Issue : What Kind of Dispute Evidence is Acceptable?...

ProfBambam55
By ProfBambam55,
first off, allow me to state that I don't know if this is the correct section of the forums to post and that I don't have much of an opinion on this...i would greatly appreciate if we could refrain from personal attacks and just allow everyone to voice their point of view however unique it may seem...the goal is to avoid derailing disputes every time this topic comes up...   my understanding of the situation : it would seem that in some disputes, a member has information that could cast doubt on whether a flag should stick...these people are being asked to refrain from posting their intel publicly since the disputer could latch onto that excuse and say "that's right...that's what I did", in hopes of having their flag removed even if they actually didn't do anything related to the excuse given...   it would seem that all information proving their guilt is fair game to post but that only information proving their innocence is being let's say "censored"...the logic seems to be that the disputer should be able to prove they didn't cheat without outside help if they in fact didn't cheat...time stamps that are potentially legit might be very similar to those used to unlock trophies that fall into criteria of "cheated" with regards to the leaderboards so it is best to hear the disputer's explanation before providing any sort of potential alibi...they could basically confess to cheating up front so it's best to try to avoid proving their innocence before hearing them out...   the counter-argument seems to be "well, what if that person gets confused or can't remember" and "if there's a possibility that the time stamps are legit, why is there even a flag in the first place?"...if all "negative" intel is fair game, why shouldn't "positive" intel be the same?...intel is intel after all...information that could prove someone's innocence could just be sent to the disputer via private message so it shouldn't matter if it's public or not...is the flag team only interested in branding people as cheaters with this "proven guilty before presuming innocence" style of handling disputes?...   what are your thoughts?...   p.s. i may have misunderstood the reasoning or arguments behind either side so feel free to correct me if inaccurate...i don't intend on getting involved in this topic just create a place for discussion outside of an actual dispute...seems more appropriate in my opinion...cheers...