SnowFleurz

Track #180.. [email protected]#!%&

92 posts in this topic

On 31/05/2019 at 5:02 AM, Arcesus7 said:

I know this thread is rather old, and I'm not even in Black Valley yet to bitch about #180, but ooooh boy this game 1f633.png

 

Yesterday I unlocked Red Valley, but I'm still missing Gold on the multilaps 125 and 130.. I went back to get some trackmaster medals on White and Green Canyon to practice the environment a bit more, hopefully I can get those two multilaps soon... But slowly I'm losing faith in my ability to get this game done 1f602.png 

 

Not very reassuring to read so many nightmare stories about Black Valley, when i'm even struggling to unlock the Black Series 1f606.png I have no experience with racing games whatsoever, so this one is really hard for me. But it's also super fun, so I guess with the three P's (practice, persistence, patience) I might get there at some point. 

Keep trying, eventually you'll get every track. You just need one good run, as Mori said. And the gold times aren't that right. I had a rough time on the Red tracks as well. When you reach the Black Series you'll be a lot better.

Edited by samuel_hsc
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the platinum a few days ago. Black valley is the most difficult series in the game, but I didn't find 180 to be the most difficult, I acturally liked the track. The most difficult track in the game is 178 imo, and it was the track that took me the longest to gold (7 hrs). Overall I enjoyed valley, the buggy is my favorite car, maybe that's why it didn't feel so bad. On the other hand I didn't enjoy Canyon and found the tracks 161, 167 and 169 very difficult, I also remember a few Lagoon tracks that were tough.

 

Dificulty 9/10

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really surprised to read you guys, black valley was hard yes but I did not find black lagoon and black canyon easier, to be honest...

And the 180th track is not the track I spent the most time on, the beginning is quite serious but after the 3 first checkpoints it's really not that bad, it took me more time to beat tracks 175, 170, 190, 200, and even some red multilaps than the track 180.

Edited by llljulll
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most hardcore for me were:
# 169
# 170
# 175
# 178
# 180
# 190
the rest of the tracks were difficult, I don’t argue, but those tracks just killed me, but I managed through persistence.
😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31-5-2019 at 10:02 AM, Arcesus7 said:

 

 

Yesterday I unlocked Red Valley, but I'm still missing Gold on the multilaps 125 and 130.. I went back to get some trackmaster medals on White and Green Canyon to practice the environment a bit more, hopefully I can get those two multilaps soon... But slowly I'm losing faith in my ability to get this game done 1f602.png 

 

 

Currently i have 158 gold out of the first 160 tracks. Only two im missing are 125 and 130. They are hardest from the red series for me

Edited by Deaths_Trooper
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Currently i have 158 gold out of the first 160 tracks. Only two im missing are 125 and 130. They are hardest from the red series for me

 

 

Yeah I'm with you. I just unlocked the black series, and I still think that 125 is the hardest red track. More generally, I just hate multilaps.. the stadium maps for instance were all rather easy, but I spent most of my time on the two multilaps there, especially 155 since there is not much margin for error. 

 

For 130, I dunno if that will help you, but I managed to get gold by avoiding drifting as much as possible, and instead slowed down my car. The only drift I would make is the one right at the start before the chicane, and the one after the first huge jump. For the other curves, especially the big one before the second huge jump and the one right after that second jump, just slow down and drive around the corners without drifting. That helped me immensely. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, was just able to finish Track #180 only 0.03 seconds under the gold time, it was actually a pretty sloppy run. Those 2 boost pads with the turn way at the end of the track ruined 4 of my gold runs. Took around 4 hours for me to get it. Still have Track #175 and #178 to do, hopefully they are a little more kind to me. 

 

EDIT: Well, just did Track #178 in about 2 hours. I actually am quite consistent with the track except for the final wallride way at the end. Just need to finish #175 and #179 then I can finally move on to Lagoon.

Edited by Lithium_Lemon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9-6-2019 at 10:05 AM, Arcesus7 said:

 

 

Yeah I'm with you. I just unlocked the black series, and I still think that 125 is the hardest red track. More generally, I just hate multilaps.. the stadium maps for instance were all rather easy, but I spent most of my time on the two multilaps there, especially 155 since there is not much margin for error. 

 

For 130, I dunno if that will help you, but I managed to get gold by avoiding drifting as much as possible, and instead slowed down my car. The only drift I would make is the one right at the start before the chicane, and the one after the first huge jump. For the other curves, especially the big one before the second huge jump and the one right after that second jump, just slow down and drive around the corners without drifting. That helped me immensely. 

 

 

I tried your technique on 130 but it didn’t work me. What worked for me was do 1 fast lap, and play safe 2nd and 3rd laps.

i played safe by releasing gas before most drifts. That made them way more controllable for me. Not drifting was too hard for me. Thanks for the advice nonetheless. Also finished 125 so 160 golds now.

on to the blacks. Dear god...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I still have #175 to do (tried once yesterday for the first time, drove awefully, still got a medal, just not gold 😅), but I have to agree with the majority here that #178 is just brutal and unfair. It took me freaking 6 hours to get gold on that one, I kept messing up the walljumps (the trailers seem to have weird edges that can flip your car in a what seems rather random way), and messed up often in easy parts too. The track was so annoying! 

