Track #180.. !@#!%&

SnowFleurz

1 hour ago, ericperez18 said:

178 and 180 are the hardest tracks imho. I had little trouble getting gold on the remaining tracks. Be patient and persevere, it'll feel great once you get it. The plat is totally worth it!

Multi lap tracks have a special place in hell. I hate them with all of my heart.

ericperez18.png

I couldn't agree more, I can't wait for the day I'm finally done with this plat. Worst part is I used to really like the trackmania series until I started trying for this plat xD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CapnNemo12 said:

I couldn't agree more, I can't wait for the day I'm finally done with this plat. Worst part is I used to really like the trackmania series until I started trying for this plat xD

Good luck! The roller coaster ones are the easiest tracks in the Black Series, even the multi lap one. I got the gold on my first try.

ericperez18.png

• Like 2

I doubt I will ever make it to black series. Some red tracks are mental. Getting a gold on 125 took me about 4 hours for god sake!! And Im now currently getting destroyed by track 140.

Playing this game has humbled me allot. I will probably just stick to shmups and platformers in future ?

• Like 3

Well, at least you can drive a bit slower and safer on Multilaps, because the gold driver makes enough mistakes over 3 rounds. As long as you dont mess up huge jumps and / or need to restart a checkpoint which throws you back 5-7 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finish this game. It was really hard for a beginner in trackmania. i don't understand the guide rating and time for platinum.(that's only for alien and trackmania veteran)

It took me 100+ hours and difficulty was 10/10 in my opinion..

For me, the 3 worst track were 190 (6 hours), 180 (5 hours) and 178 (5 hours).

not 175 (1h20) because the gold medal is not so fast. you can drive a little bit slowly before all big jump in order to keep the good line and don't forget to air control your car during the 1st jump.

good luck for all.

Edited by msd51

4 minutes ago, msd51 said:

Just finish this game. It was really hard for a beginner in trackmania. i don't understand the guide rating and time for platinum.(that's only for alien and trackmania veteran)

not 175 (1h20) because the gold medal is not so fast. you can drive a little bit slowly before all big jump in order to keep the good line and don't forget to air control your car during the 1st jump.

good luck for all.

If it was 10/10 you probably wouldn't have 100% it. ;) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If it was 10/10 you probably wouldn't have 100% it. ;) 

maybe rating is personal, but others game have 10/10 and people have achieve platinum trophy too.

I have gran turismo 5 platinum for example which is 10/10 too and it was easiest for me. In trackmania, tracks are really crazy and car very difficult to control.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, msd51 said:

maybe rating is personal, but others game have 10/10 and people have achieve platinum trophy too.

I have gran turismo 5 platinum for example which is 10/10 too and it was easiest for me. In trackmania, tracks are really crazy and car very difficult to control.

But is GT5 10/10? :P 

Im quite a 'pro' player regarding racing games (some world records in wipEout HD/Fury; 2048; Omega collection; GT-series) and i had some issues with trackmanias gameplay when i started it, but now that i've sunk some time into it, it's not THAT hard. I have the 50 trackmaster medals already, and im just at track 100. I got a gold medal on every track after just a few tries. Trackmaster medals are a bit hardcore sometimes, but nothing too fancy. If you have someone on your friendslist with a trackmaster medal, it'll make things more easy ...

Edited by JFthebestJan

5 hours ago, JFthebestJan said:

Im quite a 'pro' player regarding racing games (some world records in wipEout HD/Fury; 2048; Omega collection; GT-series) and i had some issues with trackmanias gameplay when i started it, but now that i've sunk some time into it, it's not THAT hard. I have the 50 trackmaster medals already, and im just at track 100. I got a gold medal on every track after just a few tries. Trackmaster medals are a bit hardcore sometimes, but nothing too fancy. If you have someone on your friendslist with a trackmaster medal, it'll make things more easy ...

I think you're right about the ghost if you have a friend with good ghost it'll make things really more easy.

I had the 50 trackmaster medals before track 70 too, that part was really not a real problem.?

