Hatchet_Girl1990

Hatchet_Girl1990's Dispute

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hatchet_Girl1990

Okami HD

Edit: Reason: Obtained 'Out of the Gate Swinging' for beating the 3 Devil Gates, after getting all stray beads. It is not possible to get all stray beads before the devil gates, as there are 3 stray beads tied to clearing all 3 gates.

I wasn't aware this was impossible to achieve. I earned these trophies 5 years ago on PS3, so it's a little hard to keep memory of how I did it. I have never cheated to earn trophies for games, and have always used guides from this website to help me obtain 100%. I tried to look for the Okami guide on here to check it, but it appears the Okami HD guide was published 2 years ago, and I can't find the original. I know that the beads are numbered, therefore people try to collect in that order. I remember I did more than one playthrough, one to enjoy it, one to get trophies I missed. However, the Devil Gate Trials were sidequests, and I don't recall if players were forced to enter them in any specific order. I could have done them in any order, and found the final bead at the start of a trial before clearing it. Given how very little time is between the trophies that is the only suggestion I can offer.

Edited by Hatchet_Girl1990
Added flag reason

You need to include the reason you were flagged in your opening post. It will list that on your profile

Sorry, my first flag. I just replied in the box that popped up. I'll edit and add the reason now.

Posted (edited)

I think the issue is Leave No Chest Unopened earned before Out of the Gate Swinging.

IIRC Out of the Gate Swinging is for completing the three devil gate trials which rewards you with stray beads 44, 65, 79, so Leave No Chest Unopened (collecting all 100 stray beads) shall be unlocked after.

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

I think the issue is Leave No Chest Unopened earned before Out of the Gate Swinging.

IIRC Out of the Gate Swinging is for completing the three devil gate trials which rewards you with stray beads 44, 65, 79, so Leave No Chest Unopened (collecting all 100 stray beads) shall be unlocked after.

You are correct.  You have to defeat the Gate Trials to get beads so Out the Gate Swinging needs to come first

3 hours ago, Hatchet_Girl1990 said:

Hatchet_Girl1990

Okami HD

Edit: Reason: Obtained 'Out of the Gate Swinging' for beating the 3 Devil Gates, after getting all stray beads. It is not possible to get all stray beads before the devil gates, as there are 3 stray beads tied to clearing all 3 gates.

I wasn't aware this was impossible to achieve. I earned these trophies 5 years ago on PS3, so it's a little hard to keep memory of how I did it. I have never cheated to earn trophies for games, and have always used guides from this website to help me obtain 100%. I tried to look for the Okami guide on here to check it, but it appears the Okami HD guide was published 2 years ago, and I can't find the original. I know that the beads are numbered, therefore people try to collect in that order. I remember I did more than one playthrough, one to enjoy it, one to get trophies I missed. However, the Devil Gate Trials were sidequests, and I don't recall if players were forced to enter them in any specific order. I could have done them in any order, and found the final bead at the start of a trial before clearing it. Given how very little time is between the trophies that is the only suggestion I can offer.

Regardless of if it glitched for you (some games pop trophies in a weird order) or if you used a modified save (which you'd know if you did), chances are this won't be reversed as this is a game a lot of people played and had no issues with it. You can just hide the game to be put back on the leaderboards or you can leave it there but you get removed from the leaderboards. I'm sure people would have looked through your profile already to check if you cheated on anything else by now anyways.

Sorry I played this game years ago myself so I can't remember if there would be anyway to unlock those trophies in a different order.

@MMDE I think I know what this person did and it's 100% legit. Though I can't confirm whether it actually works like this, but it would at least match with the person's story 100% and would seem logical. 

People seem to throw a damn fit anytime you try to defend someone's flag dispute, so let me know if you want me to explain here or PM you. I wanted to consult you first because maybe there was something you saw while researching the flag that made this look illegit.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@MMDE I think I know what this person did and it's 100% legit. Though I can't confirm whether it actually works like this, but it would at least match with the person's story 100% and would seem logical. 

People seem to throw a damn fit anytime you try to defend someone's flag dispute, so let me know if you want me to explain here or PM you. I wanted to consult you first because maybe there was something you saw while researching the flag that made this look illegit.

Just PM me it. Several people was reported for what this person is reported for. I haven't played the game though, but it's on my PS3 HDD. :P 

Edited by MMDE

Just now, MMDE said:

Just PM me it. Several people was reported for what this person is reported for.

