Royal Edition content missing ?

Feiryn-

Hey guys.

I need some help: I bought the Final Fantasy XV the day of its release in 2016 then I bought the Season Pass. Everything was okay, got no trouble.

I decided to buy the Royal Edition and not the Royal Pack on the Store and the moment I start the game, well there's nothing that has changed from the original game. When I check the "downloadable content" section, it tells me "installation of downloadable content is not yet complete. Wait until the installation is finished, then try again" which is weird because I already got the Season Pass and all. So I deleted the game and installed the whole thing again; the same thing happens. And I don't have any notifications about any DLC or whatsoever so I'm kinda in a bind here and I wanted to know if anyone here had the same problem ?

• Like 1

Nvm, I misunderstood what you meant.

Maybe you need to download the season pass again? If I read your post correctly that is what you're missing right? If you think you're missing content from the Royal edition, the difference with the base game is basically nothing until you get to chapter 14/15.

Edited by BakkerJ

Ah yeah I'm sorry, my English is not that great so maybe it's a bit confusing, my apologies.

Is it normal that I don't have any messages as to what has been added to the main game, or new controls ? I mean... ANYTHING to tell me that I actually have the extra content ? What do I need to do to access the new quests once I get to chapters 14/15 ? I've checked Insomnia, it's the same as in the main game...

1 minute ago, Aya said:

Ah yeah I'm sorry, my English is not that great so maybe it's a bit confusing, my apologies.

Is it normal that I don't have any messages as to what has been added to the main game, or new controls ? I mean... ANYTHING to tell me that I actually have the extra content ? What do I need to do to access the new quests once I get to chapters 14/15 ? I've checked Insomnia, it's the same as in the main game...

Personally I don't recall ever getting notifications on DLC being added. However you should be able to see, if extra content for a game was installed. When you go to your game library, games with extra content have a symbol of a little controller with a + symbol next to it as well as a number. That number shows the amount the extra content that was installed for that game.

I don't know how the royal edition is set up though, as it might just have the content integrated into the main game by default and as such would potentially not show the extra content in the library, because technically there wouldn't be extra content.

7 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Personally I don't recall ever getting notifications on DLC being added. However you should be able to see, if extra content for a game was installed. When you go to your game library, games with extra content have a symbol of a little controller with a + symbol next to it as well as a number. That number shows the amount the extra content that was installed for that game.

I don't know how the royal edition is set up though, as it might just have the content integrated into the main game by default and as such would potentially not show the extra content in the library, because technically there wouldn't be extra content.

Yep, I got 10 items out of 25. But that's the DLC from the Season Pass and some items. No traces of any Royal Pack or whatever

That's what I thought at the beginning, that maybe the extra content was included in the base game itself but i don't know, again I've wandered throughout Insomnia and nothing has changed. Apparently I have to fight a boss before Ifrit but I didn't have any boss, I just met Ifrit only. Plus, the first person view doesn't work.

5 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

The game told you something was installing. Wait until it's done installing. That's more than likely the Royal content you're looking for. Once it's done installing, if the Royal edition content still isn't there, then come back. 

But the thing is it's been more than 5 hours that this thing (if there is a thing) is installing, I don't have any clue as to what it is or how long it's gonna take. The weird thing is that when I installed the game again, the game wasn't fully installed, I couldn't access to the game at that time, it only told me to wait and there was a remaining time indicated in the upper right section of the screen. But here ? There's nothing. (i'm really sorry if this isn't understandable, my explanation isn't that great and my English doesn't help)

Also I've just noticed that all my items (like weapons or outfits) were downloaded and are in the game but not Episodes Ignis/Gladio/Prompto & Comrades weren't

2 minutes ago, Aya said:

Yep, I got 10 items out of 25. But that's the DLC from the Season Pass and some items. No traces of any Royal Pack or whatever

That's what I thought at the beginning, that maybe the extra content was included in the base game itself but i don't know, again I've wandered throughout Insomnia and nothing has changed. Apparently I have to fight a boss before Ifrit but I didn't have any boss, I just met Ifrit only. Plus, the first person view doesn't work.

But the thing is it's been more than 5 hours that this thing (if there is a thing) is installing, I don't have any clue as to what it is or how long it's gonna take. The weird thing is that when I installed the game again, the game wasn't fully installed, I couldn't access to the game at that time, it only told me to wait and there was a remaining time indicated in the upper right section of the screen. But here ? There's nothing. (i'm really sorry if this isn't understandable, my explanation isn't that great and my English doesn't help)

Also I've just noticed that all my items (like weapons or outfits) were downloaded and are in the game but not Episodes Ignis/Gladio/Prompto & Comrades weren't

Of course once you delete everything, it's all going to have to reinstall. You have to wait for things to install before you can play them. That's how things work. I know it takes a long time, and I know it doesn't tell you what it is, but all you have to do is wait for it all to install. That's it. Just leave the game on overnight or something, and it will hopefully be done in the morning.

