Platinum Itch, Time to Scratch

CptnCanary

Hello all!

Whenever I get bit by a mosquito, I regret the first time I scratch the little red spot that forms. It starts an eternal (seeming) struggle to make the itch go away, and I always wish I had just left it alone in the first place. Getting my first platinum trophy was the polar opposite feeling. I recently got my first platinum (on Guacamelee - Vita), and this was the first time I intentionally obtained every trophy in a game. I have been gaming my whole life (29 years), and I just now realized how important it is to me. I have ADHD, yet Playstation has always been the one activity that grasps my attention fully and for unlimited amounts of time. It calms my mind, which otherwise feels busy and exhausting.

My next step is to get a platinum on Dragon Ball Xenoverse, which I am already very close to completing. I love the series and I am stoked to play Xenoverse 2 afterwards. I have a laundry list of games that I have not started; I intend to work on platinums while increasing my awful completion percentage. I'm currently playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes and Lego Worlds with my sons, Secret of Mana with my brother-in-law, and LOH: Trails of Cold Steel by myself. Next up, I want to finish Persona 4 on my Vita and Persona 5 on PS4. The hardest thing I have come across is balancing my time (work, grad-school, and family), but I still manage to play every night. Sleeping is for chumps... :) 

This website has been super helpful in tracking my goals, and I love the guides that various members have put so much effort into completing. I leave you with a question and one of my favorite quotes:

Is it unreasonable to plan on getting 10 platinums by the end of the year?

"I don't have time to listen to Kakarot's hair problems!" - Vegeta

That is all, for now... :eyebrow:

• Like 3

Hey there, welcome to the site! I'm kinda new around here as well. Hope you enjoy your time here. 

In regards to your question about 10 platinums before the end of the year. It seems totally doable to do as long as you don't play any of these games lol.

Other than that, enjoy the hunt! ?

• Like 1

Thanks all! You rock. I am pumped to work on the goal and I will stay away from the 300+ hour platinums (for now...). ?

Honor_Hand - thanks for the link to the crazy long platinums thread. I had never heard of some of those games! Lol

?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Welcome to the website! Great introduction ^^

9 platinums? I've started on playstation 11 month's ago and am now on 107 platinums. Girlfriend, 40 hours a week job, going to the gym. Go get those platinums my man make us proud1f61d.png

107 Plats and a girlfriend? What kind of black magic is this?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

She likes gaming 1f602.png1f44c.png

I am showing this to the wife... I have not been successful getting her to play/like any games!! 

Also, the 11 month: 107 platinums (black magic indeed) are inspirational!!

Thanks!

:platinum:?

• Like 1