Trophies Out of Order FYI

I received a message through the Playstation Messenger app yesterday from someone essentially feigning concern for my 100% legitimacy and passive aggressively accusing me of cheating because of a trophy that I received that was apparently out of order from everyone else who earned this trophy. The trophy in question was "Deja Vu". You normally earn this trophy at the very beginning of the game when you have to make a certain choice. I did not earn this trophy at the beginning of the game and I will explain why.

I did not buy the game right away. I originally downloaded the demo. For those who don't know, when you play a demo (or at least when you play the Wolfenstein II demo) you can't earn trophies for the game. So when I played through the wheelchair section of the game (which is all that is included in the demo) I didn't earn "Deja Vu" or "Crippled but Able". At the end of the demo, I was prompted to buy the game to continue, and I did. It kept my save file and I just continued on right from where I left off. I continued to play through the entire campaign, and once I finished, I started a new game to collect "Deja Vu" and Crippled but Able" (again, just to reiterate, because I missed those trophies the first time as I was playing the demo) as well as the other collectible-related trophies I needed for the platinum.

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who might think of reporting these trophies as illegitimate because of the order in which they were earned.

Edited by zellatron89
punctuation
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, zellatron89 said:

I received a message through the Playstation Messenger app yesterday from someone essentially feigning concern for my 100% legitimacy and passive aggressively accusing me of cheating because of a trophy that I received that was apparently out of order from everyone else who earned this trophy. The trophy in question was "Deja Vu". You normally earn this trophy at the very beginning of the game when you have to make a certain choice. I did not earn this trophy at the beginning of the game and I will explain why.

I did not buy the game right away. I originally downloaded the demo. For those who don't know, when you play a demo (or at least when you play the Wolfenstein II demo) you can't earn trophies for the game. So when I played through the wheelchair section of the game (which is all that is included in the demo) I didn't earn "Deja Vu" or "Crippled but Able". At the end of the demo, I was prompted to buy the game to continue, and I did. It kept my save file and I just continued on right from where I left off. I continued to play through the entire campaign, and once I finished, I started a new game to collect "Deja Vu" and Crippled but Able" (again, just to reiterate, because I missed those trophies the first time as I was playing the demo) as well as the other collectible-related trophies I needed for the platinum.

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who might think of reporting these trophies as illegitimate because of the order in which they were earned.

@MMDE This will be your type of post. 

I was actually considering getting the trial for Alice: Madness Returns. On the PlayStation Store website, it says that if you decide to purchase the game after the trial, it will unlock any trophies you earned and keep your saves. If this is true, I could maybe understand trophies popping within seconds of each other where they normally wouldn't, but I don't understand why for some trials they'd unlock trophies and in others they wouldn't. Interested in the outcome as this may make me think twice about getting trial versions... looks like a hot topic if you do a Google search.

If you click on the trial button (only have this option if PS+), you can see the notification for yourself:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-NPUB30545_00-ALICEMADNESSHDD0

4 hours ago, zellatron89 said:

I'm sorry someone was behaving that way towards you. 

I've seen old posts on other websites about how sometimes the demo can pop trophies if you buy the full game and about how sometimes the demo doesn't so you have to redo them. (I think Beyond Good and Evil specifically had a note in the trophy guide about this). If you were flagged, this situation seems easy enough for someone to repeat and confirm it, so I wouldn't worry.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if confirmation is needed, but i can confirm this. I played the Demo just yesterday and then bought the game and continued with my save. At the moment i have only one trophy, and the two zellatron89 has mentioned i would have earned in the demo, but they apparently decided not to unlock them retroactively.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yeh, this has just happened to me as I too played the demo when it came out.

Finally got around to playing the game after putting it off for an age, and when I synced up and looked at the trophy I earned, realised the ‘Deja-Vu’ trophy wasn’t unlocked and having a much higher % earn rate, realised it was either glitched or I had missed the obvious.

I guess i’ll make a backup save and quickly pop it then carry on with my current progress.