Japanese games

neobowler

Wasn't sure the best place to post this. So thinking about trying to get some Japanese games to get easy trophies. I've never ordered anything Japanese. My questions are about how easy is it to set up a Japanese PSN account and if that's the best method? I found Playasia.com and anyone have any opinions on that site? Is it trusted and is there a better option to get better deals somewhere. I might sound dumb here, I just haven't done it before. Also any easy Japanese games to recommend?

Edited by neobowler
wasn't complete

Hello, A Japanese account may seem complicated at first, because everything is Japanese, but nothing you do not get used to.

What worries me most is the prices, maybe a Hong Kong account is better, since it is usually cheaper and a lot of the games are shared with Japan, just do a search first to confirm. In addition to the Hong Kong account being in English.

If you have already opened accounts in other regions have no secret, the path is the same only in another language

Physical media I did not buy many, only one outside of Brazil and was in china, I can not recommend a store in this sense.

ps: You can always use Google translator like I do xD

1 hour ago, WerneyPark said:

ps: You can always use Google translator like I do xD

Funny thing, I got error message at my Jaccount on console and struggle to translate it, because, well how to get letters?! I just found random Japanese text, post it in search engine and found all matching hieroglyphs then correctly translated.

I used Playasia twice for digital PSN cards and it's amazing - 2 minutes and you get a code.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

8 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Funny thing, I got error message at my Jaccount on console and struggle to translate it, because, well how to get letters?! I just found random Japanese text, post it in search engine and found all matching hieroglyphs then correctly translated.

I used Playasia twice for digital PSN cards and it's amazing - 2 minutes and you get a code.

I say use the translator only to set up the account and make purchases.

The menus are basically in the same place, but you can be insecure, so the translator can help.

In the console I just down the game and play in my account, usually to download is the last menu.

Spoiler

sLn_qeQVQ_ijaLgDh3TJaA.png

On the site the page in Portuguese stays like this. 

5 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Unfortunately I always get redirected at web site to home region store, so that I had to use console. 

This usually occurs in two situations.

The first one is to have your own store open, The second one and the browser to save your region in memory.

Try using google in privacy mode or clear browsers and see if it works, and have any account or login sony closed.

• Like 1

Just now, WerneyPark said:

This usually occurs in two situations.

The first one is to have your own store open, The second one and the browser to save your region in memory.

Try using google in privacy mode or clear browsers and see if it works, and have any account or login sony closed.

Helpful tips, thanks. I thought Sony website like Google, never allow you using preferable region, because I have "location" option disabled and it's always ask where I'm from, but still redirects to provider's region.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

What the hell are those prices? O.o

NCSX's prices aren't terrible.  Their average on PS4 regular edition Japanese games is about $60-80.  PS4's Trails of Cold Steel is just about $39, not far from the Japanese retail of $36-40.

Their customer service is good.

6 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Is that a good response to prices? I have no idea about import prices

Definitely not. Prices on that site are crazy expensive.

12 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

NCSX's prices aren't terrible.  Their average on PS4 regular edition Japanese games is about $60-80.  PS4's Trails of Cold Steel is just about $39, not far from the Japanese retail of $36-40.

Their customer service is good.

Sorry, but those ARE terrible prices. 

Even P-A which is considered to be most expensive one has much better prices.

40+ bucks even for old Vita titles is just nope.

For example, you can get 2-3 used Vita games for that price.

Their customer service may be good but you should pay for the game rather than service...

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Definitely not. Prices on that site are crazy expensive.

Sorry, but those ARE terrible prices. 

Even P-A which is considered to be most expensive one has much better prices.

40+ bucks even for old Vita titles is just nope.

For example, you can get 2-3 used Vita games for that price.

Their customer service may be good but you should pay for the game rather than service...

Where do you do your shopping? 

You're a goldmine of information(not surprising though lol), I don't know why I haven't asked you earlier