NHL Stanley Cup Discussion 2018

Teslacron_Prime

Title says it all.. Can the Pittsburgh Penguins win three straight Stanley Cups in the modern era??

If not who do you see going all the way? Jets, Preds? Blackhawks (snicker) >:)

Personally I'd love to see Vegas vs. Pittsburgh, game 7, Overtime..
The Fleury vs. Murry mania would probably burn down my city though..

Worth the risk, that's my pick for the Bracket Challenge x)

(#Putyoursticksout #Broncosforever)

4 minutes ago, Teslacron_Prime said:

So.. that's a no? <grin>

I watched that game, Jets had a nice showing, Grats on that first franchise playoff victory! ^^ 

:P 

But seriously if Winnipeg can't take it I would like to see the Leafs. Canada hasn't won a stanley cup in 25 years (1993 was the last year) so I think we are due. 

• Like 3

@Dr_Mayus I honestly think the Jets have more of a shot than Leafs. Toronto hasn't sold me on their depth. Whereas Winnipeg has.

49 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

They can, but won't. Tampa/Boston/Toronto/Winnipeg/Nashville are all much better. I can't bear to think that Vegas will win. That would make me very unhappy. 

LOL, why would that make you 'very' unhappy, as in more than just regular unhappy?? xD Neway of the teams you list as better, who do you think is best?

@ nooneinparticular: Thought about renaming this thread to "2018 Stanley Cup Playoff's Discussion".. but alas, didn't - because the title isn't just eye candy. The Penguins are going to win. They can and will. But that isn't just a feeling - everything boils down to social climate, health, tactics and team construction. Thanks to Mike Sullivan, Jim Rutherford and Mario Lemieux; we have all those bases covered.. Later tonight I'll script a more detailed breakdown stating why. Annnnd if we happen to get slaughtered (after playing Philly ofc >;) then you can all rue and I will eat it publicly.. Anyway, talk soon.

• Like 1

Sadly, I think the pens can get the 3-peat they have the personal and experience to go all the way. Definitely the one thing I don't want to see.I would like to see the Caps take the cup, it would be nice for them to beat the Pens and finally get past the second round, but with their goalie situation who knows if they will get past the Blue Jackets. Grubauer is good but will he hold up under pressure? I would also like to see the Preds take on Vegas in the 3rd round because that should be a good series, but Winnpeg is decent enough to knock the Preds out in the second round.

No matter what it's Hockey Playoff Time :yay: history will be made, and I am excited to see how everything unfolds. :popcorn:

Edited by monkeydluffy512

1 hour ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

I would like to see the Caps take the cup, it would be nice for them to beat the Pens and finally get past the second round, but with their goalie situation who knows if they will get past the Blue Jackets. Grubauer is good but will he hold up under pressure?

Honestly if the Caps put out the Jackets they are going to wreck Pittsburgh. I believe their anger and frustration will fuel it. There's only so many straws people can stack, and our quota is full! Goal tending? Yes, an issue, but more an issue than Bobrovsky? not so much xD Kuznetsov twice in 29 seconds?? Yeah, Caps want it lol

I'm a Penguins fan so I have pretty low expectations for this year's playoffs. The win in 2016 was already so spectacular that I'm just enjoying the ride, no matter how it ends, just like last year. I don't think they will three-peat as there are so many good teams this year, Tampa and Boston especially in the east. Besides, winning back to back in a salary cup era is already an amazing accomplishment, so I won't be disappointed at all if they get eliminated.

Of course I'm rooting for them to win it all once again but if it is not meant to be, I would like to see San Jose, Nashville or Winnipeg win it. From the east, I wouldn't mind if Tampa got their second.

2 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

It happened Caps fans, after 20 years Washington finally makes it through to the 3rd round!!!!!!:yay:

While I try to relax from a lot of cheering I'll be watching the Preds/Jets to see if the Jets will finish strong, or allow a game 7.

1-0 so far :(

Jets will pull it around

54 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

It happened Caps fans, after 20 years Washington finally makes it through to the 3rd round!!!!!!:yay:

While I try to relax from a lot of cheering I'll be watching the Preds/Jets to see if the Jets will finish strong, or allow a game 7.

Happy if only that Ovie is no longer for 0-for-Crosby. Would love to see Caps go all the way but would have to cheer against him if the Jets make the final.