Commodore411

Commodore422's Dispute

106 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

He has 5 lists with trophies he doesn't deserve to own, he gets 5 flags. Can't be any easier than that. It doesn't matter if he has done better games, harder games, gamier games. A cheater is a cheater.

Allow this guy to walk away and many others will use this as excuse to do the same later.

This^^

People are making this way too complex. Flags should count per platinum/completion received, not by title.

Commodore64, you seem like a young guy (basing this on your bone-headed decision making). Learn from this and move on. And by move on I mean start a new profile or find another hobby.

I've been thinking about it, and I'm also in the 5 games = 5 flags category. If this had been any other game that exists in multiple regions (i.e. with separate trophy lists), and a single downloadable save file had been used to platinum the game more than once, every instance of that game would and should have been flagged. The only difference here is that they were auto-popped.

If you let this guy slide, you're allowing anybody who has cheated stacked lists to use the same excuse. This really isn't all that different than if somebody claimed that he cheated ten games on the same day, but they should only count as one flag because it was only one "instance" (let's call it a moment of insanity).

Thus, you need to decide if this is a flag (which, by rule, should constitute multiple flags) or an instance (in which case, clearer rules are needed).

14 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Unreal

I've went ahead and cleaned up this thread so it's back on track to the actual dispute as I'm sure that everyone who was interested in the drama has read all the posts by now, though site staff will still be able to see the posts if Sly for example wants to review it all.

There are threads such as Hatchet_Girl1990's Dispute where I'm really proud of all of your ability to come together and solve a problem in these threads. But then there's this thread, and sheesh...

So there's a group of people involved in what I will call some serious high school level drama here that they have yet to resolve. Each time they engage with each other, it's obnoxiously all over the forums and usually all over another thread or through vague status updates. This has got to stop, this is not a reality show or some YouTube drama podcast series, it's a gaming forum. MMDE, please take my advice that if any staff member on the site engages in drama with members of the site, it always becomes a complete mess (for the staff member), you need to try to restrain yourself no matter what from engaging with drama, no matter how much people try to taunt you, and I know it can be difficult to do that at times. You will be taunted most given your position.

To the people involved in this drama, you seriously should get together and solve the differences instead of posting the same screenshots over and over again in random threads. 

When MMDE pulls people into PM's, it's not to make cash deals with them. Sly has access to all of him messages and would throw him out of he did so. You can tell he isn't making "deals" like that because the people in the disputes don't magically show up on the boards after receiving a flag for an obviously cheated game. There are ways MMDE can get absolute proof that the person did not cheat and he doesn't want to ask them those specifics publicly because it will make it obvious to cheaters how to get around it. He also doesn't want to divebomb the thread into a spectacle. It's a a lot more boring than you'd think.

Creating a website isn't easy, forum moderation isn't easy, guide moderation isn't easy, and managing a clean leaderboard isn't easy. People mostly will not understand the difficulty in many of those things unless they've done it on such a scale themselves. MMDE's job isn't a walk on the golden brick road, he's dealing with constant incoming missiles where he has to figure out what to do with massively varying cases. He has exponentially more things he has to deal with than any of us, all without getting paid a dime. All because he wants to make the leaderboards better. I'm not saying MMDE is perfect at being a mod, none of us are. But holy crap, the high school drama has got to stop - the dispute threads themselves are the exact checks and balances against MMDE you all ask for, anything he may do wrong, this place (The flag dispute threads) is the massive microscope placed upon him in full transparency, daily. Any mistake he makes, you see it here.

The Dispute forums (and the forums as a whole) are NOT a place for petty drama. If you feel you have to report something, just go into chat and let Sly know. Again, he can access everything and will take action if he really feels there's a serious issue here.

It’s been said before but this thread just highlights that changes need to be made to the dispute process. At the very least, only people who own the game should be able to leave comments. Personally I think you should go further than that but I feel that would be a very good start. 

On topic: it’s 5 flags. Without the original game, which is cheated, he wouldnt have any of the plats. So each plat is invalid. 

Why is this thread still open? We heard OP, MDME stated all 5 flags will stick, it seems like this should be closed. Is there something else I missed that we are supposed to still be investigating/discussing?