CoD BO4 : No Campaign [Rumour]

Gwendly

They gonna make the game cheaper or? Trash. This isn't Treyarch's decision if this is true. This is all Activision. World at War and Black Ops 1 stories show how much they cared. Activision is just like EA.

Edited by Zach
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

COD's campaigns have just gotten worse each year (and they weren't that good to begin with but were at least tolerable back during the early CODs)

I still won't buy this though regardless. WW2 pretty much locked it in that i'm done with the series. The idea was cool to go back to the historic route, but even then the game is the same ol same ol. Small maps, unbalanced gameplay, quickscopin (later patched but was god awful).. i could go on and on but I'll keep this shorter.

lol wut? To each their own I guess. Infinite Warfare was my favorite cod campaign by far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LethalBlade26 said:

If this is true that will be a bummer. I really did love the campaign in BO and BO2. Removing campaign is a dumb move since not everybody plays the online. There are people who just would like to enjoy the story and then move on from there.

Agreed.  I also thought BO3's campaign was good.  I've gotten a bit tired of the WW2 themes & actually like the more modern/futuristic ones.

• Like 1

Take it with a pinch of salt, they’re rumors and speculations.

If it comes true, hahaha I can’t wait to witness the biggest failure for a major CoD launch ever! I couldn’t give a damn about CoD, I gave up after MW3. So, fuck CoD and I hope this franchise dies (if it’s dead already)!

Edited by Maxie Mouse

It’ll still sell well anyway, cause majority only gets it for the multiplayer, i just hope other companies don’t start doing this.

A battle Royale mode, so that’s the latest trend games will all have now

I also heard, not sure if it's true, that there's going to be some sort of battle royale added to this as well? I mean if this is the case COD just continues to go downhill since this lootbox garbage.

I mean so far we've got the game coming out October instead of November, possibly no MP and possibly a BR mode.. So many changes..

3 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I also heard, not sure if it's true, that there's going to be some sort of battle royale added to this as well? I mean if this is the case COD just continues to go downhill since this lootbox garbage.

I mean so far we've got the game coming out October instead of November, possibly no MP and possibly a BR mode.. So many changes..

It'll have mp. It's MW2 that's rumored to not have mp.

5 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

So, fuck CoD and I hope this franchise dies (if it’s dead already)!

Why? I have never understood this line of thinking. If you hate CoD, just don't buy or play the games. But why would you hope the franchise dies when there are still millions of people who do enjoy the games? 

Parker

• Like 4

How tide is turned for me. now my hype is shutdown.

I was very excited to see how Black Ops IIII turned out to be campaign-wise. 

and let down massively that this seems intended to be embrace full force on service game.

Well, I guess i save $60 a year now. COD without campaign to me is ... not right because it almost always have strong campaign to play. I mainly buy COD for have a good time with campaign anyway because most of time its story is well-written than most shooter. and never care on multiplayer or those puzzle level zombie.

I best hope is sell separate campaign. that way is my best case to me because i get to save some money.

Edited by FielVeredus

13 hours ago, Hourisathand said:

lol wut? To each their own I guess. Infinite Warfare was my favorite cod campaign by far.

I refused to throw money at that COD. Was done with the futuristic vibes. :)
So i probably should have reworded that as "The ones I've played".

Black Ops 3 was "decent" In coop but me and my friend both agreed it still felt like a chore to finish it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 11:43 PM, Hourisathand said:

Just got started with that one on PC & so far it's a great campaign.  Why does this one get so much flack?  IMO it's a good thing that they tried to make this different, instead of doing MW4 or another historic one.

Advanced Warfare isn't too bad either.  The grappling hook got to be quite fun, especially when you can take an enemy out with it.  A mech combat scene later in the game reminded me a lot of F.E.A.R. 2's power armor battle, complete with missiles & rockets that reload after a few seconds.  Loved it.

• Like 1

This rumor is as true as the cancellation of the FF7 remake .. nothing has been confirmed by them, and if it is true its a step that they give in order to captivate players. this is because "battle royal" is a way that appeals to many players online. can be seen with a positive and negative aspect depending on each player. COD has been falling over the years and this can be a step forward that they are giving.

25 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I said that the rumor was about something different, you should read my comment, too.

Okay if you want to go there ... what's the problem with not having a campaign? "because always had until today" is no excuse. GOW for example, has always been a linear game in its own way and developers have risked and succeeded. what i find funny is the rumors that exist and many aren't even true. if COD doesn't have campaign there will always be who buys them, BO3 was a game that innovated relative to the previous one and that made it bad? no! so let's give BO4 the benefit of doubts

Edited by Ayane Despair