Jump to content

Esther Bond Problem


Recommended Posts

Im having trouble getting Esthers bond up, shes asking me to get 2000 gold for her but she wont take the money off me to carry the quest on. Ive got over 3000 gold but nothing happens when i talk to her. And im only talking to her on bond days aswell. Hope its not glitched coz this is my 2nd playthrough and i dont fancy starting again for the third time.

 

EDIT: OK so after some digging around i found out on the steam forums that it was happening to them aswell and that if you give her 4000 it works, but not for me. So i still dont know what to fix it. All i can say is that its a lazy port, containing the same bugs. Plus if your a fan of application errors and at times god awful frame rate you will love this. I know others have unlocked this trophy so i wonder how much they had on them when she advanced the quest would be good to know.

 

Messaged them, its getting a patch early next week.

Edited by BEANO_BRFC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seemed to have discovered the problem that causes Miri quest to glitch, well, hopefully, Ive not tested EVERY single variable, but this seems to be it;

 

During her 2nd Quest (Ancient Stone Circle), u are given a text adventure when u enter the area

 

Now, the first option is just a single choice 'approach the circle', and the 2nd choice provides about 6 options to choose from

 

Everytime it bugged, I had chosen the very bottom option 'leave the Stone Circle alone' 

 

It ends the text adv straight away, but advances the questline fine. 

 

U then report to her when suppose to, u get the cutscene. But then on the next bond she is frozen, for the whole game

 

I had tried again, but choose different options, and then I could bond properly.

 

I hadnt save reloaded and took exactly every route in the text adventure which is why i cant say for sure that its choosing the bottom choice 'leave the stone circle' that bugs it, but for now, seems that way

 

4 times I tested, 1st and 2nd time I choose 'leave stone alone', and she bugged. 3rd time chose different options and she worked fine, and to confirm, 4th reload I chose 'leave stone alone' again and she bugged out again

 

Point im getting at is, do u have a save earlier where u can trial and error and choose different options or perform different actions somewhere in Esthers Questline

 

Maybe if u just do one little thing different, it will fix it......? It worked for Miri

 

 

Anyone else reading this, any questlines regarding personal Bonds, Id advise to save before any points where u could have done something differently. Then if it glitches, just reload and try doing it another way

 

I know, its not ideal, but it is a fun game, despite its flaws, these little problema havent annoyed me too much as the game cna be sped up very fast

 

 

EDIT:

And this is on PS4 now bud, I grabbed it yesterday. Same glitches are present across versions

 

Absolute great port ;)

 

Edited by optimusmart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I seemed to have discovered the problem that causes Miri quest to glitch, well, hopefully, Ive not tested EVERY single variable, but this seems to be it;

 

During her 2nd Quest (Ancient Stone Circle), u are given a text adventure when u enter the area

 

Now, the first option is just a single choice 'approach the circle', and the 2nd choice provides about 6 options to choose from

 

Everytime it bugged, I had chosen the very bottom option 'leave the Stone Circle alone' 

 

It ends the text adv straight away, but advances the questline fine. 

 

U then report to her when suppose to, u get the cutscene. But then on the next bond she is frozen, for the whole game

 

I had tried again, but choose different options, and then I could bond properly.

 

I hadnt save reloaded and took exactly every route in the text adventure which is why i cant say for sure that its choosing the bottom choice 'leave the stone circle' that bugs it, but for now, seems that way

 

4 times I tested, 1st and 2nd time I choose 'leave stone alone', and she bugged. 3rd time chose different options and she worked fine, and to confirm, 4th reload I chose 'leave stone alone' again and she bugged out again

 

Point im getting at is, do u have a save earlier where u can trial and error and choose different options or perform different actions somewhere in Esthers Questline

 

Maybe if u just do one little thing different, it will fix it......? It worked for Miri

 

 

Anyone else reading this, any questlines regarding personal Bonds, Id advise to save before any points where u could have done something differently. Then if it glitches, just reload and try doing it another way

 

I know, its not ideal, but it is a fun game, despite its flaws, these little problema havent annoyed me too much as the game cna be sped up very fast

 

 

EDIT:

