CoD BO4 : No Campaign [Rumour]

Gwendly

56 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Yeah so great that by the time anymore battle royales come out people will have moved on...

Not sure I understand the hype of them either.. but maybe they aren't for me 1f481.png

Yeah CoD's always on the hype train to late. Their 3yr span of exo suits was an attempt to compete with games like Halo. But they did it until 2016. Then it felt like WW2 was in efforts to compete with Bf1, now Battle Royale because of PUBG and Fortnite. It's just sad that they can't be original anymore.

• Like 3

On 30/04/2018 at 8:56 PM, Zach said:

Yeah CoD's always on the hype train to late. Their 3yr span of exo suits was an attempt to compete with games like Halo. But they did it until 2016. Then it felt like WW2 was in efforts to compete with Bf1, now Battle Royale because of PUBG and Fortnite. It's just sad that they can't be original anymore.

Woah, I never looked at it this way but sounds convincing

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 2

The Battle Royale mode makes sense seeing as it's so trendy now thanks to PUBG and Fortnite, Fortine only exploded because they took the concept from PUBG and made it their own... but what will CoD add to it? If they will make it any different... ?

@Zach also i think the game not having a campaign can be compared to Overwatch since it's successful and it has no single-player mode in it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Woah, I never looked at it this way but sounds convincing

Sarcasm? :awesome: Or is my detector broken?

6 hours ago, renatabls said:

The Battle Royale mode makes sense seeing as it's so trendy now thanks to PUBG and Fortnite, Fortine only exploded because they took the concept from PUBG and made it their own... but what will CoD add to it? If they will make it any different... 1f914.png

@Zach also i think the game not having a campaign can be compared to Overwatch since it's successful and it has no single-player mode in it.

Good point. Is Overwatch battle royale as well? Never played.

There is so many things wrong with a no campaign Call of Duty.

First of all, CoD campaigns have an exceedingly good habit of being a solid single player shooter experience, something that's almost dead. The only other guys doing it at that level right now are Machine Games with the Wolfenstein titles and DICE with the Battlefield series. I don't know why it seems to be profitable to ditch when you are one of the few still doing it.

I mean think about the actual campaign content in the series from Modern Warfare onward. There are memorable characters like Price, Reznov, Woods, E3N, even that dickbag Pierson. Memorable moments, like the infamous escape the sinking cargo ship scene from MW, Shepard betraying and lighting Ghost on fire, the psychological torture of Mason, watching Logan getting pulled away from Hesh by a seemingly undead psycho (RIP Ghosts 2 and any chance of continuing that cliffhanger), Holding F to pay respects, the complete lose-lose outcome of Infinite Warfare which almost never happens in games and is great summary of war in general, and every moment with dickbag Pierson. I mean I won't hand out a writers award for Call of Duty but they know how to deliver the experience they aim for.

Replacing with a Battle Royale just to ride that bandwagon? How about replacing zombies instead, a mode that's overused and overrated and isn't even synonymous with Treyarch anymore. Why Infinite Warfare, a space opera, decided to stale out with another Zombies mode instead of following up with the oh-so conveniently themed Extinction mode from Ghosts... missed opportunity and a million. That and multiplayer jackal dogfighting. At least Infinite Warfare can fall back onto its campaign *hint hint*.

The last thing I absolutely don't understand, is why you would set yourself up to be a microtransaction churning machine in the entirety of the game. There's no single player experience to turn to, and you can bet your sweet arse that all three alleged modes (MP, Zombies and Battle Royale) will be roofied with as many money pinching schemes as they can possibly muster. Why do that NOW? Player awareness shot up exponentially over the last year when it comes to this, and even governments are coming hard with the banhammer. It's like they really want the franchise to burn, putting all the markers to this game saying "Don't buy me, I'll steal your grape money".

I mean, fuck, I really like grapes. Why do this Activision?

7 hours ago, AuzzieWingman said:

First of all, CoD campaigns have an exceedingly good habit of being a solid single player shooter experience, something that's almost dead. The only other guys doing it at that level right now are Machine Games with the Wolfenstein titles and DICE with the Battlefield series. I don't know why it seems to be profitable to ditch when you are one of the few still doing it.

Exactly this.  Not everyone buys CoD games for the MP.  I don't mind a battle royale mode being added.  But if it's true that BO4 will not have a campaign, it doesn't deserve to be labeled as part of the Black Ops series.

BO2 added what I think are some neat twists to its campaign, like the branching plot with multiple endings & the Strike Force missions.