Warning: Plat-breaking glitch

from_Omikron

i know the spot you are talking about and i had the same problem. In the end i just kept latched on with the harpoon and accelerated away at different angles and boosted and spun the car and eventually it just started to react. Only took about 2-3 minutes to react to me but it's worth giving it a go for the time it could save you in restarting a playthrough. This was actually the only issue i encountered on the way to platinum which was lucky, i hear. Great, somber and huge game though. In spite of the lacking narrative i really quite enjoyed it.

• Like 4

it's a game i really want to begin someday i'll get the courage to do so eventually. my main worry is the 170/171 scavenging glitch which might be tied to the game breaker.

if it had no flaws would definitely of started it by now.

Edited by kingdrake2

1 hour ago, pskid247 said:

i know the spot you are talking about and i had the same problem. In the end i just kept latched on with the harpoon and accelerated away at different angles and boosted and spun the car and eventually it just started to react. Only took about 2-3 minutes to react to me but it's worth giving it a go for the time it could save you in restarting a playthrough. This was actually the only issue i encountered on the way to platinum which was lucky, i hear. Great, somber and huge game though. In spite of the lacking narrative i really quite enjoyed it.

Good to hear it worked out for you, but for me the harpoon refuses to shoot, like the container doesn't exist. No platinum for this game.

19 hours ago, Krove-34 said:

Hi !

It's the only thing glitched in the game ? It can not be another one ? I want to start the game but like you say , i dont' want to play 50h and find out there is a glitch somewhere else 1f601.png

Well, there's people reporting being stuck at 190/191 scavenging locations despite doing everything, seemingly at random. While others are having no problems at all. You can try and see how unlucky you are.

22 hours ago, Krove-34 said:

Hi !

It's the only thing glitched in the game ? It can not be another one ? I want to start the game but like you say , i dont' want to play 50h and find out there is a glitch somewhere else 1f601.png

When I got the plat the scrolls or whatever those red things were called you have to break two of them didn't register when I broke them and they were marked as complete on the location or outpost I broke them at.  Every outpost read that I had broken all the scrolls and I should have been 100% complete.  Deleting and reinstalling the game made them show back up as incomplete at the two locations so I was able to go back and break them again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, from_Omikron said:

Well, there's people reporting being stuck at 190/191 scavenging locations despite doing everything, seemingly at random. While others are having no problems at all. You can try and see how unlucky you are.

I found on a website where the scavenging bug is potentially related to you dying while the game autosaves after you 100% a location. I was particularly scared of this bug so when I would 100% a location I would freeze and not move and wait for the TWO autosave icons to disappear in the top right of the screen. Takes about 5 seconds for both. I got the platinum with no issues doing this.

I can't remember the exact numbers to check if you have the bug but I think it's the total number number of scav locations (227) and you subtract the number of locations found (this number is listed in your "statistics" menu). This number should be equal to "reaper of the harvest" under the "Legend" menu (191 minus however many locations you have). If the numbers don't match you might have the bug. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Always make a backup save to your Cloud or your USB drive.

So far I've used both to great advantage and they even saved me from a few rough parts in games I played.

I'll keep this in mind when I get around to Mad Max. Not sure how you can die after you 100 percent a zone unless you jump off a cliff or fight someone while your game is autosaving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

At the end, I started all over again and as soon as I got to Pink's territory I headed to the damn place marked on the map and this time there was no Bug.

Grinding and looted all again no was fun, but I refused to lose this platinum. It's a shame this game has this Bug and people have a 50% chance of getting stuck and be forced to start all over again or just send the game to fuck off.

Edited by MyLastRide
  • Like 1