What are some hard PS4 or PS3 Platinums without multiplayer trophies?

Thiccy_Chungus

Hi all, this is my first time writing on this site and I just wanted to know if anybody knows of any games for the ps3 and ps4 that have hard platinum trophies in which the trophy list of these games have no online trophies to be obtained. Thanks in advance I just feel as though my trophy record should be slightly more impressive ?

• Like 1

What types of games do you enjoy playing? Gonna list some for you anyway.

PS4:
Super Meat Boy
Downwell
Furi
Bound

Curse N Chaos

PS3:
Vanquish

Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Catherine (x2)

Both:
Pier Solar and the Great Architects

Chariot

Geometry Wars 3

Stealth Inc.
Stealth 2

• Like 4

Thanks for all your replies, The kinds of games I enjoy are 3rd person shooters like Uncharted/Resident Evil 5. But I pretty much enjoy all kinds of games besides music or sports games e.g. fifa or guitar hero. I don't mind a little bit of grinding here and there but nothing too extensive. Surprisingly I already have some of the games mentioned so that helps a lot.

Edited by ObligatedOctopus
  • Like 1

Dang you people make me so proud of having SOTC HD platinum. But yes that thing was harddd.

53 minutes ago, ObligatedOctopus said:

Thanks for all your replies, The kinds of games I enjoy are 3rd person shooters like Uncharted/Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a good challenge ?

• Like 1

Lumo (I dont know if it is hard, but the completion rate says so)

OlliOlli2 (there is only one Online trophy. very easy, everyday there is a new track you can set a highscore. U could fail and it still counts. repeat 7 times)

The evil within 1 (Haven't played it yet, but akuma mode seems pretty challenging)

Titan Souls 

Geometry wars 3 (has 2 coop trophies, which cannot be done online ..and there are some trophies which require being online so your scores count on the leaderboard)

Super Meat Boy

Matterfall

Shadow Complex Remastered

Furi

Nex Machina

Wolfenstein 2

• Like 1

Is this a general question or are you genuinely interested in completing hard games on your account.

The reason I ask is your completion rate is quite low - 41.46% and you have many challenging games on your account already.

Recommendations on your current list (achieving 100% in these will cancel out your My Name is Mayo Plat ?)

Metal Gear Solid V - whilst there are online trophies you can do these solo.

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 - Great games that provide a good challenge.

Catherine - Not played it yet but it's on my backlog, very challenging.

The Evil Within - Another game on my backlog that I'm looking forward to dedicating time to, all I've heard about that is Akuma mode

Devil May Cry 1 to 3 - Great hack 'n' slash games, whilst they are old they still play extremely well (except the second). DMC 1 and 3 are proud platinums to have on your account.

Super Meat Boy - Yes I have this too. Obtain the platinum for this one and I'll put a nod in your direction

See if you can crack that list. Best of luck!

Just going to note some that hasn't been mentioned!

PS4:

• Fenix Furia
  • N++
  • Hand of Fate

PS3:

• Spelunker HD
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes
  • Medieval Moves (Move)
  • Sports Champions (Move)
Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Great list! Pretty much covers all of the hard games offline games I could think for PS3. ?

I can personally vouch for Vanquish, Mirror's Edge, Star Ocean The Last Hope and Rayman Origins being pretty hard.... especially Vanquish (since I have yet to finish Challenge 6) and Star Ocean The Last Hope (the game is hard in itself, trophy battles + legendary grind).

I didn't found Demon Souls and Dark Souls to be THAT hard to be honest. I mean the games are hard but the trophies are manageable and don't require anything outlandish. Surprised to see Batman Arkham City on there as well.

Let's be honest, Souls games and Rayman Origins is pretty damn easy... No idea why Rayman Origins is even brought up. Is it the time trials? It's the only fun part of that game IMO, which was fun, but every level was made for time trial and most took like 30 secs to around a minute, and the more difficult or long the level, the more extra time you got. In the latter levels it was just about getting an okay run, and you'd beat the time. You just start from the beginning, try to do the level quickly, if you mess up you try again and just fix what you messed up last time until you make it to the end. Then do next level. Each failed attempt set you back some few 20-30 secs, and before you know it the level is over and you're on to the next.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Let's be honest, Souls games and Rayman Origins is pretty damn easy...

Well, as far as trophies go, I consider the Souls series to be pretty normal. They have never asked for anything out of the ordinary (at least until DS2, which is the most I have played so far) and their grinds are pretty approachable as well. I mean, just look at the rarity of the platinum for these games, they are fairly common overall.

Rayman Origins was alright for me. Not too easy, not too hard...but believe I've seen people suffering a lot with that little game xD I guess how approachable it is would depend on your skills for platformers in general. 

Just now, Honor_Hand said:

Rayman Origins was alright for me. Not too easy, not too hard...but believe I've seen people suffering a lot with that little game xD I guess how approachable it is would depend on your skills for platformers in general. 

Even in terms of platformers, it was pretty easy. Not without reason the plat is nearing 12% with over 100k people playing it. I guess people cry because they don't do the speedruns on first try. Got no idea why they cry about that, it's just to try again and they lost some few seconds, next run they likely make it past that and get further until they beat the level. And while this sounds like practicing and practicing until you get really good at it, it's really not, it's just some quick trial and error until you learn how to get through the level. Each level likely taking you around 5-10 minutes.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Even in terms of platformers, it was pretty easy. Not without reason the plat is nearing 12% with over 100k people playing it. I guess people cry because they don't do the speedruns on first try. Got no idea why they cry about that, it's just to try again and they lost some few seconds, next run they likely make it past that and get further until they beat the level. And while this sounds like practicing and practicing until you get really good at it, it's really not, it's just some quick trial and error until you learn how to get through the level. Each level likely taking you around 5-10 minutes.

Agreed! :)

Did a quick check on my profile and I would also recommend the following games:

- Guitar Hero Van Halen: OP mentioned he liked music games and that he is looking for hard games, well, then look no further. This game can technically be done offline if you have enough people and instruments. Good luck on that though!

- Devil May Cry: I found this game to be pretty hard as well. Haven't played the third one yet so really can't compare. Remeber having done multiple playthroughs just to get a bunch of healing items for the Dante Must Die playthrough. And it was still hard as hell.

- 3D Dot Game Heroes: The Spelunker 1-hit kill mode can be quite hard if you don't have experience in this kind of games...or if you don't have the Giga Sword maxed out. There were a number of kinda demanding trophies in this game related to defeating each of the bosses without taking damage, completing the Bestiary and a number of mini-games activities as well. I wouldn't say it was ultra hard but that it could turn off some people.

- Dyad and Retro/Grade: Not sure if PSN games count but I thought about recommending these 2 for hard music/rhythm games that the OP might enjoy. Dyad has a pretty hard plat and retro/grade only requires 100% completion. Both are pretty good if you are into this kind of thing.

- Cross Edge: this game (that I'm playing right now...) has a difficulty score of 10 on another popular trophy site. It is basically a not-very-good JRPG (to put it nicely). Stingy requirements for a good ending, a huge grind coupled with tedious gameplay make this game one to avoid actually. Just thought about throwing it out here since it fits the bill of what you asked for.