Let's Talk: Monster Hunter: World

DNA-VL

Now with the recent arrival of Kulve Taroth and random weapon drops, Monster Hunter: World has once again refreshed itself and has gained my interest. The Spring Festival had just come and we are still treated with FREE new content, if this continues throughout the year i must say MH:W is a must play for anyone looking to invest time into a solid game.

To begin with i was a Insect Glaive user but slowly found myself liking the Switch Axe, Sword & Shield and Hunting Horn but eventually i see myself learning and liking every other weapon. The countless armor builds though was what mainly kept me playing, trying to look "badass or cool" was one thing but trying to look bad ass with the needed skills without looking pure trash was another. Hunting monsters was fun, hunting elder dragons was epic but hunting tempered monsters and elder dragons was intense and exciting, the decoration grinding though is quite draining though but it didn't really bother me.

As for trophies i'm still working on those Crowns but i haven't let that become the clear focus especially after reading a few other users frustration with crowns. So with this being my first MH game i must say i loved the game and experience and now consider myself a fan now and I know its quite early to say but currently its my GOTY as of now, if i had to rate it... 9.5/10.

Edited by DNA-VL
  • Like 2

It's just a fantastic adventure/beast slaying game, and is the best in the series. There really isn't much to complain about, even as a big fan of the series. Most people who don't like it just don't like the concept of repeatedly hunting monsters and stuff like that, which is fine. Definitely one of the best games of the year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ManaFear said:

It's just a fantastic adventure/beast slaying game, and is the best in the series. There really isn't much to complain about, even as a big fan of the series. Most people who don't like it just don't like the concept of repeatedly hunting monsters and stuff like that, which is fine. Definitely one of the best games of the year.

I agree, i did talk some of my friends into buying it but most of them struggled to get into it.

Some didn't like the graphics and some thought the combat was clunky.

9 minutes ago, chellesan said:

its my first monster hunter to, and i say i like it much, but i did now the basics allready from games like god eater or toukiden

i played a bit of God Eater and it did feel a little similar now that i recall.

56 minutes ago, DNA-VL said:

I agree, i did talk some of my friends into buying it but most of them struggled to get into it.

Some didn't like the graphics and some thought the combat was clunky.

I also agree and I'm also the same as you talking friends into it just for them to say its too predictable and at times too hard without even getting halfway throguh the story. 

I am thoroughly impressed by the events and amount of content being added for FREEEEEEEEEEEE and can see mhw being goty 2018.

• Like 1

Had trouble getting into it. I don't mind repetitive stuff or anything like that, so don't think that was it. Can't really say what it was. However, I have told myself I'll give it another chance in the future after I get some other stuff done. :) I think the fact I'm willing to give it a second chance later says something.

Edited by Spyro

48 minutes ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I also agree and I'm also the same as you talking friends into it just for them to say its too predictable and at times too hard without even getting halfway throguh the story. 

I am thoroughly impressed by the events and amount of content being added for FREEEEEEEEEEEE and can see mhw being goty 2018.

Yeah a lot of gamers i know have short attention spans, one friend of mine even said single player games were boring lol, they cant seem to focus in on one game without slowly going back to NBA 2k18Call of Duty or Fortnite..

I cant agree more, not only is it FREE but its good FREE content - Megaman colab, Horizon Zero colab, Ryu & Aloy skin, goofy items, CAPCOM came through with this one, i cant wait for the Devil May Cry colab and future monsters.

9 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Had trouble getting into it. I don't mind repetitive stuff or anything like that, so don't think that was it. Can't really say what it was. However, I have told myself I'll give it another chance in the future after I get some other stuff done. :) I think the fact I'm willing to give it a second chance later says something.

That's understandable, i think what heavily contributed to my experience was playing with 2 friends of mine . . 

• Like 1

This is the only game that has turned me into a game addict. My family was beginning to worry. I was beginning to worry. I sunk more than 330 hours into the game, and I had a great time. It's more fun playing with others, especially the crown grind. It haven't found the right balance of getting my skills onto gear that looks nice, but I also haven't put in the time to figure that out. And I never did the tempered grind as well. I fought a solid 50 and only got 1 Bow related augment. Of course, now that tempered monsters are a bit more difficult, I might pass on this part of monster hunting.

I came back for the Kuvle goddess, and was a bit disappointed because it can get a bit stale in the beginning, but was really exciting at the last area (I only got there once). I haven't gotten any Kuvle Bow weapons yet, so I'll run it a few more times until I do. I haven't checked out what the other weapons look like. I don't want it to ruin the surprise when I do eventually get Bow.

Capcom is doing a fine job getting some people back for the events. It probably wasn't the greatest time though, since most people are probably invested in God of War. But it's okay, we can play 2 games at once, right? For me, this is a 10/10

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

Amazing.