But if you are a pro player (world records in wipEout) and if you like challenge, this platinum will be not so hard...the key is to well control the 4 cars with a joystick on these differents environment grip, to not quit when the game become more difficult, to not be scared by full speed and crazy track ? lol.

I've seen trackmania video from riolu and spam on youtube, the way they control cars is really impressive. (probably a lot of skills and time)

for them, it's a 2/10 difficult game. I'm OK with that but not sure that is the case of majority of gamer. PSN rarity is 0,1% and psnprofile rarity is 0,9%.I don't hink there is any coincidence.

That's why i think 8/10 and 40 hours is just a litlle bit underestimated in my opinion. (maybe i'm wrong, it's possible)

It's just the opinion of a random player who have really enjoy this fun game, finish it and struggle by moment to be honest.

Good luck for the end of the game JFthebestJan.

PS: sorry if my english is not very good, i try my best but it's not my first language.

11 hours ago, msd51 said:

good luck for all.

This was the hardest platinum that I have achieved. If I scaled my own games and nothing else, then yeah, a 10/10.

For me, track 180...? 15 hours+ 

And then another dozen of the tracks in the game added on to that? 40 hours.

For me, about 60 hours, and I almost always come well under the average time.

Congrats :)

On May 17, 2018 at 2:37 AM, msd51 said:

yes the guide on this website rate it  10/10 and it's really not an easy platinum to get (vettel time to beat was really difficult but not the others trophy)

For me it was more like 9/10 because i have play gran turismo since the GT1 and i had a wheel to play it.(G25?) but i'm just an average GT gamer.

In my opinion 10/10 is just a level of difficult that you feel when you try to achieve the platinum trophy, it doesn't mean impossible.?

Agreed, 10/10 doesn't mean impossible. Its just the hardest a game can go. We have a word for impossible games... Impossible

As for TMT I feel 40hrs is way to low for 99% of people. I personally gave the game an 8.5/10 im not a pro racer and I don't play racers so 8/10 is fair but as its a guide I see why people think its misleading. 

Ok I looked at my playtime on U Play, its 53hrs solo and 62hrs all together. Thats including the time I spent messing around online so my plat time was around the 53 to 54hr mark. The guide was updated to 70hrs which I think is 100% reasonable. 

Track 180 was definitely the worse track just because the stupid jumps and that corner with a speed boost on it. I had some annoyance with 170 because the double loop as well... Oh how I hate the loops in this game. 

Edited by lilpain97
Update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 17/05/2018 at 0:16 PM, lilpain97 said:

Agreed, 10/10 doesn't mean impossible. Its just the hardest a game can go. We have a word for impossible games... Impossible

As for TMT I feel 40hrs is way to low for 99% of people. I personally gave the game an 8.5/10 im not a pro racer and I don't play racers so 8/10 is fair but as its a guide I see why people think its misleading. 

Ok I looked at my playtime on U Play, its 53hrs solo and 62hrs all together. Thats including the time I spent messing around online so my plat time was around the 53 to 54hr mark. The guide was updated to 70hrs which I think is 100% reasonable. 

Track 180 was definitely the worse track just because the stupid jumps and that corner with a speed boost on it. I had some annoyance with 170 because the double loop as well... Oh how I hate the loops in this game. 

Shout out to whichever dick head thought that the jump in 176 through that pylon was a smart idea ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2018 at 11:05 AM, msd51 said:

the key is to well control the 4 cars with a joystick on these differents environment grip

I prefer DPad, in fact I'd recommend DPad for the consistency and accuracy as it makes some of the annoying drift then straighten for a jump moments on the dirt tracks significantly more manageable and reliable I find.

I haven't beaten all tracks in Black Valley yet, but I decided to do #178 last night and #180 today. The worst part of all the Black Valley tracks so far, especially #178 and #180, is the start of the track. It's really irritating to have to restart over and over again at the start, and once you make progress, fail at an obstacle and begin failing at the start over and over yet again. It's like a cycle. I actually kinda liked #180 after the start, though. #178 is the worst track in the game so far I think.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2018 at 3:54 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I prefer DPad, in fact I'd recommend DPad for the consistency and accuracy as it makes some of the annoying drift then straighten for a jump moments on the dirt tracks significantly more manageable and reliable I find.

