Track #180.. !@#!%&

SnowFleurz

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I beat track 180 last night.. It was pretty damn hard but nothing that shouldn't be doable for anyone that has made it that far! The only difficult part for me was the extremely narrow jump right after the wallride and after that trying not to choke, which is incredibly easy to do at this point in the game. I'm expecting 190 to be much worse.

Here's a video of my run:

Nice run!

Personally I think #190 isn’t that hard. It doesn’t come close to #175 & #180 in terms of difficulty. But I never hear anyone talk about #186. That was for me the hardest track in the game. Anyway, good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Rui_One_544 said:

Finally done with the 200 Golds, after a ~1 year hiatus. Still half of the trackmasters left for platinum, I'll get there someday.

The tracks I hated the most, explained:

169 - the black canyon loops, single-handedly, almost made me broke a controller. I must have restarted this one close to a million times just because of that boost-to-loop at the beginning

170 - just unforgiving in general, with a double quarter pipe jump, and to finish things off with a double loop right at the end, this one really rustled my jimmies

172 - contrary to popular opinion, I found this harder than 178 or 180. that swamp area in the second half led me to some jesus take the wheel moments because of how hard it was to see the actual road

175 -  this one took me the most time to gold of them all, close to 6 hours. I must have spent at least half of that time just trying to figure out how to do the first big jump properly. f*ck this track

187 - the most annoying track of them all perhaps, driving on that wood for so long is pure pain

190 - I actually found this one to be the absolute hardest, despite it taking me a little bit less time to complete than 175, at around 5 hours. I consider the first half of this track to be a tier above black, I kid you not. this track is for big boys only

Honorable mentions:

66 - the first track that I remember giving me more trouble to get gold. good old days when I thought green was hard already

100 - the first multilap to make me go "f*ck multilaps"

125 - the track that made me quit the game about a year ago. I will never forget it and the generous amounts of salt that it caused me, with me constantly f*cking up on the third lap

166 - took me way more time to complete than it should have, kept f*cking up near the finish line, which made me mildly angry at times

Nice job! I'm really average at this game compared to most, but the trackmasters didn't take me too long. Well, I almost got through the first two Harry Potter audiobooks while doing them, but in fairness they're pretty short. :P  I thought white and green lagoon and canyon was mostly pretty easy.

• Like 1

Good job on getting the 200 golds ! Surprised 178 isn't on the list.

And yes, 50 Trackmasters won't be a problem at all if you managed to complete the whole campaign.

Again, sorry for the dificulty on some of the Red/Black tracks.

I'm really glad to see people still hunting the game though, 4 years after release. ?

• Like 1

I'm an "old" Stadium player, full disclaimer: I don't like much the other modes, I only play them to unlock the Stadium tracks and then try to get some good times there.

I came back to this game yesterday, completed the simple medals on #181-#190 (gold in 4 out of 10, #190 will be no joke....). I find the Lagoon mode quite infuriating. It is way less predictable and makes you feel less in control. The levels in wood tracks simply suck... I hope I'll unlock Black Stadium soon!

I'm also of the opinion that 50 trackmasters is a very easy achievement, I got the 50 of them by level #120 or so (~30 of them on stadium ofc, otherwise I would be doomed :D )

I wish there were more stadium tech maps, and also that the online community for custom tech maps would be bigger (does it exist?), I'm really tired of nadeo maps :\

Which reminds me, any way to import old ESL maps in Trackmania Turbo?

4 hours ago, closertim said:

Finally onto the black valley series,  track 169 and 170 sure were something to gold.  168 wasn't easy either.  Anyway , time to make track 178 my bitch. 

Nicely done! 

Good luck with #178. That one took me the longest (6 hours) but, what's worst, unlike #180 or other difficult tracks it just wasn't fun at all. Seems that other people didn't have trouble with that track at all for some reason, hope you are one of those players! :D

• Like 1

Funny how some here complain about spending hours on a track. I think I spent over 20h on some tracks :D. When playing this game when I got it as part of PS+, I thought I may finish it in August that year (2018). I'm now going to be glad if I complete it by August 2020 :D.

