can you really not upgrade the pre order armor set?

PLATnumb--

My buddy sent me a text and said he got the death's vow armor set with the deluxe edition but it doesn't let you upgrade it.  I searched online to no avail, but it just doesn't make sense they would give you armor that you could only wear for a couple hours before it becomes obsolete.

11 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

That’s completely normal and I’m glad they did it that way. Serves right for those that though it would make them OP or something. Nope. You will have to craft and search for resources like any other. 

that's hilarious.  what a dummy

13 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

My buddy sent me a text and said he got the death's vow armor set with the deluxe edition but it doesn't let you upgrade it.  I searched online to no avail, but it just doesn't make sense they would give you armor that you could only wear for a couple hours before it becomes obsolete.

1. That's a normal practice with additional in-game content.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the game's crafting/upgrading is based on your story progression? An armor that you have equipped will become obsolete after you will find a new one - so what's the problem if all content obeys this rule equally?

2 hours ago, RauCHeN-ToKEN said:

that's hilarious.  what a dummy

no you