this feature alone. I think it's reallyย cool that not only can you play games from older generations for free if you already own them, but they're improved in the form of better frame rates or resolution. Microsoft doesn't get enough credit for such a consumer-friendly move. Meanwhile on PlayStation, we get barebones remasters and PS Now. Yay...ย <_<

ย 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I am so jealous of Xbox One X for this feature alone. I think it's reallyย cool that not only can you play games from older generations for free if you already own them, but they're improved in the form of better frame rates or resolution. Microsoft doesn't get enough credit for such a consumer-friendly move. Meanwhile on PlayStation, we get barebones remasters and PS Now. Yay...ย <_<

ย 

ย 

The fact is Sony is far ahead in the console race.

ย 

Neither Microsoft nor Nintendo come close to the sales and overall reception Sony has gotten with the Playstation 4.

ย 

I very much think Microsoft is starting to get a little desperate and therefore they are trying to add additions like this that appease an audience who cares.

ย 

Sony doesn't care because they have the numbers. They can shut down PSN for an entire week, thousands of people will bitch and complain but they will still have the big playerbase once it's all done and over with.

ย 

Back when they were the underdog early on in the PS3/360 generation, they weren't pulling dick moves like barebones remasters and having PS Now. As a matter of fact the first model PS3 supported backwards compatibility, which meant you could pop in and enjoy Grand Theft Auto San Andreas if you wanted to.

ย 

There were no trophies, but that didn't matter because Sony did not have trophies back in 2006 - 2007.

ย 

Today they're pissing over their loyal fanbase, some of whom have supported Sony for many years. They're making all this money and yet they still can't provide a decent service. I've had a number of issues with Playstation Network over the past two years and looking at all the complaints I've seen, I am far from alone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On โ€Ž12โ€Ž/โ€Ž04โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 0:43 AM, Undead Wolf said:

ย 

I have been falling out of love with Sony for a while now and my head keeps on getting turned towards a XB1X for quite a few reasons, however the main reason why I am still on Sony's platforms is the software until MS offers more games that I want to play I can't invest that amount of cash into them.

ย 

Not interested in Forza, Halo or Gears... and those are pretty much what the XB1 is all about sadly.

ย 

PS: I created JapanimeGamer on Xbox years ago in anticipation... alas.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

6 minutes ago, JapanimeGamer said:

I have been falling out of love with Sony for a while now and my head keeps on getting turned towards a XB1X for quite a few reasons, however the main reason why I am still on Sony's platforms is the software until MS offers more games that I want to play I can't invest that amount of cash into them.

ย 

Not interested in Forza, Halo or Gears... and those are pretty much what the XB1 is all about sadly.

ย 

PS: I created JapanimeGamer on Xbox years ago in anticipation... alas.

ย 

Yeah, no matter how much I applaud Microsoft for their backwards compatibility program, their lineup of games on Xbox pales in comparison to PlayStation, especially as someone who loves Japanese games. They really dropped the ball on that front. Microsoft are doing some good things and have done well to recover from the disaster that was the Xbox One launch, but they come up short where it really matters, and that's the games. I have issues with some of Sony's decisions, but they haveย the best platform out there by far, at least in my opinion. I played on Xbox 360 for the majority of last generation and I have no regrets about switching back to PlayStation.

• Like 1

Me too. I owned an Xbox 360 for 9 years in total and only abandoned it 2 years ago when FFXI (Final fantasy online) was dropped by SE for the X360 after having spent over ยฃ1000 in subscription fees and many many thousands of hours playing it.ย  Level 99 Dancer from Asura R.I.P

ย 

Periodically I weigh up the +/- for both MS and Sony consoles to see if its time to shift back, but at the moment it's not really worth it for me.

ย 

I don't even know if Shenmue III would come out on XB1 (it probably will in 2020) but that's not guaranteed and this is a major issue for me.

ย 

Really interested in PubG to be honest, looks amazing to watch on you tube, and now I own a 4k TV it really is turning my head again.

ย 

I currently own:

ย 

PS Vita (rarely gets used)ย 

PS3 (rarely gets used)

PS4 (Using it at the moment to finish up PSO2)

PSVR V2 (used it for maybe 1hr in total since buying the V2 a month ago)

ย 

I am a little bored with gaming at the moment tbh.

ย 

ย 

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vytautas20 said:

Recently replayed RDR with dlc and absolutely fine on PS3

With respect yes RDR will still be fine as it always was on PS3.

ย 

However on XB1X it is now in 4k and from the videos I have watched of it it looks incredible and much better than originally and for this MS should be applauded for at least trying to do something better for us gamers who have the TV's / monitors that will take advantage of it.