And this is on PS4 now bud, I grabbed it yesterday. Same glitches are present across versions

 

Absolute great port ;)

 

 

I didnt encounter any bugs on Miri at all, only Esther bond wise. Every bond always at least once requires you to do a job for them. Esther just flat out wants 2000 gold off you. If the glitch triggers then when you first give her the gold the screen go's black like with many others but when the screen changes nothing has changed, apart from your money has gone. Other bugs i had at times were in a battle not been able to put my chosen characters on the board so i was forced to put in random placements. The game froze at least 15 times during my time with it, mostly after long battles. You would get awful frame rate drops starting about 10 minutes before the freeze, so you knew it was coming. Got a message off them yesterday, the patch drops for PS4 on 20th April so hopefully it fixes everybodys problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

 

 

I didnt encounter any bugs on Miri at all, only Esther bond wise. Every bond always at least once requires you to do a job for them. Esther just flat out wants 2000 gold off you. If the glitch triggers then when you first give her the gold the screen go's black like with many others but when the screen changes nothing has changed, apart from your money has gone. Other bugs i had at times were in a battle not been able to put my chosen characters on the board so i was forced to put in random placements. The game froze at least 15 times during my time with it, mostly after long battles. You would get awful frame rate drops starting about 10 minutes before the freeze, so you knew it was coming. Got a message off them yesterday, the patch drops for PS4 on 20th April so hopefully it fixes everybodys problems.

 

If im right, then its because u didnt choose the 'leave the circle alone' option during the 2nd set of options

 

If u did, she would have bugged on you

 

 

Although more than this may be causes, for now I am just going to relate to their actual bond progression actions so....... With relation to esther, it may have been anything u did with her up to the point of the bug occurring, could be something as tiny as a dialogue choice u choose during her dialogue scenes

 

Im hoping they fix it, im just not too confident with their track record. With all the evidence on Steam, they dont seem to be very good at pinpointing the actual causes of the glitch. Either that or there are more causes than they find

 

 

I think a lot of the crashes are related to battles, as Ive skipped most battles and have only had a few crashes occur. Probably 2 or 3 duirng the time it has taken to complete

 

 

Im going to go through the whole game on PS4 next few days and get Platinum, so im going to try and keep an eye on things, experiment a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldnvt hold ur breath anyway bud, there are some bloody odd glitches in this

 

I've had a bug where Trophies stopped popping, and load times get laggy when the game has been on a while

 

The Trophies for 50 challenges and completing chapter 3 didnt pop. I turned game off and on, redone chapter 3 end, trophy popped, then did 1 more challenge and trophy popped luckily

 

The game gets pretty bad memory leak, anyone reading this, turn game off and on every few hours. And don't have all your saves maxed, always have one free at least

 

 

Ive just got to chapter 5, about to begin with the Diplomatics. Do u recall Beano, what Diplomatic bonds had Quests for their bonds which required you to enter the dungeons? 

 

Or if they all do, do u recall which 2 had the least??

 

Thanks, im just trying to figure out the optimal way to do them when save reloading to do all 4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Patch is up now, has it fixed it for you?? 

 

Its not fixed Miri bug though

 

Yeah i got mine, although i had to start a new playthrough. I just skipped all battles and speed ran it to chapter 3 when Esther appeared in my town and was fine after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2018 at 10:28 AM, BEANO_BRFC said:

 

 

Yeah i got mine, although i had to start a new playthrough. I just skipped all battles and speed ran it to chapter 3 when Esther appeared in my town and was fine after that.

 

Im hesitant to believe they have even fixed the exact cause of why it specifically glitched for you in the first place

 

They 'apparently' patched something, but since ur route on your final playthrough was different, its hard to tell. 

