Track #180.. !@#!%&

SnowFleurz

47 minutes ago, Baker said:

This is a much cleaner run than mine on #190. 1f605.png Luckily the times are not too strict on most of the Black tracks.

The video reminds me a bit of my terrible gold medal run on #178 where I did the good old ‘smash your car into a rock and line yourself up perfectly’ trick. 1f602.png

Amazing rock trick at 1.18. With the ‘you mean to do that?’ comment right after. Answer: Yes.

That was some rock trick! 3 solid wall jumps got you that gold. RIP to your previous ghost though...

To prove I can drive clean ?, here is my 199 run.

Edited by barra333
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, barra333 said:

That was some rock trick! 3 solid wall jumps got you that gold. RIP to your previous ghost though...

To prove I can drive clean 1f603.png, here is my 199 run.

Nice run!

You know in hindsight of this game my biggest mistake was to follow the Super Track Master list from Spam and trying to copy that. Going into all turns at full speed trying to go as fast as possible. Which resulted ofcourse in many bumps and crashes. I have very few clean Gold medal runs. ? You can easily let go of the throttle in many turns and get the Gold medal easily.

Congrats with the platinum. This is still a very hard game imo.

17 minutes ago, Baker said:

Nice run!

You know in hindsight of this game my biggest mistake was to follow the Super Track Master list from Spam and trying to copy that. Going into all turns at full speed trying to go as fast as possible. Which resulted ofcourse in many bumps and crashes. I have very few clean Gold medal runs. 1f602.png You can easily let go of the throttle in many turns and get the Gold medal easily.

Congrats with the platinum. This is still a very hard game imo.

Thanks. 

Yeah, not going full YOLO on every corner is key. I lifted off the throttle going into the wallrides on that 199 run - I was sick of flying off the top of them at full throttle and I could see that I was getting to the end with several seconds to spare. That run just ended up having super clean loops at well. Probably going to keep the game installed and see how many trackmasters I can grab from the white/green/blue series.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I started 180 First when i unlocked the dirt Tracks because i have read it is the hardest Track. Took me 3 hours so actually Not that Bad imo.

169 is easily the hardest Tracks and the black Canyon Tracks in General were a pain. 169 Took me 2 days for Just this Track. 

Today I felt motivated and got 7 gold medals at Stadium Black. I hope to earn the remaining medals tomorrow!

Edit: I Got all 200 gold medals, that's no joke, but still Stadium Black is waaaay easier than Canyon, Valley and Lagoon.

Now, i need 25 trackmasters and i'm done :)

Edited by MegaMegu__
\©/
  • Like 1

On 27.6.2022 at 4:00 AM, MegaMegu__ said:

Today I felt motivated and got 7 gold medals at Stadium Black. I hope to earn the remaining medals tomorrow!

Edit: I Got all 200 gold medals, that's no joke, but still Stadium Black is waaaay easier than Canyon, Valley and Lagoon.

Now, i need 25 trackmasters and i'm done :)

Congratz! Done as well. Stadium was almost easier than Canyon and Valley red imo. Need around 30 trackmaster and this sweet plat is Mine.

Edited by CoregBlue
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy shit, I don't know what happened this weekend but I just got gold from track 175 to 180 in like 8 hours playing, I'm so happy and relieved right now. Of these, 178 was the one that took the most time (~3 hours), a lot of good runs died on that jump at the end. I was 2 seconds ahead gold on the final jump of 180 in the first 30 minutes playing the track, let's just say that the end caused 1-2 hours of frustation after. So far, 170 was the hardest one for me, fuck canyon loops.

Stadium shouldn't be a problem, I really like the environment, surely lagoon is going to be easy, right? 3x

Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2022 at 5:24 AM, Cruscah said:

Stadium shouldn't be a problem, I really like the environment, surely lagoon is going to be easy, right? 3x

Well done on making it this far! ? With Black Valley done, I can say with confidence that you can get the platinum. People usually say Black Lagoon is the final obstacle, and while it does have some tricky tracks, I'd say the two big threats are mainly Black Canyon and Black Valley. With Lagoon, you're pumped up and ready to finish the job so to speak! ?

Actually as I'm typing this, I took a look at your progress and Lagoon is done! Yeah, nice work! At this point, it's practically done. When I did Black Stadium, I found it frustrating, but that was mostly because I just wanted it to be over at that point! ?
I also see you need the 50 trackmasters but don't worry, I'd say the 200 golds pose the most daunting task. Since you're nearly done with finishing the Black series, going back to the White/Green tracks for the trackmasters should be a lot smoother.

The worst is over! You can do this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Well done on making it this far! 1f60e.png With Black Valley done, I can say with confidence that you can get the platinum.

Thanks, I think that I'll finally get it done today, just 3 more golds and 15 trackmasters.

3 hours ago, Shrooba said:

People usually say Black Lagoon is the final obstacle, and while it does have some tricky tracks, I'd say the two big threats are mainly Black Canyon and Black Valley.

Fully agree with you, Lagoon had some annoyances (especially that stupid start on 190), but it was a lot more easier than Canyon and Valley.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

This track really is the final hurdle.. Honestly it's rediculous how hard it is even if look at it first glance isn't so bad. 

