What's the holdout on the Silent Hill 4 port to PS4?

maneceel96

They should probably still be there looking for source codes...

The reason SH4 is not in HD collection is because the game was not well received by fans as in previous games. In my opinion SH4 has more value than homecoming and downpour together

• Like 4

I would really like to see a Silent Hill 4 remaster, it wasn't the best one and wasn't even a Silent Hill game to begin with but I did enjoy it. However....

27 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

After their last attempt at a remaster? No thank you.

The job Hijinx done with the Silent Hill HD collection was poor, a load of glitches and if you hadn't played Silent Hill 2 or 3 back on PS2 then your first experience of it playing through the HD collection would have been an unfair representation of the two games. Silent Hill 2 is by far my favourite survival horror game and the HD port was abysmal, so abysmal that the PS2 game actually looks better than the port in my opinion. Just looking at the fog there is no atmosphere on the HD port they screwed it up, it's basically just a line - when you run towards it it's like you're chasing a line. The PS2 fog was a lot better in fact the PS2 just looked a lot better in my opinion it looked grainy and grungy the way Silent Hill games should look. Also after being chased by pyramid head in the hospital it glitched out for me, twice on the HD collection. James loaded in but everything else didn't, just emptiness like the guys who tried to port the game had. Silent Hill 3 didn't fair any better either, no original voices and full of glitches. I noticed more things on 2 than I did 3 as I played 2 to death on my PS2 and the HD port. 

1 minute ago, lynx_1985 said:

The job Hijinx done with the Silent Hill HD collection was poor, a load of glitches and if you hadn't played Silent Hill 2 or 3 back on PS2 then your first experience of it playing through the HD collection would have been an unfair representation of the two games. Silent Hill 2 is by far my favourite survival horror game and the HD port was abysmal, so abysmal that the PS2 game actually looks better than the port in my opinion. Just looking at the fog there is no atmosphere on the HD port they screwed it up, it's basically just a line - when you run towards it it's like you're chasing a line. The PS2 fog was a lot better in fact the PS2 just looked a lot better in my opinion it looked grainy and grungy the way Silent Hill games should look. Also after being chased by pyramid head in the hospital it glitched out for me, twice on the HD collection. James loaded in but everything else didn't, just emptiness like the guys who tried to port the game had. Silent Hill 3 didn't fair any better either, no original voices and full of glitches. I noticed more things on 2 than I did 3 as I played 2 to death on my PS2 and the HD port. 

Yup, it was an absolute shitshow. I love the Silent Hill series, especially 2 and 3, but there's no way I'm touching that HD collection. It makes a mockery of two of the finest survival horror games of all time. Their excuse for how poor it was is that they were given unfinished code to work with, but studios like Bluepoint would have reverse engineered the code on the disc like they've done in the past if they were given the chance to work on it. The worst part is how arrogant Hijinx were since they actually believed they were improving the games.

If anyone wants to play HD versions of these games that actually work and stays true to the originals, get the PC version and install the various community fixes out there.

5 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I heard a lot about HD Collection, but myself I played 2 times on different account and 2 on this, and only problem I ever had was a freeze in Silent Hill 3, one time from four walkthroughs. Overall - not so bad.

If you play through playstation now these freeze problems disappears. at least for me there was no problem on last time

Silent Hill 4 have all the rights to be considered has a Silent Hill game, thanks to Walter Sullivan and the story. The only thing that SH4 differs about the predecessors is the absense of puzzles, the automatic map (that's fine, because Henry remembers everything perfectly) and the limited inventory (10 slots only, but this is also good, because puts another concern to the player). For the rest, is a fantastic chapter.

And yes, it deserve a remaster (a remake would be gorgeous). But Konami doesn't give a shit about there franchises anymore

Edited by APCGrayLocked

6 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Hmm, do you know, does digital Silent Hill 4 from store works in Now?

This game isnt available in ps now. its a shame such as dead space 3 and mass effect 2 that appears in the list but you cannot play. they have withdrawn access

• Like 1

And SHhomecoming doesnt have a trophy list....sign....?

7 hours ago, Cursed Heart said:

This game isnt available in ps now. its a shame such as dead space 3 and mass effect 2 that appears in the list but you cannot play. they have withdrawn access

maybe it has something to do with... the publisher... of those games... Our dear publisher... :facepalm::giggle:

It's all also up to Sony, instead of pushing BC, they made Now service that excluded even from Plus. May be today it looks fair enough, but when PS3 and Vita will be dismissed I guess there must be somehow compensation in different offer, like Now for games you already own for old platforms. 

I bought Silent Hill 4 in Japan store and that was only time I bothered with such operations and if my PS3 will broke - the game will fall into abyss more that it has been putted there by Konami. Like killed more dead. Sad to see the same story of epic title like Vampires the Masquerade, forgotten and broken for forever.

And most tragedy not Silent Hill 4, but Silent Hill 1 - no port, no remaster, no remake, nothing special to have a badge of legendary genre's core concept.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 10:27 PM, BG_painter said:

And SHhomecoming doesnt have a trophy list....sign....1f613.png

Hmmm... I heard PS3 ver is more glitched, but it would've been pretty easy to obtain Plat if 360 was anything to go by.

Even I almost 100% it but got bored lul

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox360/942060-silent-hill-homecoming/achievements

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

I'll never forget that first one when it first came out on the PS1 all them years ago. 

Yeah, first though after playing Resident Evil 1, possibilities are insanely good.

Japanese market needs someone greedy like EA to buy invalided studious.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

Bluepoint games would have done a great job at remastering sh 2,3 and 4.

they've done the remaster/remake for Shadow of the Collosus, and are remastering another great game which is a secret thou, probably metal gear solid 1 as fans think, but imagine them doing Silent Hill 1 remake... mmmm

Edited by Ptirle

32 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

probably metal gear solud 1 as fans think, but imagine them doing Silent Hill 1 remake... mmmm

I forgot about that. A Bluepoint remake of MGS, similar to Shadow of the Colossus, would be amazing.

Have Konami released any PS2 classics on PS4? That's probably the best bet for a HD version of SH The Room.

Since Silent Hill is my favorite game series besides Suikoden (good ol' Konami. What have you become?), I'd love to see all games ported to PS4. While I agree that the PS3 ports for SH2 and SH3 were a technical disaster, I think there's a possibility to do it better with the PS2 to PS4 emulator on PS4. Additionally, I'd be happy about remasters of Homecoming and Downpour or a remake of the first game. 

In the end, I doubt that will ever happen, unfortunately.. One can dream, huh? :P 

Edited by Izul
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, soniq said:

Have Konami released any PS2 classics on PS4? That's probably the best bet for a HD version of SH The Room.

They have not. While I don't much care for Silent Hill, I have been crossing my fingers for some time for a PS2-to-PS4 release of Suikoden III, IV and V. 

But to the OP, give up. Konami is run by baboons now, and will be a zombie soon enough.