Like I said, can't confirm or deny if this works, but maybe someone else can. I'll PM you in a sec.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Since I 100%ed Okami twice on PS2 and got my plat on PS3 I am really intrigued TBH.

@MMDE could you share this "method" if you find it appropriate?

Edit: Ah what the hell... I could even play it again on PS4 to check if it can happen. One of the best games ever made for Sony.

Edited by Smashero

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Se7en said:

What’s the point then in having public disputes, if useless and destructive things (ie mockery) generally are tolerated here, meanwhile someone with a possible valid explanation what could’ve happened to a helpless gamer is shushed and forced to present his position behind closed doors?

The point is that we should make the correct judgement. Would Grave have PM'd me had this not been public? (I haven't received the PM yet)

Edited by MMDE

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The point is that we should make the correct judgement. Would Grave have PM'd me had this not been public? (I haven't received the PM yet)

I PMed you, but the title was under MW2 dispute. I didn't want to create another message. I'll double check to make sure I pressed send. It looks like it went through (I can see it on my end), but I can start a new conversation if need be.

And yeah, I am all about helping people out with disputes if I feel it was incorrect or could possibly be incorrect. If this wasn't public I would have never known. This is a community so we should try to help each other when we can.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I PMed you, but the title was under MW2 dispute. I didn't want to create another message. I'll double check to make sure I pressed send. It looks like it went through (I can see it on my end), but I can start a new conversation if need be.

And yeah, I am all about helping people out with disputes if I feel it was incorrect or could possibly be incorrect. If this wasn't public I would have never known. This is a community so we should try to help each other when we can.

I think I left that conversation a long time ago I think. Should say I left it.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I think I left that conversation a long time ago I think. Should say I left it.

Ok, I'll start a new one and copy and paste... I don't use PM much and didn't even know you could leave conversations.

Good to go. Thanks MMDE.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Okay, I think what @Beyondthegrave07 sent me made sense. The question then remains, do you need to do all 3 demon trials in one playthrough? Or can you get the trophy for doing like 1 or 2 in the first playthrough, and then do the remaining ones in the second playthrough, and have the trophy pop?

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

What’s the point then in having public disputes, if useless and destructive things (ie mockery) generally are tolerated here, meanwhile someone with a possible valid explanation what could’ve happened to a helpless gamer is shushed and forced to present his position behind closed doors?

My guess would be that in a PM, you can organise what you'll present to the public before posting it, it allows for you to make one post that includes everything you want to say instead of multiple posts with pieces of information. But I think someone should just post as much as they know within one post without having to discuss it in a PM, the person who is flagged has it the worst here, so it's better to let them know what you think without keeping information away from them. 

12 minutes ago, Sergen said:

My guess would be that in a PM, you can organise what you'll present to the public before posting it, it allows for you to make one post that includes everything you want to say instead of multiple posts with pieces of information. But I think someone should just post as much as they know within one post without having to discuss it in a PM, the person who is flagged has it the worst here, so it's better to let them know what you think without keeping information away from them. 

I do agree with you here that we do not want to withhold information to the person whose been flagged, but the goal here is to identify whether the flag was correctly flagged or not. As long as we reach that determination, it doesn't really matter how.

I'd prefer to have just openly post it, but I've seen where others have been very... unkind (You can find it in other disputes) when you do that so I asked MMDE whether I should post it here first or to him as he'll ultimately decide if the flag sticks. I don't think people would have bashed me in for this one, but I don't want to derail the topic and have a conversation back and forth of how we should or should not carry out disputes.

OT: MMDE summed it up in a nutshell. If we can prove that the demon trials have to be in one playthrough and the progress doesn't carry over into NG+, the flag will be lifted.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

OT: MMDE summed it up in a nutshell. If we can prove that the demon trials have to be in one playthrough and the progress doesn't carry over into NG+, the flag will be lifted.

I'm pretty sure new game plus in Okami resets all instances, so the game would treat is as you haven't beat any when you start the new game plus. It doesn't carry over stuff like how many gates you would've had in your previous game because you simply gain nothing from just beating all three of the gates other than the treasure chests. Keep in mind this was originally a PS2 game which would make it highly unlikely it would track something like that when theres no purpose.

EDIT: Also this may be subjective, but Okami seems like a weird game to hack considering she's got harder and more time consuming games on her profile that appear legit. As well as so many incomplete games it hardly seems like platting something is a major concern.