This is the only series ever where just the raw gameplay alone could engage me for over 200 hours per release. (915h in MHFU :jaymon:)

I love games with attention to detail. Not in visual design, like most reviewers use the term, but in actual gameplay mechanics.

I will never forget how I hid from an enemy in Metal Gear Solid 4 back in 2008 and smoked a cigarette ingame - and the enemy fucking smelled it!

That was the moment where I realized how immersive this attention can be.

Later the same year I discovered Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, and rest, as they say, is thousands upon thousands of hours of not getting a god damn rathalos ruby in this great ass ga- history.

History.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 5:37 PM, Edunstar84 said:

This is the only game that has turned me into a game addict. My family was beginning to worry. I was beginning to worry. I sunk more than 330 hours into the game, and I had a great time. It's more fun playing with others, especially the crown grind. It haven't found the right balance of getting my skills onto gear that looks nice, but I also haven't put in the time to figure that out. And I never did the tempered grind as well. I fought a solid 50 and only got 1 Bow related augment. Of course, now that tempered monsters are a bit more difficult, I might pass on this part of monster hunting.

I came back for the Kuvle goddess, and was a bit disappointed because it can get a bit stale in the beginning, but was really exciting at the last area (I only got there once). I haven't gotten any Kuvle Bow weapons yet, so I'll run it a few more times until I do. I haven't checked out what the other weapons look like. I don't want it to ruin the surprise when I do eventually get Bow.

Capcom is doing a fine job getting some people back for the events. It probably wasn't the greatest time though, since most people are probably invested in God of War. But it's okay, we can play 2 games at once, right? For me, this is a 10/10

Yeah the game does get addictive, i think the last game i spent this many hours on was Bloodborne & The Witcher 3 and i heavily agree on the game being much more fun with others especially friends. Tempered monsters are difficult but i enjoy the extra challenge since the ordinary ones do get quite easy at end game.

On 4/20/2018 at 7:40 PM, Schwifty Swifty said:

Amazing.

This is the only series ever where just the raw gameplay alone could engage me for over 200 hours per release. (915h in MHFU :jaymon:)

I love games with attention to detail. Not in visual design, like most reviewers use the term, but in actual gameplay mechanics.

I will never forget how I hid from an enemy in Metal Gear Solid 4 back in 2008 and smoked a cigarette ingame - and the enemy fucking smelled it!

That was the moment where I realized how immersive this attention can be.

Later the same year I discovered Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite, and rest, as they say, is thousands upon thousands of hours of not getting a god damn rathalos ruby in this great ass ga- history.

History.

Very understandable, in my opinion raw gameplay in today's games are overlooked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Splathew said:

It's going to be a game I play off and on all year. It was the ONLY game I played for over a month when it came out. Just keep sprinkling in new content and I will keep coming back.

I couldn't agree more, i spent a ridiculous amount of hours in the first month.

• Like 1

You know a game's great when you spend 100 hours playing but it feels more like 20. Even when I eventually plat it (not too far away now), I can see myself coming back to it every time there's a cool event going, a new monster, a game collaboration, etc. It's also great to play with a friend when you just feel like talking to them for a few hours. Prior to playing MHW, I didn't think I was all that into these kinds of games. My mind has definitely been changed about that. I'm glad Capcom found success with this newest entry - they deserve it.

• Like 1

I'm having a blast with Kulve Taroth, I just hope I can get the rank 8 charge blade before it ends, got 5 duals and tons of hammer and glaives so please game drop for me :P

Was a good run.

20 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

You know a game's great when you spend 100 hours playing but it feels more like 20. Even when I eventually plat it (not too far away now), I can see myself coming back to it every time there's a cool event going, a new monster, a game collaboration, etc. It's also great to play with a friend when you just feel like talking to them for a few hours. Prior to playing MHW, I didn't think I was all that into these kinds of games. My mind has definitely been changed about that. I'm glad Capcom found success with this newest entry - they deserve it.

As my mate here said, after 480 hours I still have a blast every time I dive back into it, also don't forget to flame on, Dante is on :P

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 4:32 AM, Mah2c said:

I'm having a blast with Kulve Taroth, I just hope I can get the rank 8 charge blade before it ends, got 5 duals and tons of hammer and glaives so please game drop for me :P

Lol i want a Rarity 8 Glaive, only gotten a Charge, Dual Blade and 2 Horns - i keep getting tons of swords and shields and bows though

19 hours ago, DNA-VL said:

Lol i want a Rarity 8 Glaive, only gotten a Charge, Dual Blade and 2 Horns - i keep getting tons of swords and shields and bows though

Yeah, I'm confident the game somehow knows our preferences, believe it or not but I have 8 streamstones for glaives, 4 of then being gold. Do you remember the attack power and the hidden element for the charge blade?