 

I did #180 yesterday. Still took me 3.5 - 4 hours, but the track is actually very fun to drive, so it never felt like a chore to attempt it over and over. The last 90 degree boost jump screwed me over several times... But, I got it 😁

 

Otherwise, I spent 2 hours on each of #172 and #176, and about an hour or less on each of the other tracks. Let's see how long it takes to get #175, and then it's off to Lagoon! 

 

 

For the record, Black Canyon is definitely easier overall though still the second hardest subseries so far, but only because Valley has those two tracks #178 and #180 that are mental. In Canyon, I spent 2.5 hours on #170 and for some reason I also had quite a bit of trouble with #166... 😳

 

 

 

Edit: #175 took me about 3 hours, not that bad for someone that hates multilaps in general 😅

Edited by Arcesus7
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to sound facetious, but does anyone actually like this game?  I realized during the red series that I had to try and find something about this game that was remotely enjoyable, but I still don't see it.  What keeps you guys going when you're beating your brains in restarting every few seconds?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, matdon said:

Not to sound facetious, but does anyone actually like this game?  I realized during the red series that I had to try and find something about this game that was remotely enjoyable, but I still don't see it.  What keeps you guys going when you're beating your brains in restarting every few seconds?

 

I enjoyed it a lot. Great game to play while listening to a song or a podcast. I'm kind of addicted to this type of games that you have to beat a timer.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you get past turn 1 consistently?  I've tried for 2 hours now and I've gotten over the first jump only 4 times.  I've tried letting off on the ramp, waiting til i land to accelerate, braking on the ramp, turning left then right before the ramp to try to level, nothing is working I can't get get into that turn on a decent line at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, matdon said:

Not to sound facetious, but does anyone actually like this game?  I realized during the red series that I had to try and find something about this game that was remotely enjoyable, but I still don't see it.  What keeps you guys going when you're beating your brains in restarting every few seconds?

 

I like the game a lot. It forces you to get better and better, to improve your skill. Racing against medal ghosts and your own ghost really pushes you to improve. The game is 100% deterministic, so it really comes down to improving your skill. There are no "bullshit" moments. 

 

I just like that in a game... I had a ton of fun with this game, but I'm not gonna lie, I also was very frustrated at times. :) 

 

 

4 hours ago, matdon said:

How do you get past turn 1 consistently?  I've tried for 2 hours now and I've gotten over the first jump only 4 times.  I've tried letting off on the ramp, waiting til i land to accelerate, braking on the ramp, turning left then right before the ramp to try to level, nothing is working I can't get get into that turn on a decent line at all.

 

Don't stop accelerating or you won't make it. You need to very gently tilt right when you are about to make the very first jump, so that your car will already turn right in the air, and once you land avoid drifting or steering into the grass. Don't break and don't let go of the gas. Don't try to take the curve too tightly or you'll drift and lose speed. That part up to the first quarter-pipe and the very end of the track are probably the most difficult parts of the track. Good luck!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Track 180 is starting to piss me off. There is one part I just can’t get through consistantly. It’s after the big wall jump, you need to go downhill and with full speed make it across the water. Ofcourse the road has the width of the car itself so you need to line yourself up perfectly without losing speed. Ridiculous! 99/100 attempts I fail at that part. Now my current record is 2.00.60, and I usually have a 3 second headstart on my own ghost after the wall jump, so I will get gold eventually, but are there any tips for this part of the track?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

*snip*

 

that is by far the hardest part of the track imho you'd have to be a god that get it right consistently...

 

You probably already know this but you don't have to land properly, the only important thing is that u make it over the water and through the gate somehow and if your car has flipped over or anything during the jump you can immediately respawn from that checkpoint and go from there. The gold medal ghost makes tons of mistakes so you will catch up quickly.

So you might not need full speed, the most important thing is lining up ur car to the exact centre. 

iirc I used to cut through the grass a bit to minimize the angle I had to turn my car and to have more time to position properly

 

Spoiler

0e4fxTI.gif

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Theladozz Thanks man, I’ll try that. I forgot to mention I play this game with the D-Pad. So every little tap left or right puts the car of the driving line. In the previous series I just released the gas a little bit to line myself up for jumps because full speed was never needed, but I need full speed for this part...

 

Edit: I did it 😁.

 

 

Not the best run, but who cares...

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

@Theladozz Thanks man, I’ll try that. I forgot to mention I play this game with the D-Pad. So every little tap left or right puts the car of the driving line. In the previous series I just released the gas a little bit to line myself up for jumps because full speed was never needed, but I need full speed for this part...

 

Edit: I did it 1f601.png.

 

 

Not the best run, but who cares...

 

GG dude. My run was not the best too lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.