*WORKING* Demon's Souls Online back up again thanks to server emulation

ViperLance34

EDIT: 

Was finally able to try it yesterday and it worked perfectly. It wasn't said in the last reddit post, but they recently changed the DNS IP.

The new IP is: 174.58.114.198

I suggest you join the Demon's Souls discord server to stay updated on server news updates:
https://discord.gg/cCSgv4M

Just found out about this on reddit (EDIT: Updated link to reflect news) :

Anybody give it a try?
Edited by Lance the Lone Wolf
  • Like 2

I tried to connect this morning and couldn't get the PS3 to co-operate. Couldn't connect to anything but the standard PSN. Does that mean it doesn't work...not in the least. I just couldn't make the connection...most likely user error...

Image result for no idea what i'm doing meme

Edited by PSXtreme_
meme needed

Hello.

Tried to give this a try earlier today. At first, I was having problems similar to those described by the previous poster. Just adding the Primary DNS settings to my usual network configuration would result in the console failing to connect to the internet. Adding a quick DMZ configuration by following this guide solved the problem. The console was able to connect to the internet and I was able to sign into PSN.

Using both numbers as options for the Primary DNS settings (first 73.27.147.158 and then 212.71.239.147) yield no results whatsoever with the game. Tried multiples times and every time I was greeted by the message that the online service for Demon Souls had been discontinued. The game then proceeded to its offline mode without any presence of messages, phantoms or invaders.

Not sure if I followed the settings correctly or not. My guess is that the private servers were no longer active by the time I tried or that they were maybe shortlived. Any confirmation would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

Was finally able to try it yesterday and it worked perfectly. It isn't said in the reddit post, but they recently changed the DNS IP.

The new IP is: 174.58.114.198

Great news!

Gonna try to see if it works and post back here for confirmation.

• Like 1

Yup, I can confirm it works.

I was able to connect Yuvi's server. Was greeted by a nice message for the private server and shown some numbers for the players that were online at the moment.

Since my saved data for this game was wiped out on a recent HDD corruption, I had to restart the whole game from the beginning again. I was able to see blood stains and messages from other players. Was also able to rate the messages from other players. Didn't get invaded, probably because there was only one more person connected besides me at the moment. Played until the first boss Phalanx without any issues. 

It is nice to see these private servers initiatives bringing back the online for a number of games. I'm not much of an online player myself but I applaud the effort of preserving the online component of these games. Hope we can see this implemented on a number of other games too, it'd be great. ?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Powerflank said:

How does this private server thing? If somebody wanted to bring back the servers of other games how would that work? What are the steps to follow?

When news the severs were closing got out, some players started sniffing the traffic flow between the PS3 and the servers to analyze the packets to try to reverse engineer the servers.

10 minutes ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

When news the severs were closing got out, some players started sniffing the traffic flow between the PS3 and the servers to analyze the packets to try to reverse engineer the servers.

So if I wanted to get the Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band servers back up how would I go about doing that? 

Just now, Kent10201 said:

So if I wanted to get the Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band servers back up how would I go about doing that? 

You would need a lot of IT knowledge to pull it off, but since there was no official announcement, you will most likely need a time machine ?. No one expected the servers to go offline so nobody thought of sniffing the packets with the intent of bringing the back.

The servers for Rock Band Blitz are still online so I don't see a reason why The Beatles' and RB2's servers should be offline. You should try and pressure HMX into giving an official statement on the server status.

Alternatively you could hope that HMX releases the source code for the servers so we can start making them ourselves, but that's even more unlikely I'm affraid.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lance the Lone Wolf said:

You would need a lot of IT knowledge to pull it off, but since there was no official announcement, you will most likely need a time machine 1f605.png. No one expected the servers to go offline so nobody thought of sniffing the packets with the intent of bringing the back.

The servers for Rock Band Blitz are still online so I don't see a reason why The Beatles' and RB2's servers should be offline. You should try and pressure HMX into giving an official statement on the server status.

Alternatively you could hope that HMX releases the source code for the servers so we can start making them ourselves, but that's even more unlikely I'm affraid.

Oh, well that sucks. :(

Trust me, I've pressed them. About ten times now. I've been ignored, told they're still online despite the fact that everyone I know cannot access them, and everything in between. I was hoping there was a method to get them up since HMX has been no help at all but that doesn't seem to be the case. Guess I'll just keep waiting and see what happens. :)

Thanks for the help though! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/20/2018 at 5:05 PM, hcmode said:

How does this private server thing? If somebody wanted to bring back the servers of other games how would that work? What are the steps to follow?

You need to know what you're doing! xD If you don't, you gotta learn I guess.

Anyway, this must also be followed if you don't want to be flagged:

26 minutes ago, twothumbedfist said:

There are no online specific trophies so no. 

Well, there's certain patterns you can only accomplish while playing online.

But the server project has already been approved.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1