Jump to content

PS5 Release Prediction Thread


Hideoki_AU

Recommended Posts

With all the rumors of a 2018 release floating about I thought it might be fun to get a prediction thread going.  Rules are simple, you need to predict the following and we'll see who got closest when the time finally, gloriously arrives. 

 

Reveal Date:

Release Date:

Name:

Backward Compatible Platforms:

One Launch Title:

One New Unannounced Feature:

One Desired Feature You Won't Get: 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Here's mine

 

Reveal Date:  Tuesday, Feb 11, 2020

Release Date: Thursday, Nov 26th, 2020

Name: PlayStation 5

Backward Compatible Platforms: PS4 only (Makes me sad but I think this will be the case)

One Launch Title: Assassins Creed (Whatever the next one is)

One New Unannounced Feature: Built in Wireless VR connection (Newly designed headset and controllers not included)

One Desired Feature You Won't Get: Backwards compatibility with all other PS systems, trophy support included.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this really already a thing? Doesn't seem like the PS4 is that old, and there definitely doesn't seem to be much of a leap in technology necessitating a new console.

 

I'd be more willing to bet we'll get another upgraded PS4, instead of a straight up PS5. Something like the "new" 3DS did. Where you'll need the new console to play some games, but most will still work with the old ones. They may also stop supporting the original PS4, so that people have to at least get a Pro. Mainly to enable all games to be 4k compatible. Which will likely be their hook, that all games are now 4k.

 

Still, I'll play, haha.

 

Reveal Date: June 2019 (whenever E3 lands next year)

Release Date: November 2019

Name: PS4K

Backward Compatible Platforms: PS4

One Launch Title: Horizon Zero Dawn 2

One New Unannounced Feature: Wireless controller charging

One Desired Feature You Won't Get: Full backwards compatibility

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit too early to start thinking about this. Says someone that only owns a PS3 at the moment. ?

 

Gonna throw a prediction just for fun.

 

- Reveal Date: 2nd Quarter of 2020

- Release Date: 4th Quarter of 2020

- Name: PlayStation 5 (first it will have some space-sounding codename)

- Backward Compatible Platforms: None, all previous games are going to be played through PSNow (Sadly, at least for me...)

- One Launch Title: The next Battlefield or CoD that will be coming out at that moment

- One New Unannounced Feature: They are going to try to make it Hybrid, like the Nintendo Switch.

- One Desired Feature You Won't Get:  Games in physical form, or rather, not that many games will come out as tangible assets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reveal Date: June 2020

Release Date: November 2021

Name: PlayStation 5

Backward Compatible Platforms: None

One Launch Title: New Jak & Daxter Game

One New Unannounced Feature:  None I Can Think of

One Desired Feature You Won't Get: No Disc Drive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Terra said:

Reveal Date: June 2020

Release Date: November 2021

Name: PlayStation 5

Backward Compatible Platforms: None

One Launch Title: New Jak & Daxter Game

One New Unannounced Feature:  None I Can Think of

One Desired Feature You Won't Get: No Disc Drive

-There's already been kinda confirmation that there will be a disk drive. 

 

-Unannounced feature, just in time to read this article! Of course it doesn't have everyone jumping up and down. Or guaranteed.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/13/sony-is-considering-new-psvr-livestreaming-and-mixed-reality-features/amp/

 

Really lol 1 launch title lol! 

Ok I'll make a bet that Kojimas new game will be a launch title for PS5, but that's as far I'm going to go lol

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

-There's already been kinda confirmation that there will be a disk drive. 

 

-Unannounced feature, just in time to read this article! Of course it doesn't have everyone jumping up and down. Or guaranteed.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/13/sony-is-considering-new-psvr-livestreaming-and-mixed-reality-features/amp/

 

Really lol 1 launch title lol! 

Ok I'll make a bet that Kojimas new game will be a launch title for PS5, but that's as far I'm going to go lol

 

Thank god, I was hoping that they wouldn’t go full digital!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Terra said:

Thank god, I was hoping that they wouldn’t go full digital!!

Ya I even thought it was going to be. Won't stop the publishers though doing digital only, it is a lot cheaper. 

But we'll have 1 more generation at least. 

 

I still love this video from Shuehei Yoshida right after the E3 press conference! 

 

 

 

 

Fond memories 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...