My Vita should be here in a couple of hours

CreativePolicy

34 minutes ago, AustinNSx said:

Hey, I ordered my PsVita 1st gen a few days ago. It should be delivered now soon! 

Reccomend some cheap games for me to try out.

I enjoy many different genres, also this is my very first vita, tell me why ill love it!

Get that bastard online asap to make sure you aren't missing timestamps on Welcome Park.

• Like 2

Lots of fun stuff on the Vita, and if you like fringe genres like VNs, it's even better.

My three personal favorite Vita games:

• Persona 4: Golden - truly the gold standard
  • Adventures of Mana - for once, a nice remake of a Square classic. You can even play the original music!
  • Severed - a nice, fun, first-person game in the vein of Metroid, with a remarkably dark story

There are tons of others out there (definitely get Danganronpa or its sequel if you get the chance), but those were the ones I enjoyed most out of my limited collection.

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

(if it's on sale) Danganronpa V3

The Nonary Games

Zero Time Dilemma

^literally time consuming as hell.

Let me also educate you on two of the series above.

If you buy Danganronpa, play Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, Watch the Danganronpa 3 Anime and then play V3 to get the best experience from the series.

If you buy Nonary/Zero Time, play the Nonary (999 then Virtues Last Reward) and then Zero Time Dilemma.

^ in those orders. The Nonary/Zero Time series has a linear story line across three games. If you play them out of order (hi, like me) it will get confusing. Danganronpa also has a linear story line although I recommend playing the spin-off of ultra despair and watching the anime so you have full closure of the last two games. Originally after DR2, Ultra came out.. then the anime.. then V3. So fans of the game basically kept up with it like that and got the actual experience of the game.

There's also a lot of Visual Novels that are pretty fun that you should definitely check out. Code Realize is my favorite VN tbh. But yeah, enjoy your vita!

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, have fun. These are Vita games I enjoyed a lot:

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana
  • Demon Gaze
  • Ray Gigant
  • Mary Skelter Nightmares
  • Gravity Rush
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Steins;Gate
  • Steins;Gate 0 (it's actually a sort of sequel, not a prequel)
  • Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus
  • Muramasa Rebirth
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • Dragon's Crown
  • God Eater Resurrection
  • Freedom Wars
  • Salt & Sanctuary
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Zero Time Dilemma
  • Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair
  • Severed
  • Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (only play this if you like the anime)
  • Sword Art Online Lost Song

This would be a great starting collection for you. You don't have to look anywhere else @AustinNSx

The Vita has a decent library of games, especially if you haven't played the exclusives that got ported to PS4 (like Gravity Rush). You can have a really large library if you add in PS1 and PSP games. Personally I find it a little hard to go back to PS1 games, but the PSP has a lot of gems, and they play well on the Vita. Back in the PSP era, Western developers were still making AAA portable games, so there are 3 Grand Theft Auto games on PSP (and the Vita didn't get a single one).  

The suggested games lists are pretty good. I would add the 3 Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth games to the suggestions here. I think the PSNP community could easily create a collaborative "Best 25 Vita Games" list and just link to it in every Vita thread, now that the system is winding down. One thing I haven't seen here yet is a top 5 or so games to start out with. I'd go with the following: 

Persona 4 Golden (JRPG)

Soul Sacrifice Delta (Monster Hunter style, but more streamlined and fun IMO)

Virtue's Last Reward (Visual Novel)

Guacamelee (Indie Platformer)

Gravity Rush (third person action)

With this list you're getting 4 major games that cover the genres that the Vita did the best with, plus an oddball (Gravity Rush) that showed the potential of the Vita but sadly didn't thrive with similar games. Guacamelee could be substituted with any other quality Indie game - platformers weren't the only genre to do well on the Vita under the Indie category, but Guacamelee is a personal favorite for me. 

I still have a faint hope that Sony sees the success of the Switch and makes a Vita successor, but I know it's a pipe dream. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Definitely Uncharted Golden Abyss (grabbed it free for plus even before I had a vita so i didn't pay a dime for it). I haven't played much on my vita.

This month's free game (99vidya) was pretty decent.

I usually just stick with free games on plus for my vita now.