175 was definitely brutal. But then I got really stuck at 187. Then I didn't play for maybe like a year or so, and when I picked it up again, it seemed to go much better (like consistently). Still took me probably another 10h before I got Gold though :P. And now I'm stuck at 190. I'm probably pushing too hard in the beginning, because when I have a good run I'm already like 4 seconds ahead of Gold. Somehow I then still manage to screw it up during the rollercoaster part, which isn't even that hard. I'm pretty sure I'm over 10 hours already again on this one. Have been taking a break again now, so maybe after the break I'll manage better... And from what I read above, Stadium should be a (relative) breeze towards Platinum then.

This game was also designed by some true masochists though. Like having an inverted jump finish that consists of 3 finish lines side by side, and every single time you have a Gold run for the first time you crash into the poles in between those finishes :P.

Edited by ViperHD
  • Like 3

176 took approx 3 hours .

177 took 30 minutes,  

178 5 hours and counting,  my pb is .5 seconds off gold. I've been on many gold runs but have screwed it up by either the jump through the arch or the last drop before the last half pipe. 

Did 178, the run before I failed on the last turn.  I would post the video but have no idea how.  It's on YouTube.  179 didn't take long and now have 180. How can you make that long jump at the start more consistent,  seem to be getting it every 1 in 10.

After about 4 hours,  I completed track 180. Hardest bits were the jump at the start,  the narrow jump around mid way through and the last boost jump.  Fun track.  Final time was .03 seconds within gold.

Just notched 100 game hours so hopefully the next 20 tracks are quick

Edited by closertim
Updating

On 6/8/2020 at 3:11 PM, ViperHD said:

Funny how some here complain about spending hours on a track. I think I spent over 20h on some tracks :D. When playing this game when I got it as part of PS+, I thought I may finish it in August that year (2018). I'm now going to be glad if I complete it by August 2020 :D.

175 was definitely brutal. But then I got really stuck at 187. Then I didn't play for maybe like a year or so, and when I picked it up again, it seemed to go much better (like consistently). Still took me probably another 10h before I got Gold though :P. And now I'm stuck at 190. I'm probably pushing too hard in the beginning, because when I have a good run I'm already like 4 seconds ahead of Gold. Somehow I then still manage to screw it up during the rollercoaster part, which isn't even that hard. I'm pretty sure I'm over 10 hours already again on this one. Have been taking a break again now, so maybe after the break I'll manage better... And from what I read above, Stadium should be a (relative) breeze towards Platinum then.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if I hadn't spent that long on some tracks either. I checked my stats on the Ubisoft Club and I've spent an embarrassing number of hours on this game (though it's probably exaggerated by the time spent on the pause screen)

I've taken month-long breaks before, which I regret now cause I think if I'd stuck with it I'd probably have long finished by now, even with me being pretty mediocre. Like you said, a lot of the time you can have some really great runs, then just brush against a tree root or something and ruin the whole thing. :( With 190, the bits after the rollercoaster were what I was struggling with. The rollercoaster part isn't so bad if you aim slightly right just before the jumps. I often screwed up near the end when I get to the yellow hand pointing left, cause I'd leave my turn too late and crash into the bush.

4 hours ago, closertim said:

I'm having just as much trouble if not more with tracks 181-190. Maybe I'm just rubbish at the game.  Thought these tracks were going to be a walk in the park. 

I felt the same, mostly because I kept reading how difficult Valley was.. and once it was done, my mindset changed to "the worst is over, now let's finish this"... Wrong. ?

Black Lagoon is still very, very challenging, it's just not as bad as Valley (for the most part), but it's no walk in the park either... If you go into it thinking that you'll easily finish it, you will have a baaaaad time. 

With Stadium though... yeah, those last tracks are nothing in comparison :) 

• Like 3

So very true,  

This is how pretty much every track is turning out for me lately.  

Half an hour to learn and master individual checkpoints,  roughly.  

The next 3 hours finding out new ways to fail,  and retrying. Within the 3 hours have at least 5 gold runs but choke at the last corner.  

After the 4 hour mark get 1 fluke run that barely gets the gold medal.  

Currently at 186, which is causing me all sorts of issues.  

5 minutes ago, closertim said:

So very true,  

This is how pretty much every track is turning out for me lately.  

Half an hour to learn and master individual checkpoints,  roughly.  

