God of War Discussion Thread

Dwightsarmy14

Well, going by the list, it seems like the last boss could be Balder and not someone like Odin.  Yet, there is a trophy for defeating Odin's Ravens... whoever or whatever they might be (not 100% familiar with Norse mythology).  Heck, based upon the list, it doesn't seem like Kratos will fight many of the gods in question, nothing about Thor, Loki or even Heimdel for that matter.

But regardless, the list seems pretty straight forward, only thing I can think of that could be annoying are those trials, if they're anything like trials from the previous games.

Edit: I was just looking up, as I was curious.  It says there, to kill all of Odin's Ravens, but from what I was trying to find out, he only has two Ravens.  Unless there are other ravens or not.

Edited by DrakeHellsing

Balder began to suffer from terrible dreams that threatened him with death. Fearing for his safety, Frigg asked everything in creation, whether living or not—including animals, birds, stones, wood, and metal—to take an oath not to hurt Balder. There was only one thing that she did not ask to make such a promise: the mistletoeplant. Frigg thought that the mistletoe was too young to take an oath.

After everyone and everything had taken Frigg's oath, the gods would amuse themselves by throwing things at Balder because they knew nothing could harm him. However, the evil god Lokidecided to find a way to hurt Balder. Loki transformed himself into an old woman and went to visit Frigg. The old woman asked if it was true that all things had taken an oath not to hurt Balder. Frigg admitted that she had not asked the mistletoe to take the oath. Loki then went to the place where the mistletoe grew and took atwigfrom it.

Next, Loki approached Balder's blind brother Höd (or Hodur) and asked why he was not throwing things at Balder like everyone else. Höd replied that he could not see Balder, and besides, he had nothing to throw. Loki then handed Höd a dart he had made from the mistletoe and offered to guide Höd's hand as he threw it. The dart struck Balder and killed him instantly.

If this plays out are we going to get help from Loki!!! :)

Read more: http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Ar-Be/Balder.html#ixzz5D6w5nzBl

1 minute ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

its truly easy platinum.

really good game.

Everyone must try this masterpiece.

this game won't let you fall!?

The trials are they a bitch ?!

1 minute ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I mean I don't care about that lol. I personally wouldn't wanna rush this beautiful masterpiece but damn. almost 2 days early

2 days? nope, first trophy on 13th and platinum on 14th. Still 12 hours remaining here...plus another 16 for me to finish at work :D

Edited by Metal_Lord

2 minutes ago, Mersang said:

Hey, everybody

You can definitely enjoy more than 50 hours of fun in this game.

I just try to put the speed up the fastest

This is my second God of war Platinum1f601.png

Are those trials a bitch or pretty doable? Unless it's heavy spoilers just ignore my question ?

Grats on the platinum though, thats damn fast

42 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Heck, based upon the list, it doesn't seem like Kratos will fight many of the gods in question, nothing about Thor, Loki or even Heimdel for that matter.

I think Thor and the Midgard Serpent kill one another at Ragnarok, and Heimdall kills Loki. So you wouldn't expect to kill any of those guys this early if they're at all drawing on the myths.

5 minutes ago, DonGurke93 said:

No trophy for the hardest difficulty but there is one for Trials which in my opinion were always more difficult. 

"Were" yes xD

Nowadays the baby gamer cry a lot if a trophy is to hard, so i guess i would be no problem.

But yeah the trails/challenges were always cool and hard, but the hardest were in God of War 1.

So easy platin, but so terrible without a difficult related trophy, as a gamer something like that sucks, even its a possible GOTY :D

Edited by Durandart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Balder began to suffer from terrible dreams that threatened him with death. Fearing for his safety, Frigg asked everything in creation, whether living or not—including animals, birds, stones, wood, and metal—to take an oath not to hurt Balder. There was only one thing that she did not ask to make such a promise: the mistletoeplant. Frigg thought that the mistletoe was too young to take an oath.

After everyone and everything had taken Frigg's oath, the gods would amuse themselves by throwing things at Balder because they knew nothing could harm him. However, the evil god Lokidecided to find a way to hurt Balder. Loki transformed himself into an old woman and went to visit Frigg. The old woman asked if it was true that all things had taken an oath not to hurt Balder. Frigg admitted that she had not asked the mistletoe to take the oath. Loki then went to the place where the mistletoe grew and took atwigfrom it.

Next, Loki approached Balder's blind brother Höd (or Hodur) and asked why he was not throwing things at Balder like everyone else. Höd replied that he could not see Balder, and besides, he had nothing to throw. Loki then handed Höd a dart he had made from the mistletoe and offered to guide Höd's hand as he threw it. The dart struck Balder and killed him instantly.

If this plays out are we going to get help from Loki!!! :)

Read more: http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Ar-Be/Balder.html#ixzz5D6w5nzBl

The trials are they a bitch ?!

For the game content,its not released in my country for now,So i can't tell you more sorry

But you can ask my friend @Mersang from below,he played about 5 rounds?

Edited by Sakura_p789cs

1 hour ago, Durandart said:

"Were" yes xD

Nowadays the baby gamer cry a lot if a trophy is to hard, so i guess i would be no problem.

But yeah the trails/challenges were always cool and hard, but the hardest were in God of War 1.

So easy platin, but so terrible without a difficult related trophy, as a gamer something like that sucks, even its a possible GOTY :D

I still have nightmares from the first 2 game trials

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

I got mine yesterday, but unfortunately, I can't play it until tomorrow, due to work -_- 

you will be before me. Girlfriend got me a copy for our anniversary but says I cant have it till the day of the anniversary which is the 25th lol. Kill a god for me