Penalty system is broken

D1RTIEST

I like the idea of a penalty system but sometimes it really frustrates me.

If you get hit from behind and end up knocking  the driver in front off the track, you get penalised.

If someone carries too much speed and swerves into the racing line and you hit them, you get penalised.

If a yellow flag happens directly in front of you and not overtaking is impossible, you get penalised.

I qualified 8th on the 20 lap race and managed to race my way to 2nd. Approaching a corner I got sandwiched between 1st and 3rd, who was carrying too much speed and used us as a barrier. Not only did I get knocked back and span out, I also got a 10sec penalty for something that I didn't cause.

If you lap someone, they should be ghosted permanently, because I usually find they try and wipe you out for the fun of it.

The racing is so much fun but the dodgy penalty system and childish drivers really wind me up.

Rant over 

• Like 1

I'm too do not understand, race 10 clean races for S rating where few rock'n roll drivers, to be send back to crazy group B by them immediately for working hard to get back to start sequence again. I guess people who enjoy Sport mode in SS group and if you not, let go or die trying.

Special moment when you've been overtaken on tight chicane by ramming that lead you to take accident short cut. 15 seconds penalty. No complains, but I can't stand it.

Yeah, I just started playing Sport mode and noticed how many people will just not let you pass, even if you are clearly going faster than them and should be overtaking them (especially since I start in the back most of the time). 

I also am not sure when people are ghosted either, and I don't want to be that guy and knock someone off the track. Does anyone know how to tell?

12 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I just started playing Sport mode and noticed how many people will just not let you pass, even if you are clearly going faster than them and should be overtaking them (especially since I start in the back most of the time). 

I also am not sure when people are ghosted either, and I don't want to be that guy and knock someone off the track. Does anyone know how to tell?

I'm not 100% sure but I think flashing your lights will show if they are ghosted or not.

• 3 weeks later...