2 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Of course once you delete everything, it's all going to have to reinstall. You have to wait for things to install before you can play them. That's how things work. I know it takes a long time, and I know it doesn't tell you what it is, but all you have to do is wait for it all to install. That's it. Just leave the game on overnight or something, and it will hopefully be done in the morning.

It really sucks, i hope you're right. I feel like it's more of an issue than anything else but oh well, I'll wait. It's not like I have any other choice anyway. I just wished I had a clue, damn

Some games does that, even tho the ps4 dashboard dosent show the game downloading/installing data, it is indeed downloading/installing remaining data. Last game who has done that to me is killing floor. Just wait and it will resolve itself :)

Edited by Tinyshade_QC

1 minute ago, Tinyshade_QC said:

Some games does that, even tho the ps4 dashboard dosent show the game downloading data, ii is indeed downloading remaining data. Last game game who has done that to me is killing floor. Just wait and it will resolve itself :)

Gosh, I hope you're right ! I'll wait a few hours then ! It's so frustrating though

5 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Did I undserstand it corctly that you bought the Royal Edition instead the Royal Pack?

If so, which version of the game did you install?

Maybe you have to download the Royal Edition and not the normal one.

I bought the Royal Edition yup but that was intentional. 

And which version, well I got the latest installed. And I bought the game physically, not on the PS Store

Just now, Aya said:

I bought the Royal Edition yup but that was intentional. 

And which version, well I got the latest installed. And I bought the game physically, not on the PS Store

Then did you get any DLC packs that haven't been installed yet?

Just to be sure, check if there is an update for the game. It shouldn't be but it's better to be sure.

23 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Then did you get any DLC packs that haven't been installed yet?

Just to be sure, check if there is an update for the game. It shouldn't be but it's better to be sure.

After checking, I've noticed the three episodes and the Comrades weren't downloaded so I'm downloading them again but apart from that, everything's good.

And yup, already checked, I'm up to date !

Edited by Aya

On 19-4-2018 at 0:52 AM, Aya said:

After checking, I've noticed the three episodes and the Comrades weren't downloaded so I'm downloading them again but apart from that, everything's good.

And yup, already checked, I'm up to date !

So what's the status update? Do you have the Royal Pack content now? I'm a bit curious...

6 hours ago, BakkerJ said:

So what's the status update? Do you have the Royal Pack content now? I'm a bit curious...

Nope, nothing has changed. I downloaded the three episodes + Comrades, it still doesn't show up, I got that same message when I want to access the downloadable content

Also I replayed the whole game again, apparently the Royal Pack changes should have occurred in chapter 14 but surprise, nothing happened, I got nothing new, I got the regular bosses, the normal ending, no extra cutscenes so that's great

Edited by Aya

7 hours ago, Aya said:

Nope, nothing has changed. I downloaded the three episodes + Comrades, it still doesn't show up, I got that same message when I want to access the downloadable content

Also I replayed the whole game again, apparently the Royal Pack changes should have occurred in chapter 14 but surprise, nothing happened, I got nothing new, I got the regular bosses, the normal ending, no extra cutscenes so that's great

Wow that sucks. It sounds like your game is broken in a weird way. You should go back to the store and ask for a refund. Good luck, I hope it all works out in the end.

Edit: By any chance, do you maybe have a normal version disc in your Royal Edition version? Did you buy a used copy?

Edited by BakkerJ

6 hours ago, BakkerJ said:

Wow that sucks. It sounds like your game is broken in a weird way. You should go back to the store and ask for a refund. Good luck, I hope it all works out in the end.

Edit: By any chance, do you maybe have a normal version disc in your Royal Edition version? Did you buy a used copy?

Unfortunetely, I bought the game on Amazon when it was released so I can't even ask for a refund knowing we have a deadline for returning games. I have a bad habit of buying games and play them months after I bought them, so I don't think I'll get something from this. It pisses me off a lot because it happens often with the games I've bought lately

And nope, I pre-ordered the game, but yeah the disc is the same as in FF XV, that surprised me a bit

Edited by Aya

Weird that you're having issues with the Royal Edition content, since it worked fine for me. I had a physical copy of Final Fantasy XV, and decided to purchase the Royal Edition of the game when it became available, since I was missing all of the DLC. It seemed like a good deal, since I got everything I was missing plus the Royal Edition content. I had no problems with the installation, and everything was working after the downloads were done. Final Fantasy XV aside, I've never even experienced the aforementioned error before in any game.

Do you by any chance have multiple regional accounts on your PlayStation 4 (for example; a European account, an American account, and an Australian account)? If so, is there any chance you may of mixed up some regions? Because DLC purchased from a different region won't work with a game from another region. For example, European DLC will not work with an American game. But I'm sure you know this already anyway, since this is common knowledge.

