Track #180.. !@#!%&

SnowFleurz

I can see why people struggled so much with 180, I did too lol.

Just need 192-200 for the plat. The hardest tracks for me so far: 170, 180, 169 and 190. 

Valley and Canyon were equally challenging imo and Lagoon was no pushover because of 190 and 184 (the other tracks weren’t too bad). 

• 4 weeks later...

I got a Gold Medal on this track earlier today. It took me about 4 hours, and that's less than I had expected considering its notorious difficulty and the 10 hours I spent on Track #178 (the most I've spent on any track). xD

20 tracks left now. Almost there...

Edited by cr1s

I'm on 180 now having golds on all the others and it is by far the hardest one for me so far. That first jump took forever to get a somewhat consistent jump over it to get through the second gate. Now its all about nailing that island jump and the last 90 degree turn with the boost pads. I almost had gold once but the end screwed me up and I shot off the right side. 

Edit: I just got it. Took probably 5 hours total and 250 attempts and I'm literally shaking.

Edited by psycho_clank314
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to report my experience to anyone looking for some material on the plat difficulty. :D

The difficulty began at red series for me, where I spent hours on some tracks, so I didn't really believe I could even finish black series with silver medals, let alone get 200 golds. But once I actually got there, I was so good at the game that I was thinking "is this it?". lol Granted, some tracks gave me a lot of trouble, namely in black valley and black lagoon, but still, for me it was nothing close to what I thought the difficulty would be. For example, 180 took me about 30 minutes from first try to gold. 

So in short, judging from my experience, however "bad" you are at the game in the first 3/4 of the tracks, just keep trying and you'll for sure get it eventually. I ended up spending around 90 hours to 200 golds, judging by the Uplay tracker. :)

• 3 months later...

Yeah, this one was a track from hell ?:D Took me about 15 hrs to gold this one. The first few jumps, wall ride and the narrow cave jump were the worst parts of this stage, and thankfully they were all in the beginning. The long jump towards the end where you barely miss the platform above you and the sharp turn corner with the 2 turbo pads were also responsible for some of my ruined attempts. Quite a few here seem to have struggled with 178, while this one was hard too (6 hrs) it wasn't nearly as bad as 180, imo. I think 170 is slightly worse than 178. All I need is to gold 175 to complete all of Black Valley so then I can move on to Lagoon. ?

My gold run for track 180:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2020 at 9:50 PM, PapyChampy said:

Good job on getting the 200 golds ! Surprised 178 isn't on the list.

And yes, 50 Trackmasters won't be a problem at all if you managed to complete the whole campaign.

Again, sorry for the dificulty on some of the Red/Black tracks.

I'm really glad to see people still hunting the game though, 4 years after release. ?

I also thought 178 was pretty difficult. More than 180. Anyway thanks for making the platinum challenging but doable. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 25.7.2020 at 8:51 AM, Coma0985 said:

Also recently passed 180 track, the last jump is my pain 1f602.png

nice vids i know how it feels missing the jump after the 90 degree turn with 3 to 5 sec lead xD took me some effort to get the medals on this track as well

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

175, 176, 178 and of course, 180, were hellish, each took me few hours. But it's finally ocet. 19 gold medals to go.

Protips?

Use bands as both method of measuring your distance within the center of track and to control your line by simply bouncing of them in 175.

Drift on the starting ramp in 176 and be as precise as you can with that $4@#n antenna.

Make your turn wider in order to gain speed and stability at the start of 178, also, set and keep a successful angle at which you're approaching ramps.

And be lucky in 180. I was drained of any signs of life when I got that final valley medal.

In Lagoon, for certain, I won't like 187 for certain, those nasty lines... The rest looks, without aby doubt, a lot easier than Valley.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I joined this sh*t show of a map today... first thought the start is more of a lucky one but with trys and trys it gets better... but damn that double jump cave and the double boost corner near the end. now I understand all of the posters here. too many places to ruin the run! let's see how long this will take. wish all good luck, nerves, and a comfortable place to sit for hours :D 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so ive been slowly plugging through black canyon over the last 3 days and just have the last and apparently worst two left, only to find out theyre a fucking 2 minute & 2:30 golds respectively, please tell me they dont keep staying like this cause i dont know if i have in it me to do that many more a-b tracks that fucking long especially in the valley

update: so i did actually get the canyon done, and tried 180 out of curiosity, and yeah, no, all of these shitty jumps back to back to back is complete garbage, how the fuck am i supposed to actually do this

update 2: so after probably two and a half hours today & another hour/hour and a half yesterday i got it, it might be literally the worst possible gold medal run ever done, but i dont care, nothing about these black tracks are enjoyable and i genuinely dont want to play another one of these games after sitting through the ones ive already done, let alone the rest.

https://youtu.be/RS40rAyI-6g

Edited by TehUberCheezCatz
  • Like 1

On 2021-09-24 at 7:13 AM, TehUberCheezCatz said:

update 2: so after probably two and a half hours today & another hour/hour and a half yesterday i got it, it might be literally the worst possible gold medal run ever done, but i dont care, nothing about these black tracks are enjoyable and i genuinely dont want to play another one of these games after sitting through the ones ive already done, let alone the rest.