The next 3 hours finding out new ways to fail,  and retrying. Within the 3 hours have at least 5 gold runs but choke at the last corner.  

After the 4 hour mark get 1 fluke run that barely gets the gold medal.  

Currently at 186, which is causing me all sorts of issues.  

#186 was the hardest track in the game for me. If you pass that one and #190 you’re almost there. The last 10 tracks are easy. And keep streaming ?.

• Like 2

On 17/06/2020 at 7:23 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

#186 was the hardest track in the game for me. If you pass that one and #190 you’re almost there. The last 10 tracks are easy. And keep streaming 1f601.png.

Just a quick update,  186 and 190 were very hard for me too. Something about driving on the sand feels like you have 0 control of your car.  190 the hardest bit was the jump right at the start,  couldn't line it up properly without losing too much speed.  Biggest time save was the jump onto the roller coaster part,  if you could nail it with only 1 jump you'd save 4 seconds.  Anyway,  onto the stadium tracks now,  so far the hardest track would be 178, then 186 then 180 and 190 roughly around the same.  

After approx 125 hours I'm done with the 200 golds. 191, 192 and 200 gave me some grief but stadium was kinda easy.  Only 35 TM medals to go.......

Edited by closertim
Update
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 0:26 AM, Charizarzar said:

I checked my stats on the Ubisoft Club and I've spent an embarrassing number of hours on this game

Damn, I didn't realize I could see that stat over there. I'm at almost a f*cking 300 hours :D.

Still stuck at #190 but again haven't played the last couple weeks. I'm probably a bit too ambitious trying to enter the rollercoaster at full speed. If you manage not to slow down on that curvy road right before it, you can jump all the way through that 'hole' and are immediately like 4 seconds ahead of gold. Problem is that I rarely get at that point :). And when I do, I'm getting so wound up that I mess up at later points where I normally would not mess up :P.

#186 was not that much of a problem as far as I recall. #187 was the one that I was stuck on the longest so far. Again probably was way too aggressive on it, and when coming back much later for some reason it clicked much better, almost consistently making it past halfway (that ship).

Those Ubisoft numbers are not accurate for playing time. When I was still in the red series I remember looking at it and was already at 229 hours. Which was total nonsense. Until the Black series I never spend more than an hour on a track. Pretty sure it counts idle time in the main menu, which makes sense because I leave my PS4 on all day. Even when I’m not playing. My total playing time is probably around 200 hours though. Screw the Black series.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

On 23/06/2020 at 3:28 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Those Ubisoft numbers are not accurate for playing time. When I was still in the red series I remember looking at it and was already at 229 hours. Which was total nonsense. Until the Black series I never spend more than an hour on a track. Pretty sure it counts idle time in the main menu, which makes sense because I leave my PS4 on all day. Even when I’m not playing. My total playing time is probably around 200 hours though. Screw the Black series.

Looks like you're doing more trackmaster medals.  I've been using your ghosts and have noticed your stats going up

53 minutes ago, closertim said:

Looks like you're doing more trackmaster medals.  I've been using your ghosts and have noticed your stats going up

Which proves my point these Ubisoft statistics aren’t accurate. I deleted and haven’t played the game since I got the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, ViperHD said:

Damn, I didn't realize I could see that stat over there. I'm at almost a f*cking 300 hours :D.

Still stuck at #190 but again haven't played the last couple weeks. I'm probably a bit too ambitious trying to enter the rollercoaster at full speed. If you manage not to slow down on that curvy road right before it, you can jump all the way through that 'hole' and are immediately like 4 seconds ahead of gold. Problem is that I rarely get at that point :). And when I do, I'm getting so wound up that I mess up at later points where I normally would not mess up :P.

#186 was not that much of a problem as far as I recall. #187 was the one that I was stuck on the longest so far. Again probably was way too aggressive on it, and when coming back much later for some reason it clicked much better, almost consistently making it past halfway (that ship).

The most difficult part in #190 the first 3 checkpoints if you manage to make it through the hole perfectly you'll be like 3~4 seconds ahead of gold medal, keep trying and eventually you'll make it , If you get through the hole perfectly you have a great chance to get gold medal 

Edited by Bullet_KwT

• 3 weeks later...