Either than that, I would try reinstalling again. And if the issue still isn't resolved, your best bet is to contact Square Enix support. Once you get through their weird support requests, they finally give you some open space to talk specifics on your issue. And they usually reply within a day too. I've used their support system before, and it was really helpful. So, I'd recommend it!

Sorry if this wasn't very helpful, I thought I would just provide some insight on how this worked out for me. In case you are curious, my copies of the game are from New Zealand.

Edited by ddracarys

On 21/04/2018 at 5:00 PM, ddracarys said:

Weird that you're having issues with the Royal Edition content, since it worked fine for me. I had a physical copy of Final Fantasy XV, and decided to purchase the Royal Edition of the game when it became available, since I was missing all of the DLC. It seemed like a good deal, since I got everything I was missing plus the Royal Edition content. I had no problems with the installation, and everything was working after the downloads were done. Final Fantasy XV aside, I've never even experienced the aforementioned error before in any game.

Do you by any chance have multiple regional accounts on your PlayStation 4 (for example; a European account, an American account, and an Australian account)? If so, is there any chance you may of mixed up some regions? Because DLC purchased from a different region won't work with a game from another region. For example, European DLC will not work with an American game. But I'm sure you know this already anyway, since this is common knowledge.

Either than that, I would try reinstalling again. And if the issue still isn't resolved, your best bet is to contact Square Enix support. Once you get through their weird support requests, they finally give you some open space to talk specifics on your issue. And they usually reply within a day too. I've used their support system before, and it was really helpful. So, I'd recommend it!

Sorry if this wasn't very helpful, I thought I would just provide some insight on how this worked out for me. In case you are curious, my copies of the game are from New Zealand.

Yup, I have a European (my main), a US and a Japanese account. But why would it be mixed up ? I mean, I bought the Royal Edition on French Amazon and my FF XV copy is from UK but all the DLC I bought on the French PS Store worked fine

And I already reinstalled everything twice, I honestly don't want to go through that again, my network is really slow I can't wait a few days for the updates ahem (i think i waited enough already *coughs*)

I haven't considered contacting them but yeah that might be a solution ! Thank you !

Edited by Aya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aya said:

Yup, I have a European (my main), a US and a Japanese account. But why would it be mixed up ? I mean, I bought the Royal Edition on French Amazon and my FF XV copy is from UK but all the DLC I bought on the French PS Store worked fine

And I already reinstalled everything twice, I honestly don't want to go through that again, my network is really slow I can't wait a few days for the updates ahem (i think i waited enough already *coughs*)

I haven't considered contacting them but yeah that might be a solution ! Thank you !

That is understandable, I honestly wouldn't want to go through reinstalling Final Fantasy XV a third time either. Especially considering how large the game is. You're very welcome, though I feel I didn't help you much anyway. Since the French DLC worked for you before, there should be no issues then. If you decide to contact Square Enix Support, do let me know how it goes. Make sure to thoroughly explain the situation, giving them as much specifics as possible (such as error codes). This will ultimately help them, help you!

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem as @Aiming-Amy ... Everything worked fine on my old Playstation 4, now I wanted to return to the game on my PS4 Pro but I can't access the Downloadable content in the game. Yes I'm 100% sure I downloaded it and every other game works fine. 
The game says for days: "Installation of downloadable content is not yet complete. Wait until the installation is finished, then try again."

Any suggestions? 

4 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

I have the same problem as @Aiming-Amy ... Everything worked fine on my old Playstation 4, now I wanted to return to the game on my PS4 Pro but I can't access the Downloadable content in the game. Yes I'm 100% sure I downloaded it and every other game works fine. 
The game says for days: "Installation of downloadable content is not yet complete. Wait until the installation is finished, then try again."

Any suggestions? 

You're gonna laugh but actually I had the problem I got because my fucking useless brain of mine forgot that there was a code to put on the PS Store to actually get the Royal Pack. Have you done that first ? xD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aiming-Amy said:

You're gonna laugh but actually I had the problem I got because my fucking useless brain of mine forgot that there was a code to put on the PS Store to actually get the Royal Pack. Have you done that first ? xD

Yeah I have done that but nevertheless I found a solution for the problem. I had to download all the DLCs from the Browser-Version of the PlaystationStore straight to my Playstation. After that everything worked fine. 
Very weird problem, but I'm not the only one who had this problem. Found little bit on google. 

6 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Yeah I have done that but nevertheless I found a solution for the problem. I had to download all the DLCs from the Browser-Version of the PlaystationStore straight to my Playstation. After that everything worked fine. 
Very weird problem, but I'm not the only one who had this problem. Found little bit on google. 

If it worked for you it's really great ! Very weird though, indeed.