Haha great fighting run dude, I honestly didn’t even think it was possible getting gold with that many crashes!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the game again once you’ve passed the shitty ones!

• 3 months later...

I finally got track 180 done yesterday after 7 and a half hours of trying.

So far this is easily the hardest track I have attempted, no other track has taken me longer than 2 ½ hours until this one arrived and it sent me crazy doing it. Prior to this, tracks 169 & 179 were giving me trouble. I managed 178 just by constantly practicing the jumps via a checkpoint restart and that’s all there was to it.

Anyway back to track 180. The track is broken down into the following sections. In the end I beat the gold time by 3 seconds so there is plenty of room to make mistakes:

1.       Getting straight for the shortcut jump

2.       The wall ride / jump

3.       The cave double jump

4.       The mini ramp

5.       The boost to the road

6.       The boost to the grass u bend & mini hop

7.       The super boost

8.       The boost up the hill

9.       The 90 degree boost to the road

10.   The boost to the finish line

Getting through 1, 2 & 3 is the challenge, if you manage this you have a chance because 4-10 is relatively straight forward so long as you practice each bit. I kept practicing 4-10 until I was confident. Then all I had to do was make it through 1-3.

Tips:

Section 1: Tap direction to the right for a fraction to ensure that your car is tilting to the right going into the bend. Then switch to 1st person view to get your car aligned perfectly with the jump. I never used 1st person view in this game until this point but it easily quadrupled my successful attempts getting past this section because the camera angle does not help you at all with this.

Section 2: Get lined up to the far right and swing inwards before the end to get a nice jump. I would coast into the boost from section 1 to avoid hitting the barriers leading up to it.

Section 3: This section is absolutely horrible and the success of the run was all about this. After playing for over 6 hours this was total potluck. Sometimes I would get perfectly lined up but hit a stone near the checkpoint or I would hit the edge and go into the water. If the car loses control and bounces through the checkpoint get ready to smash the checkpoint restart, you hardly lose any time.

Section 4: Instinct is to accelerate your way past this but more likely my car would not grip the dirt and slide into the water at a 90 degree angle. I found it better just to slow down and make a decent turn into the ramp so that I was increasing my chance of success.

Section 5: Accellerate for about a second but let your inertia take you up the hill and align with arrow 4 & 5 to make the jump.

Section 6: Nothing to advise here as its white track type stuff.

Section 7: As soon as you cross the checkpoint hit the checkpoint respawn button. You are now perfectly aligned for the jump.

Section 8: Easy with practice

Section 9: The best approach I found with this was to keep my foot on the brake for both parts and keep it down till my car was aligned to the road, then release the brake to catapult yourself onto the road

Section 10: If you have made it this far just brake your way around the corner and do not hit the sides.

A whole bunch of those tracks between 175 and 190 were horrible. Boost into corner, corner into boost into jump, jumps where the landing area is precisely one car wide... 

Anyway, now I'm finally done and just have the stadium to go. Ripped through 191-194 in 45min, and would have 195 done but for a dumb mistake. 

Anyway, behold the ugliest run to ever achieve a gold time...

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, barra333 said:

A whole bunch of those tracks between 175 and 190 were horrible. Boost into corner, corner into boost into jump, jumps where the landing area is precisely one car wide... 

Anyway, now I'm finally done and just have the stadium to go. Ripped through 191-194 in 45min, and would have 195 done but for a dumb mistake. 

Anyway, behold the ugliest run to ever achieve a gold time...

Hey that gold medal is all that matters ?

This game looks wild man, is it as fun as it looks?

On 1/15/2022 at 7:19 PM, dieselmanchild said:

This game looks wild man, is it as fun as it looks?

It is really fun, except for about 10 tracks that are infuriating.

Bizarre difficulty curve though - it is hardest in the 161-190 range, then laughably easy (in comparison) for tracks 191-200. I even got a Trackmaster medal for track 199.