The start of the track seems to be the biggest challenge but even on a clean run I've messed up 30/40 times. I know I can do it but the doubt is really setting in. Haven't felt challenges by a racing game in about 20 years minus Wipeout.

Edit - it's done. 6 hours all in all of the same track, only got to the end twice and one was silver and the other was gold by 5 seconds ?

Edited by MushuMixLipa
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just got a gold medal on Track #180. I'm not sure if it is considered the hardest one but it's the one I've read most players talk about being the biggest hurdle from the Black Series.

Honestly, I didn't spend more than an hour on it and it didn't feel like that for me.

Valley Black tracks from 171 to 179 kinda prepare you for this one. Sure it's hard and some jumps need to be very precise but I think the track is very well made.

On the other hand, Track #178 is not. The container jumps, mostly the first one, were very imprecise. I watched some videos to see where to jump, what buttons to input, etc, and still couldn't manage to do it accurately. One time I would do a perfect jump and then when I repeated EXACTLY what I did before, the car was just reacting completely different at the exit of the jump. On Track #180 this never happened. When I failed I knew it was totally my fault.

Also, in my opinion Valley wasn't as difficult as Canyon. Tracks like 175, 178 and 180 were obviously hard, but overall Canyon had way more harder tracks. Everything felt very challenging there. Maybe I'm just worst controlling that first car...

I guess that every player will have a different experience.

Overall, I didn't expect this game to be as difficult as it is. "Easy to pick, hard to master" is definitely a fitting quote from the devs! 

It will be my 3rd hardest platinum just next to the Meatboys and I'll finish it next weekend. 185/200 gold medals so it shouldn't take long now!

Below is my Track #180 run just in case it helps someone. One thing I didn't mention before is the checkpoint respawn mechanic. It's very useful and it saved me in a lot of runs, just like this one.

Edit: I've really been enjoying this experience and I'll be looking for some more challenging racing arcade-like plats so feel free to suggest me anything if you have.

Edited by zemiguelreis

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 10:06 PM, zemiguelreis said:

Just got a gold medal on Track #180. I'm not sure if it is considered the hardest one but it's the one I've read most players talk about being the biggest hurdle from the Black Series.

Honestly, I didn't spend more than an hour on it and it didn't feel like that for me.

Valley Black tracks from 171 to 179 kinda prepare you for this one. Sure it's hard and some jumps need to be very precise but I think the track is very well made.

On the other hand, Track #178 is not. The container jumps, mostly the first one, were very imprecise. I watched some videos to see where to jump, what buttons to input, etc, and still couldn't manage to do it accurately. One time I would do a perfect jump and then when I repeated EXACTLY what I did before, the car was just reacting completely different at the exit of the jump. On Track #180 this never happened. When I failed I knew it was totally my fault.

Also, in my opinion Valley wasn't as difficult as Canyon. Tracks like 175, 178 and 180 were obviously hard, but overall Canyon had way more harder tracks. Everything felt very challenging there. Maybe I'm just worst controlling that first car...

I guess that every player will have a different experience.

Overall, I didn't expect this game to be as difficult as it is. "Easy to pick, hard to master" is definitely a fitting quote from the devs! 

It will be my 3rd hardest platinum just next to the Meatboys and I'll finish it next weekend. 185/200 gold medals so it shouldn't take long now!

Below is my Track #180 run just in case it helps someone. One thing I didn't mention before is the checkpoint respawn mechanic. It's very useful and it saved me in a lot of runs, just like this one.

Edit: I've really been enjoying this experience and I'll be looking for some more challenging racing arcade-like plats so feel free to suggest me anything if you have.

Regarding Canyon vs Valley difficulty - I agree that Canyon was pretty steady in that, most tracks were really difficult and harder than most Valley tracks. On the other hand, the Big 3 of the Valley (175, 178, 180) I believe are much harder than anything I faced in Canyon (even though especially 169 and 170 on Canyon were absolutely brutal). 175 is a multilap, and oh man do I hate multilaps in general... this one though is not only with night view but also has some of the most difficult obstacles on any multilap in the game. 178 is pretty much as you say - pure randomness and super awkward jumps to do (especially those wretched ramps). And 180, while fair, combines extremely tough maneouvers to do (ramp jumps or sharp turns right after a turbo) with insane length, longest non-multilap track in the game. The focus and stamina you need for this one is unlike any other track. I do agree though it's super fun to play at the same time. 

I heard Lagoon and Stadium are easier than Canyon and Valley, hope it's true since Valley is really pushing me to my limits already

• 2 months later...

This thread is probably dead but thought I'd share my experience on this cursed track. I was 0.14 off gold. I messed up the landing off the container wall jump near the start - hitting the barrier and facing sideways so knew I had time to spare. The landings in following runs would be the same no matter how I approached the jump, as if it had been stored in its memory. The starts seemed to be easier with less restarts but being so close to gold thought I could make the time elsewhere but kept falling. Decided to go back to it the next day and its memory had cleared. Obviously some sort of bug which was strange as hadn't encountered any on other tracks. Anyway I finally got the gold after more hours of retries. Achieving golds on previous tracks felt good but this was more of the agony being over. 

Good luck to anyone going for the plat in this game.