Opening locked doors

DrakeHellsing

These doors that are around, other than the gold and silver ones (silver I assume, finish side quests to get keys to unlock doors), these blue ones.  Are they story related at all? I've only opened up one which was story related, but seen others, like one in the vents, one in the pyramid (which I am going to guess and say that the last organ jar I need is behind there, gotta collect them to unlock a skill in another room, I've found all organ jars and put them down, save for one and that door/room is the only thing left) and other places as such.

I suppose I can also ask about the silver keys, are they all from side quests? Or are you able to buy them as well?

The blue ones are warp zones that lead to a central area that is unlocked later in the story- so just think of them as shortcuts that lead back to that area. ^_^

Silver keys can be bought or found and like textbooks, an infinite amount can be purchased end game.  You can also save before seeing what's behind the door and reload if you feel it was a waste of a key because they are sort of scarce early on.

The door in the altar room is related to the Sherlock quest and there's no organ jar back there - the one in the vents is a silver key right?  There's a room there with a bunch of coal for the furnace quest but you can also just buy the coal from the trenchcoat dude down there.  

Edited by FunkLordWiLL

1 hour ago, FunkLordWiLL said:

The blue ones are warp zones that lead to a central area that is unlocked later in the story- so just think of them as shortcuts that lead back to that area. ^_^

Silver keys can be bought or found and like textbooks, an infinite amount can be purchased end game.  You can also save before seeing what's behind the door and reload if you feel it was a waste of a key because they are sort of scarce early on.

The door in the altar room is related to the Sherlock quest and there's no organ jar back there - the one in the vents is a silver key right?  There's a room there with a bunch of coal for the furnace quest but you can also just buy the coal from the trenchcoat dude down there.  

I apparently had the last organ jar on me, did not even realize it, but as I ran past the burial chamber, the prompt appeared.  But good to know about those blue doors, will make traveling between areas so much more easier.  I mean, I was trying to do something for Einstein (and somehow, I sold him in the end without realizing it), which meant having to go between areas x.x

And yeah, I bought the rest of the coal I needed, but still unlocked that room, gave me a quick map quest to do, so no big deal :D

And I might as well ask here to be safe, the PP you earn, are there more side quests than there are PP levels? As in, can I max out my PP level before all side quests are finished? I am trying to complete all that I can as is, with some I can't finish yet, like rescuing that kid from the locker xD

2 minutes ago, FunkLordWiLL said:

Yes- I was still completing quests after reaching max level 45. 

You can kind of tell based on the PP rewards when the quest should be completed-

The ring for Bilbo and the combo for the kid stuck in the locker are near the end of the game.

Yeah, I'm just hoping that the social rank will get maxed out before the side quests all get completed.  I am curious on what the max social rank is as well.

And thanks for telling me about that ring for Bilbo too, I was wondering about that, but good to know that's near the end along with the stuck kid locker combo :)

Social rank was the same too- maxed out at 15 but there were still things you could do for points.

I had all these same concerns but it's evident they put a lot of thought into making everything doable- even being able to purchase quest items if need be.

The only issue I had was the game crashes when attempting to even look at the final D&D Role Playing Quest- like just scrolling down to it made the game crash.

Not sure if this is the same for everybody - luckily it's nothing that will prevent the platinum.

1 minute ago, FunkLordWiLL said:

Social rank was the same too- maxed out at 15 but there were still things you could do for points.

I had all these same concerns but it's evident they put a lot of thought into making everything doable- even being able to purchase quest items if need be.

The only issue I had was the game crashes when attempting to even look at the final D&D Role Playing Quest- like just scrolling down to it made the game crash.

Not sure if this is the same for everybody - luckily it's nothing that will prevent the platinum.

Huh, I haven't really checked out those D&D quests as such.  I know they're there, but not worrying about them myself, not unless there are actual purple quests to do for them, so I wouldn't know about the crashing I'm afraid.

But thanks for explaining the social rank maxing out as well, since with the Einstein ordeal, that I might have missed out on some PP points from him by selling him (which again, I did not realize I had).

7 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Huh, I haven't really checked out those D&D quests as such. 

You should- they're funny and also there are random rewards given afterward which include social rank points- so again they've pretty much idiot-proofed the platinum.

2 minutes ago, FunkLordWiLL said:

You should- they're funny and also there are random rewards given afterward which include social rank points- so again they've pretty much idiot-proofed the platinum.

Ah, then I shall keep that in mind if I need to use that for social rank points :D