PS4 Pro turning on issue - Help

GazCBG

Hi,

I am having an issue with my PS4 Pro and wondered, if anyone had this issue and know how to fix it, or what it was.

The issue:

When I turn on the PS4 Pro, it beep and the blue light comes on then turn straight off.

To get another chance at turn it back on, I need to unplug the power cable and back in, I will either do the above again and repeat, till it will turn on normally.

Once it is turned on I can keep it in rest mode, to get it to come on.

I have tried to unplug everything, but for the power and hdmi, but makes no differences.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gaz

Edited by GazCBG

Sorry that this isn't much of a fix- but I had a pro that had what I think sounds like a similar issue to what you have described and ultimately I went and got an exchange under warranty. I've had no problems with the new one since.

• Like 1

When you unplug the power do you plug it immediately or do you leave it unplugged for a few minutes? Try to unplug it wait around 5 minutes then plug it all the way back in, making sure it's fully seated.

On the normal PS4, I believe this problem usually had to do with overheating. Try to use a brush to clean the air vents and/or hit it lightly with the air vents pointing down so any dust inside falls down.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

The problem started about 1 week after my 12 month warranty run out.

I normally unplug the power and start back in, but will wait 5 minutes next time.

I do have some spare compressed air, I used on the inside of my PC, and I know the Pro, allows you to take the top off, and you can clean out the fan area.

So will use some compressed air on it and give it a try,

Hi,

I have cleaned out the air vents, and when I plugged it back it, it didn't come back on.

So unplugged it for 5 minutes and didn't come on, so uplugged and back it and it loaded.

So I don't think it that, the PS4 had been in rest mode all night.

Any other ideas?

Don't know what else to tell you. It looks to me that the problem might be from the power supply.

Also, do you have it plugged into a power strip? If you do try to remove it and plug the Pro directly into the wall outlet to see if the problem comes from the power strip.

• Like 1

I do have it in a surge protection power strip, but will give it a try tomorrow, directly in the power socket.

If not will look at getting it repair somewhere.

Thanks for all your help.

Edited by GazCBG

You need to STOP NOW what you are doing and go to a technical assistance, you could be screwing more with your motherboard. Same thing happened to mine intermittently   and I kept using it until it gave up and didn't turn on anymore. The repair in my case would be more expensive than buying a new one, but maybe you can salvage your console before it's too late.

Hi,

It is over 12 months old.

Was just looking in the box, to make sure the package was in there, and it looks like I took out a 3rd party warranty with another company, forgot about that.

So will be contacting them to get it sorted.

Thanks

Got it set off yestarday Sony provided a paid label to return it.

On the phone they said it would take about 3 weeks, but on the email 15 days, which I presume are working days.

They said they will either repair it or send me a replacement.

I only had to send off the Console on it own.

So use the original box it came in, with extra padding.