Edited by Superbuu3

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

I would rather want to hear what the disputer have to say without it being tainted. What you did in another thread had the exact opposite effect, you tainted the dialogue when they adapted your argument once you brought it up. This just puts shade on the disputer. Was this what happened or did they just adapt it as an excuse once they learned about it?

8 hours ago, Hatchet_Girl1990 said:

I remember I did more than one playthrough, one to enjoy it, one to get trophies I missed.

Her saying this on her own instead of it being offered in the thread makes her case look way better.

Anyway, the point is that if you care about what really happened, you shouldn't explain it for them.

Edited by MMDE

@MMDE Sorry for not saying much during this, but I have been reading the replies. I'm not sure if this is helpful, but from what I have read a lot of things get carried over to a NG+ (http://okami.neoseeker.com/wiki/New_Game_+). I have tried to look for similar incidents to help me, but I've not yet found anything about needing to do the trials in one playthrough. 

Someone told me the game recognizes that you've done the gates or whatever in next playthrough by giving you something else. I guess someone will have to test this. I might do that soon. Not today, nor tomorrow and the game takes a while to beat, but I got it on my PS3.

Posted (edited)

I also have it unplayed if you need a test subject...if you tell me what exactly is required, I can start it in a couple hours...

p.s. I know nothing about the trophies...see what carries over to new game +, is that right?...cole's notes on what I should try to replicate, anyone?...

also not sure if this helps but is quoted from the .org guide :

Just in case you missed something, you can start a New Game+ with your finished game save-file. You will keep pretty much everything except for Sun Fragments collected, Mermaid Coins, both Tablets, the last tier of weapons and some of the techniques. All your treasure, bestiary, animal and fish information will remain, however the Animal Tome will revert to 0% for all species so you can feed them again.

Edited by ProfBambam55

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I also have it unplayed if you need a test subject...if you tell me what exactly is required, I can start it in a couple hours...

p.s. I know nothing about the trophies...see what carries over to new game +, is that right?...cole's notes on what I should try to replicate, anyone?...

also not sure if this helps but is quoted from the .org guide :

Just in case you missed something, you can start a New Game+ with your finished game save-file. You will keep pretty much everything except for Sun Fragments collected, Mermaid Coins, both Tablets, the last tier of weapons and some of the techniques. All your treasure, bestiary, animal and fish information will remain, however the Animal Tome will revert to 0% for all species so you can feed them again.

What you would need to do must be very particular. When you play through the game, you have to beat at least 1 of the 3 demon trials, BUT not all 3. Then, on your second playthrough, you need to fight the one (or two) you missed in the first playthrough FIRST and see if the trophy pops. We essentially need to see if progress for that trophy carries over into NG+. If it does not carry over, then she could have gotten all the stray beads before defeating the last one and hence, get all beads before the 3 demon trials.

You'd have to be careful you don't accidentally fight all 3 and that you at least fight 1 in the first playthrough, but that would be your only restriction. You could play the rest how you like.

The description provided mentions nothing about the progress for this trophy so we'll need to test it. Most people do everything in the first playthrough as there are very very few missables. 

BTW, It's a fantastic game if you never played it!

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

What you would need to do must be very particular. When you play through the game, you have to beat at least 1 of the 3 demon trials, BUT not all 3. Then, on your second playthrough, you need to fight the one (or two) you missed in the first playthrough FIRST and see if the trophy pops. We essentially need to see if progress for that trophy carries over into NG+. If it does not carry over, then she could have gotten all the stray beads before defeating the last one and hence, get all beads before the 3 demon trials.

You'd have to be careful you don't accidentally fight all 3 and that you at least fight 1 in the first playthrough, but that would be your only restriction. You could play the rest how you like.

The description provided mentions nothing about the progress for this trophy so we'll need to test it. Most people do everything in the first playthrough as there are very very few missables. 

BTW, It's a fantastic game if you never played it!

just to confirm...

playthrough 1...complete 2 out of 3 demon trials...attempt to get as many stray beads as possible aside from one that would ideally be before the final demon trial...finish playthrough...

new game plus...complete earning all beads...make sure to complete the same 2 demon trials as playthrough 1...finish third demon trial...

so basically i'm trying to see if the repeated demon trials will drop different beads on ng+ than on playthrough 1...is that correct?...

and also, with several hundred unpIayed games in my collection, I think I have a ton of games that could be considered "fantastic"...what I don't have much of is time...haha...

Edited by ProfBambam55