Dragooned Trophy Thoughts?

BlindMango

18 hours ago, Dorroile said:

Yeah, Dragoon tends to deliver good games despite bad graphics. It's a shame that most gamers today are more focused on graphics than gameplay, but i guess it makes sense, since the gaming industry has been in a constant graphical arms race since the very beginning

I played Skylight Freerange 2: Gachduine.  I got used to the graphics, but the biggest issue I had was all the curse words strung together.  Horrible flow of dialogue.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:12 PM, Dorroile said:

Getting a platinum is basically something that the devs themselves decide if they want or not, now. So you can blame Sega for Sonic Mania

Interesting, I didn't know that. 
Not that I should be so concerned over trophies but it was something that crossed my mind with certain games. :)

It's impossible to say whether they will be difficult or not, but I would say that clearing 200 levels of an endless dungeon sounds like it could be a pretty stern test in any game.

On 4/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, Dorroile said:

The Skylight Freerange games were more fun that they looked, so i'm betting this is gonna be pretty fun too.

You've mentioned Skylight Freerange a couple of times in this thread. Is this game made by the same people?

One of these days, I'm going to pull the trigger on Skylight Freerange.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's impossible to say whether they will be difficult or not, but I would say that clearing 200 levels of an endless dungeon sounds like it could be a pretty stern test in any game.

You've mentioned Skylight Freerange a couple of times in this thread. Is this game made by the same people?

One of these days, I'm going to pull the trigger on Skylight Freerange.

Yeah, it's the same guy who made all of them. In fact this game features characters from all his previous games, including both Skylight Freerange games.

• Like 1

Okay, so after playing it for a while, my current estimate is that this might be a 7/10 or 8/10 difficulty plat, unless i find some really solid strategies to use. I'm getting my ass handed to me at floor 20 in the Endless Dungeon, and can barely get to 80 kills in Onslaught. I'll probably have to experiment a lot more before i can start working on a trophy guide, since there are a ton of characters and they all have a decent amount of depth to their playstyles - hopefully i can figure out some good ways to make progression in Endless Dungeon a little smoother. On the bright side, i've already figured out a good strategy for one particularly tricky trophy.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:24 PM, Dorroile said:

Okay, so after playing it for a while, my current estimate is that this might be a 7/10 or 8/10 difficulty plat, unless i find some really solid strategies to use. I'm getting my ass handed to me at floor 20 in the Endless Dungeon, and can barely get to 80 kills in Onslaught. I'll probably have to experiment a lot more before i can start working on a trophy guide, since there are a ton of characters and they all have a decent amount of depth to their playstyles - hopefully i can figure out some good ways to make progression in Endless Dungeon a little smoother. On the bright side, i've already figured out a good strategy for one particularly tricky trophy.

Not sure if this will help you for your guide (or anyone else looking at this thread), but For Endless Dungeon I used Craig, Erica, and Thormia.  Had a few problems towards the last 30 levels or so, but I managed.

Onslaught I just used Erica with her Extreme and stayed with her Golem, allowing it do to most of the work.  If there was an enemy on the wrong side of the Golem (the Golem cannot move and only face one direction) that would run towards Erica to attack I would use her Handcannon knockback to put the enemy in front of the Golem. 

(Side note:  Because I do not use the following characters I found a few typos that made it difficult for me to get "Hyperactive" and "It's Really Just That Simple".  On the Reference>Characters screen Zippy's and Space God Traven's square and triangle attacks are reversed.  Not sure if there are any more character references that have typos such as this.)

8 hours ago, MooseSketts said:

Not sure if this will help you for your guide (or anyone else looking at this thread), but For Endless Dungeon I used Craig, Erica, and Thormia.  Had a few problems towards the last 30 levels or so, but I managed.

Onslaught I just used Erica with her Extreme and stayed with her Golem, allowing it do to most of the work.  If there was an enemy on the wrong side of the Golem (the Golem cannot move and only face one direction) that would run towards Erica to attack I would use her Handcannon knockback to put the enemy in front of the Golem. 

(Side note:  Because I do not use the following characters I found a few typos that made it difficult for me to get "Hyperactive" and "It's Really Just That Simple".  On the Reference>Characters screen Zippy's and Space God Traven's square and triangle attacks are reversed.  Not sure if there are any more character references that have typos such as this.)

Those are more or less the same strategies that i ended up using, although i used Sean a lot too. I think i'm gonna peg it as a 6/10 difficulty plat in the guide, since it gets a lot easier when you find the right characters for the job.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Dorroile said:

... Jim Sterling is still making videos? I figured he would have succumbed to diabetes by now, or at least gotten arrested by the fashion police

xD Yes, he is shockingly still around!

• 10 months later...