I might get Tearaway here in a few months for an enduring road-trip I'll be embarking on.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

Welcome to the Vita family!

• Mortal Kombat

• Uncharted: Golden Abyss

• Killzone Mercenary

• Toukiden: The Age of Demons

• Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition

• FEZ

• Hotline Miami

• Super Star Wars

• Home: A Unique Horror Adventure

• Murasaki Baby

• Yomawari: Night Alone

• Hotaru no Nikki: The Firefly Diary

• Dead Nation

• Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

• Soul Sacrifice

• Dragon’s Crown

• Persona 4 Golden

• WipEout 2048

• Super Stardust Delta

• Gravity Rush

• Fairune

• Race the Sun

• Kung Fury: Street Rage

• Muramasa Rebirth

• Lone Survivor

• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

• World of Final Fantasy

Edited by Daft Gamer

Why you'll love the console--
You can take it anywhere! It has saved my sanity so many times on family vacations that I haven't wanted to attend...
Also, if someone wants to use the TV that you have your PS4 hooked up to, you can just leave your PS4 running and do remote play if you have a solid internet connection.

Games I recommend (in order of "easiness"):

Machinarium (Point and Click)
Whispering Willows (Adventure/Horror)

Amnesia: Memories (Visual Novel)
Severed (Action/Adventure-- GREAT use of the Vita's touch screen)

Child of Light (Side Scroller RPG)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (Action RPG)

Zero Escape Trilogy (Visual Novel/Puzzle)
Atelier Ayesha Plus (JRPG)
Tales of Hearts (JRPG)
Atelier Rorona Plus (JRPG)
Terraria (Sandbox Action)

Games I don't recommend:
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (extremely tedious dungeon crawler)

.......guess that's it. There's some others that I didn't like but don't actually regret playing like I do this one.

Ones that I played on PS3/4 that have a Vita version:

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Point and Click)
Back to Bed (Puzzle)
The Unfinished Swan (Puzzle)
Trails of Cold Steel series (JRPG)

• 6 months later...

So, my (used) ps vita is coming in a few hours as well.I would like to ask how to be 100% certain i'll avoid trophies with missing timestamps.So far i've been told to:

1) Format the console (two times to be sure)

2) Upgrade it afterwards (i assume latest firmware)

3) Put my account's information

4) Sync my trophies

5) Always play while been connected to internet

6) Always play with batteries charged (since they can create missing timestamps as well?)

Am i missing anything? I read something about a Welcome Park game

6 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

what about that game? Can i skip/delete it?

You don't need to be connected to the internet all the time. That defeats the purpose of having a portable. I earn trophies when I'm on the bus or at work and I get timestamps. I think it works the same as PS3. You only getting missing timestamps if you get trophies before you connect to PSN for the first time. If you've connected once, you should be fine. Don't hold me to that though.

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, my (used) ps vita is coming in a few hours as well.I would like to ask how to be 100% certain i'll avoid trophies with missing timestamps.So far i've been told to:

1) Format the console (two times to be sure)-e

2) Upgrade it afterwards (i assume latest firmware)

3) Put my account's information

4) Sync my trophies

5) Always play while been connected to internet

6) Always play with batteries charged (since they can create missing timestamps as well?)

Am i missing anything? I read something about a Welcome Park game

1)If it is not yet formatted.

2)It has to be updated anyway if you want to use PSN.

3)Obvious ;).

4)Yep, that's mandatory. Log into PSN and sync your trophies before getting any trophy on that Vita! That will prevent you from getting the "missing timestamp". (Same for PS3/4 anyway).

5)Not mandatory, I always play offline and sync the whole game after - never had any issues.

6)Nope, no issues when the battery will go down.

Remember that step 4 has to be done every time you format your PSV or it crashes that you have to reconfigure it.

Yep, Welcome Park... When I bought my 1st PSV... How could I know that it has to be synced first :/... So my first trophy from "Welcome Park" has a missing timestamp...

Anyway, few years later I made the same mistake with PS TV...

It is possible to play Welcome Park without popping a trophy and you can delete the list afterwards. I somehow managed to avoid popping any while testing the functions. There are some actual games where it could be tested too, but only one I know is Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus, though if something doesn't work then that's a disaster for the trophy list.