Nearly 700 hours and I still haven't got all the crowns

kerck11

I'm losing patient to this fking game and I might just give up. I need to get mini and giant crown Kirin, Teostra, Daora and Deviljho and FUCKING GIANT CROWN NERGIGANTE. I regret playing this game it sucks the life out of you whilst playing it.

• Like 2

Nergigante 140

Teostra 40

Daora 35

Kirin 20

I don't kill them if they are not small or big enough and the fact that I ran out of investigations that's why they are in low count. Spring blossom event is useless because I don't need any large monster crowns nor materials

I only join in others quest because I ran out of investigations on elder dragons and I'm tired of collecting tracks cause I know it won't pay off

Edited by kerck11

I followed that Bullshit 1 silver 1 gold missions method which took me ages to piled up, obviously it didn't work.

I even tried to join in with others that are doing that 1 silver 1 gold missions, also didn't work. 

If I slayed all of those elder dragons that I abandoned quest, each probably would reached over a hundred, over 200 for nergigante

I just had enough of this fucking game

Edited by kerck11
  • Like 1

Honestly I feel your pain, the best strategy at this point is to just wait and see if they release some sort of elder dragon event for the crowns.. it gets absolutely ridiculous farming these crowns for too long. Also you don't need Deviljho's crowns for the platinum, so unless you want bragging rights I wouldn't waste your time.

On April 27th the Devil May Cry event is arriving which will have a giant Teostra in it, so if you want an easy crown I suggest waiting for that.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, skroq said:

If you spend more than few hours on 1 crown you are doing it wrong. Sure it's random, but a crown never took me 5 hours for anything in the game.
I am shocked that after 700 hours you didn't figure stuff out..

First of all.. Gold crowns are rather easy to get from 2x Gold 2x Silver, especially with 15min, 30 minute quest, 3 tries. I never played anything that had brozne or was 50 minute, 8 attempts or didn't have a gold in reward. I disliked even 5 attempts investigations.

Let me help you out with NERG.. Why did you kill +100? Are you a masohist? I killed like 20-25 (20 were for fun). It takes 5 minutes to measure NERG. Just use the method below.
I simply looked if my NERG covered the pillar and if it did it was worth killing. Took me maybe 1-2 hours to get the crown.

PS. the guy got his giant NERG in a 5 attempt investigation, with bronze, silver and gold rewards. I know you can get crowns from those, but it's less likely.

Got any tips for farming a large kirin mate? I have a tempered investigation with 2 rewards which i've been save scumming to farm but no luck so far

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, skroq said:

If you spend more than few hours on 1 crown you are doing it wrong. Sure it's random, but a crown never took me 5 hours for anything in the game.
I am shocked that after 700 hours you didn't figure stuff out..

First of all.. Gold crowns are rather easy to get from 2x Gold 2x Silver, especially with 15min, 30 minute quest, 3 tries. I never played anything that had brozne or was 50 minute, 8 attempts or didn't have a gold in reward. I disliked even 5 attempts investigations.

Let me help you out with NERG.. Why did you kill +100? Are you a masohist? I killed like 20-25 (20 were for fun). It takes 5 minutes to measure NERG. Just use the method below.
I simply looked if my NERG covered the pillar and if it did it was worth killing. Took me maybe 1-2 hours to get the crown.

PS. the guy got his giant NERG in a 5 attempt investigation, with bronze, silver and gold rewards. I know you can get crowns from those, but it's less likely.

You have no idea how many investigations I abandoned and how many hours I played to collect all those silver and gold missions. I managed to clear all of my investigations to the fact that I joined someone else's just to get quicker tracks and monster take downs. I deleted all missions that has bronze and all was left were silver and gold in it

Stupid Luck based trophies

The RNG God for these crowns can be a pain. I spent almost 20 hours trying to pop the large Kirin this past weekend while using the measuring technique and reloading my save file when I burned through the good investigations (2 silver, 1 gold/2 silver, 2 gold). Even got trolled hard by the game and got a silver crown on a 654 sized one, smh. I finally got one big enough, but I was close to leaving the quest because it didn't appear to be as large as the one that trolled me (it was 659). So if it looks close, kill it and hope for the best.

38 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Got any tips for farming a large kirin mate? I have a tempered investigation with 2 rewards which i've been save scumming to farm but no luck so far

My tips from Nerg + my video on the measurement

Fun fact: I got a nice investigatation for Kirin. Tempered 15 minutes, 2 players, 2 deaths :) I am usure with deaths

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kerck11 said:

Its random shit, I slayed a total of 85 vaal Hazak get both crowns. Strategy my fucking ass

Every previous monster hunter game had a pattern when it came to getting crowns.. As everyone else has said there's a clear pattern that shows getting silver/gold reward investigations give you a higher chance. I highly doubt it's just "random shit", you just have to keep trying what seems to work for everyone else until you get lucky and get it yourself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Holy shit, 700 hours on any game is fucking insane. Mad props to you whether you get your trophy or not.

Thanks but I won't get it coz I will sell and trade the game today to get God of war

First game in 4 years that I will actually not get the platinum

Oh and again, FUCK THIS GAME

• Like 1