I understand your point of view especially for lagoon (these drift ...) which is the most Dpad friendly environement i think.

it really depends on each player feelings. There are view of the best players on PC who only play with keyboard.

I've wasted a lot of time because of this choice. 20 first hours only with Dpad, 20 next hours DPad only for lagoon. 20 next hours only  DPad for sand and rollercoaster of lagoon (i had to switch during somme track). Now i have 160 trackmaster medal, i'm really better and more precise with joystick, so no more DPad at all. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Finished it after about two days when I played it two weeks (or one?) ago..

After that I finished all tracks pretty easy during the next two days.

Funfact: A friend of mine got stuck at 180 some days later and I finished it for him in 15 minutes :D

Just waiting with one trophy in the game to make it my #300.

But be sure, that the last 20 tracks are a piece of cake in comparism to 180. The only track which gave me some headache (3-4 hours) was 190.

On 12/07/2018 at 6:06 PM, KoopatroI said:

I haven't beaten all tracks in Black Valley yet, but I decided to do #178 last night and #180 today. The worst part of all the Black Valley tracks so far, especially #178 and #180, is the start of the track. It's really irritating to have to restart over and over again at the start, and once you make progress, fail at an obstacle and begin failing at the start over and over yet again. It's like a cycle. I actually kinda liked #180 after the start, though. #178 is the worst track in the game so far I think.

Strongly disagree! If the hardest part of the track is the very beginning I rejoiced; less time wasted! :)

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really envy you guys when I read complaints about needing more than 5 hours on e.g. #180. I think it took me probably close to 15h :).

But the worst for me was definitely #175 because of it being multi-lap and the nerves getting the best of me when I would be in my 3rd lap with seconds ahead. I eventually golded it in an attempt where i was behind most of the 3rd lap and overtook the ghost in the very last corner. I also disagree with speed control because the hardest parts are the long jumps where your line has to be perfect AND you have to be at top speed or you won't make it across. I think it took me a month to just complete this one, with at least an hour each night on average.

I also found #178 worse than #180 because I hate those wallride jumps, plus there were a few boostpad jumps where you had to control speed not to crash when landing.

There was one other track, not even Black Series, that I hated but forgot the number. It was a multi-lap which had a reverse pad right before the finish and enough opportunity to loose speed before hitting it and therefore not even making the finish line. That last line started with a looping and a turn left which you had to make at enough speed to jump over a gap, to land a boost pad with a 90 turn right with an obstacle in the middle of the track. I really hated that one, especially because a checkpoint restart didn't work either because you could not get enough speed when restarting from stand still.

Anyway, glad that Black Valley is over... took me 2.5 months by the looks of the trophy logs ! Am hopeful I can do Platinum by the end of the year now. Really love this game but the Black Series has become too much of a grind.

On 2-9-2018 at 6:54 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Strongly disagree! If the hardest part of the track is the very beginning I rejoiced; less time wasted! :)

This so much, which is why #180 is not that bad really. The 2nd half of the track is actually pretty easy. Once you're past that double jump through that rock gate, you've had the worst. The trick to that 90 degree turn with double boost pad near the end is to brake hard so you take the turn really slowly so you have time to align your jump. With the boost pad you can even make it across without hitting your gas.

Edited by ViperHD
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, samuel_hsc said:

Any tips for the "island" jump on 180? The one with some wood on the sides. This one is killing me.

I almost beat this track. I lost some time in the part before the 90 degree corner.

Maintain as much speed as possible in the slight S-turn right before, and immediatly get positioned in the middle. Try not to do any adjustements right before the island jump.

And just make sure not to fly off the road in the turn to the left straight after the jump, I did that multiple times when coming with high speed from the jump.