God of War Review Thread

Valyrious

57 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

... because these games are not about the stories. They are about 100 hit combos, crazy-scale fights, awesome graphical showpieces, quick-time-event-boning, blood, guts and shouting.

I have to disagree with you on that one. These games aren’t just about that, I think they are mainly popular because of the setting they are in. Greek mythology, legends. It’s so great because you can fight/interact with these characters and see their fates/stories almost exactly like in some books. It’s almost like an interactive book for me, same as Dante’s Inferno, although some things are changed of course. 

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lowlliet said:

I have to disagree with you on that one. These games aren’t just about that, I think they are mainly popular because of the setting they are in. Greek mythology, legends.

Yeah, have to admit here I played GOW games for the setting, and the setting alone.

6 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

It`s a masterpiece, what else to say?

It`s just a shame about the trophies though. It`s an easy plat & no difficulty trophies. I hoped it would be at least very rare in terms of rarity.

Does it really matter? Horizon is one of the best trophy lists out there and it currently sits at almost 35% rarity on PSNP and 7% on PSN. Let's just enjoy a great trophy list and a great game without having to worry if a lot of people can enjoy the platinum difficulty.

3 hours ago, madbuk said:

You can't be serious with this shit, surely?

How good to know someone's true colours! When great games, like Uncharted or The Last of Us, that have served as models for so many other games and developers, have great reviews, you have no hesitation in saying that reviews can be bought, just because you don't like these games, but when someone says that reviews are being bought for a game/series that you like, you also don't hesitate in calling this opinion "shit". How much hypocrisy and double standards...

The Last of Us and Uncharted forever!

tlou_reviews.jpg

• Like 2

Someone said why people would be concerned about spoilers...

Umm... You can be spoiled of the game with ONE screenshot. I'm not even kidding. Sony has done an amazing job withholding a lot of information about the game from people. Just a screenshot of one of the gods you fight in this game would piss a lot of people off. I can guarantee you that.

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

Does it really matter? Horizon is one of the best trophy lists out there and it currently sits at almost 35% rarity on PSNP and 7% on PSN. Let's just enjoy a great trophy list and a great game without having to worry if a lot of people can enjoy the platinum difficulty.

Of course it doesn’t. I was just hoping it would have it when they put so much effort of making it much more difficult on the highest setting with different enemy attacks & placement. 

Of course I will still enjoy it like hell and play it non-stop but It’s a shame. I’ve got no motivation to play it on the highest difficulty now. 

• Like 1

I just cannot stand God of War. Horrible characters in a meandering plot, just an overall misuse of the goldmine that is Greek Mythology. And the button-mashing combat was laughably dull coming off of the technical brilliance of 2004’s Ninja Gaiden. God of War has just been a series to groan on about from a distance, grumbling about its continued existence and appeal to angsty, brooding machismo.

When they announced this new God of War, I just took it as another sign that Sony didn’t care about creating exclusive first-party IP I cared bout anymore. Just another cinematic adventure building off of the Uncharted formula, this time with a hack and slash twist. No thanks.

I don’t read reviews for things I care about. Not until I’ve experienced what’s been reviewed for myself, then it’s fun to compare perspectives. But I always jump in headfirst for reviews of things I just don’t have any interest in, and so with God of War ... wow.

It’s easy to get a feel for why I still probably wouldn’t like so many even well-reviewed games these days, but God of War reviews are hitting all the right notes to make me actually want to play it for myself. So yay.

Never played a God of War game before but I will pick this one. Looks amazing! I've been waiting for it's release since it's announcement at E3 2016, along with Spider Man. Positive reviews aside, for me doesn't matter I was going to buy it anyway.

Edited by PhantomBlade19

Face the facts, God of War is awesome and everything else is poop!

I'm so fucking pumped. I don't give a shit anymore roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr.

bwahaha

Got that Stonemason edition preordered cuz I'm rich biatch. Enjoy your ramen  and mayonaise and your rent inflationz!

DqORsPw.jpg

Edited by Leaderboards
8===============D -------------- Stevieboy's face

3 hours ago, Carol said:

How good to know someone's true colours! When great games, like Uncharted or The Last of Us, that have served as models for so many other games and developers, have great reviews, you have no hesitation in saying that reviews can be bought, just because you don't like these games, but when someone says that reviews are being bought for a game/series that you like, you also don't hesitate in calling this opinion "shit". How much hypocrisy and double standards...

The Last of Us and Uncharted forever!

tlou_reviews.jpg

Naughty Dog reviews aren't necessarily bought, they're twisted. Naughty Dog's marketing is top notch and the hype alone is what causes them to be so renowned. I guess marketing budget could maybe be classed as bought? I wouldn't class it as that tho.

Without even trying it I can see the effort put in it. 

And it probably deserves to be called a Masterpiece.

But for me it's not a GOW game, it's a game inspired in that world. 

With the removal of jump button to benefit a totally different perspective of the game and the inclusion of a partner to comboed your moves it's enough prove of that for me. And I'm not going to go deep in the I loved the constant Kratos Berserk mode lol.

I'll buy it later though

I hope all of you enjoyed it  :)

27 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Don't know why people are arguing about other game scores on this thread but anyone that says naughty dog games only get good scores because of marketing or money clearly don't know much about games. But regardless this thread should should only be about the masterpiece that is god of war.

Nobody should be arguing lol.

Santa Monica and Naughty Dog are both owned by Sony lol. Playstation users are winners >:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zondares said:

I just cannot stand God of War. Horrible characters in a meandering plot, just an overall misuse of the goldmine that is Greek Mythology. And the button-mashing combat was laughably dull coming off of the technical brilliance of 2004’s Ninja Gaiden. God of War has just been a series to groan on about from a distance, grumbling about its continued existence and appeal to angsty, brooding machismo.

When they announced this new God of War, I just took it as another sign that Sony didn’t care about creating exclusive first-party IP I cared bout anymore. Just another cinematic adventure building off of the Uncharted formula, this time with a hack and slash twist. No thanks.

I don’t read reviews for things I care about. Not until I’ve experienced what’s been reviewed for myself, then it’s fun to compare perspectives. But I always jump in headfirst for reviews of things I just don’t have any interest in, and so with God of War ... wow.

It’s easy to get a feel for why I still probably wouldn’t like so many even well-reviewed games these days, but God of War reviews are hitting all the right notes to make me actually want to play it for myself. So yay.

I get that this is your opinion, and you're completely welcome to your opinion. 

However, I can't help but laugh at it. You like what you like, man. You don't have to like something because everybody else does. There's loads of games that have been critically received that I haven't enjoyed. It's all a matter of what interests us.z

While I agree that I don't read reviews about things I am going to buy anyway, a lot of people find reviews informative to make that final decision. And while at the same time, nobody wants to see the game that they feel so strongly about, get Mass Effect Andromeda'd.

• Like 1

I'm glad the game seems good.

Of course calling this game a 10/10 is kind of ridiculous. Not because it's a GoW game, but because no game deserves a 10/10.

To say a game is a 10/10 would mean it's perfect and no matter how good a game is, it will never be perfect.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

I'm glad the game seems good.

Of course calling this game a 10/10 is kind of ridiculous. Not because it's a GoW game, but because no game deserves a 10/10.

To say a game is a 10/10 would mean it's perfect and no matter how good a game is, it will never be perfect.

Actually it's not ridiculous at all. It doesn't mean a game is perfect just that it's a masterpiece that should not be missed that's why very few games get this kinda praise.

• Like 1