Questions about Crown Investigations

KristofferJr

Didn't want to read through 1,200 replies in crown guide to see if this has been answered. When people post their investigations where a crown mob has spawned. Does it have to be the exact same one? Money, Max players, Faints, flourishing, rewards and time? If so, that seems almost impossible to get. 

Based off my very limited experience and what I have read on forums, I think there are two "types" of investigations that have the highest chance for crowns:

1. 15 mins/1 death investigations

2. 3 Monster "Great Hunts"

Please take this with a very big grain of salt as my knowledge is severely limited and I have not really been able to test this with crowns on my own (90% of my crowns have been gained from the event quests)

23 minutes ago, KristofferJr said:

Didn't want to read through 1,200 replies in crown guide to see if this has been answered. When people post their investigations where a crown mob has spawned. Does it have to be the exact same one? Money, Max players, Faints, flourishing, rewards and time? If so, that seems almost impossible to get. 

No, it doesn't matter. The monster sizes are generated at random when they're spawned.

Even if you got the exact same quest as somebody on that thread, there's no guarantee you'll get a crown size monster. At best it's useful for showing what kind of investigations are capable of giving crowns, but it's not really a guide in any sense.

Some people believe there are certain things to look out for that make a crown-sized monster more likely. The most consistent idea I've seen is that investigations that start off with only 3 replays are the ones you should prioritise.

as an all crowns owner and a person who read almost all 1200 posts you've mentioned including the first platters', its all pure RNG.. 

in short, 

1- abuse all crown related events as soon as possible

2- for crown hunting only HR investigations work, never search for LR ones

3- directly delete 8 tries and any tries without a gold award, 

4- it seems the more strict conditions the more probable the said crown to appear, if you are on your lucky day join sos requests

5- as of now, gaming community has gathered enough info about the game, there are wonderful videos about almost all monsters and their measuring, use it to your advantage 

6-when you are run out of investigations, complete the related monster's optional quests again or collect some research point before returning headquarters if you cant find the right size...  you can experience this with dragons

7- most importantly, the game is repetitive but still is fun and try to have fun in the process 

Edited by Darpiom
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

No, it doesn't matter. The monster sizes are generated at random when they're spawned.

Even if you got the exact same quest as somebody on that thread, there's no guarantee you'll get a crown size monster. At best it's useful for showing what kind of investigations are capable of giving crowns, but it's not really a guide in any sense.

Some people believe there are certain things to look out for that make a crown-sized monster more likely. The most consistent idea I've seen is that investigations that start off with only 3 replays are the ones you should prioritise.

Thanks, that's good to know! I thought it was 100% spawn like the event quest "the proving" That you just needed the right investigation. Been spamming the event for crowns, and at the moment i'm only missing elder dragons and kirin/black diablos

7 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

as an all crown owner and a person who read all almost 1200 posts you've mentioned including the first platters', its all pure RNG.. 

in short, 

1- abuse all crown related events as soon as possible

2- for crown hunting only HR investigations work, never search for LR ones

3- directly delete 8 tries or any tries without a gold award, 

4- it seems the more strict conditions the more probable the said crown to appear, if you are on your lucky day join sos requests

5- as of now, gaming community has gathered enough info about the game, there are wonderful videos about almost all monsters and their measuring, use it to your advantage 

6-when you are run out of investigations, complete the related monster's optional quests again or collect some research point before returning headquarters if you cant find the right size...  you can experience this with dragons

7- most importantly, the game is repetitive but still is fun and try to have fun in the process 

Thanks! I will try this. not missing many crowns now. got 200+ hours on it and still loving the game :) 

It's pure rng. The ones with extra modifiers to the quest do seem spawn the crowns more often but you are better off just burning through your any investigation you have. Just at the end of the investigations when you are about to run out, get as many tracks as you can from the creatures so you have new 1s. 

I would recommmend getting as many as you can out of the way with the event quest. Even if you farm 1 monster at time for event, it is still worth it over investigation farming. The only ones you have to worry about are diablos and elders. And screw the elders.