 

Im hesitant due to what I seen on Steam, this glitch or a one of many it seems, was fixed last year, bit it has still been occurring

 

Plus, I have somw new info on how lazy their glitch troubleshooting team is;

 

The 'craft 25 items' Trophy popped in a unusual place, when I wasnt crafting.... So I investigated, luckily though, my first suspicion was the actual right one:

 

I startes a new game on a fresh user, got the Smithy location unlocked. I then went in and out of the Smithy location 25 times. I hadnt even upgraded Gunthers bond at all

 

The craft 10 regular weapons KQ ticked on 10 entries, and the craft 25 items trophy popped on 25 entries. Byy I had crafted NOTHING

 

The first time, the Trophy popped just after entering the Alchemist so:

 

- just Entering the Alchemist counts as crafting a regular potion/concoction

- just Entering the smithy counts as crafting a regular weapon

- And following the pattern, im assuming just entering the Prospectors safehouse counts as crafting a regular trinket

 

The glitch fixing team their is so lazy, than rather than put the work in to discover a glitch (apparently the craft trophy was glitched on steam), there just changed the coding so entering the area counts as a craft

 

Or, maybe they couldnt diacover the glitch, so provided this to counter it

 

 

 

 

Also, the complete 25 adventures trophy can be missable. Sounds impossible, but dunno whether this is a glitch or not, but some adventures, well most, if tou end them on by just selecring something like, 'walk away' or 'ignore', the adventure ends, but the file doesnt get added to the log. Although, once you do the adventure, you get the 'quests updated' notification, but nothing is actually updated

 

This game is quite buggy, u must be real careful. It has a very bad memory leak as well

 

 

EDIT:

For what its worth though, despite its flaws, they have made a fun little game here and I guess, I donv really blame their decisions in regards to troubleshooting glitches

 

In their situation, think I would do the same, and they are not the first, I will let them off ;)

Edited by optimusmart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/04/2018 at 11:27 AM, optimusmart said:

 

Im hesitant to believe they have even fixed the exact cause of why it specifically glitched for you in the first place

 

They 'apparently' patched something, but since ur route on your final playthrough was different, its hard to tell. 

 

Im hesitant due to what I seen on Steam, this glitch or a one of many it seems, was fixed last year, bit it has still been occurring

 

Plus, I have somw new info on how lazy their glitch troubleshooting team is;

 

The 'craft 25 items' Trophy popped in a unusual place, when I wasnt crafting.... So I investigated, luckily though, my first suspicion was the actual right one:

 

I startes a new game on a fresh user, got the Smithy location unlocked. I then went in and out of the Smithy location 25 times. I hadnt even upgraded Gunthers bond at all

 

The craft 10 regular weapons KQ ticked on 10 entries, and the craft 25 items trophy popped on 25 entries. Byy I had crafted NOTHING

 

The first time, the Trophy popped just after entering the Alchemist so:

 

- just Entering the Alchemist counts as crafting a regular potion/concoction

- just Entering the smithy counts as crafting a regular weapon

- And following the pattern, im assuming just entering the Prospectors safehouse counts as crafting a regular trinket

 

The glitch fixing team their is so lazy, than rather than put the work in to discover a glitch (apparently the craft trophy was glitched on steam), there just changed the coding so entering the area counts as a craft

 

Or, maybe they couldnt diacover the glitch, so provided this to counter it

 

 

 

 

Also, the complete 25 adventures trophy can be missable. Sounds impossible, but dunno whether this is a glitch or not, but some adventures, well most, if tou end them on by just selecring something like, 'walk away' or 'ignore', the adventure ends, but the file doesnt get added to the log. Although, once you do the adventure, you get the 'quests updated' notification, but nothing is actually updated

 

This game is quite buggy, u must be real careful. It has a very bad memory leak as well

 

 

EDIT:

For what its worth though, despite its flaws, they have made a fun little game here and I guess, I donv really blame their decisions in regards to troubleshooting glitches

 

In their situation, think I would do the same, and they are not the first, I will let them off ;)

 

Sad really because in a way they dont even want you to play the game as its intended. walking in and out of a shop x amount of times gets you a trophy. If id of known that id probably of done it. But the biggest one is the battles, leaving every single battle gives you full gold, weapons and even challenges completed. In other RPGs you would of got no reward at all. My first playthrough of the game i fought every battle and read through every conversation and cutscene, but knowing that a bugless run this game can be platted in over just 5 hours is a bit lame. In a weird way im sort of glad it glitched on me when i look back on it, it means i got my moneys worth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...