Game breaking bug

NaseemJohn

Ran into a bug on the level “The magic chisel” where I basically can’t progress through the story because the button prompt to climb up a wall won’t appear. Also you need to fight the two brothers in order to obtain the chisel but for some odd reason I already have it and never fought those two. Anyone know a way to bypass this? I’m already 20 hours in and I ain’t restarting lmao. 

So, I had the issue with the button prompt thing while in the heart of the mountain. The game still read me as "in combat" and this wouldn't let me interact. After wandering around for a while and poking in different areas, it triggered that o had ended the fight and let me touch things again.

My best advice with that in mind is to try and leave the area you're in, or otherwise stick it out for a while. It took mine a solid 10-15 minutes to unbug and pull me out of "combat."

The fact that you have that chisel before the boss fight though... that's a whole different can of worms and I have no clue what to tell you.

I’ve been in and out of the area and still nothing. I also noticed that when I got in the room the chandelier was already crashed into the wall without me even shooting it and the red ball at the bottom of the rock which I’m supposed to throw at the chandelier wasn’t even there.

I had a bug where it wouldn't move the elevator when the button was pressed and I was unable to move. This happened in Alfheim when you ask Artreus to read from the sand bowl to send the platform elevator up.

To solve this, I pressed restart from checkpoint and on my 2nd try, it didn't bug out

1 hour ago, BuhboomR said:

I got the chisel before even fighting the 2 bosses, now i'm bugged and can't do anything in the main story... how to fix??

Good to see that I’m not the only one with this bug. You can’t do anything but wait for a patch. In the meanwhile I’m gathering collectibles and killing the Valkyries. 

Even happens to the biggest AAA game of 2018. Man. This is terrible!! Hopefully itll be patched soon considering such a big franchise.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
Have you guys tweeted the devs and all?? Spam that twitter page!! Saying it here wont help that much...

14 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Good to see that I’m not the only one with this bug. You can’t do anything but wait for a patch. In the meanwhile I’m gathering collectibles and killing the Valkyries. 

Yeah i'm about to do the same.... so sad man. 

22 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Were you able to do the valks? my game crashed after the one under tyr's

15 minutes ago, BuhboomR said:

Yeah i'm about to do the same.... so sad man. 

Were you able to do the valks? my game crashed after the one under tyr's

That’s another bug as well. If you’re talking about the one under the ship that once you open makes you fall through the map then leads to the application crashing. I don’t think there’s a Valkyrie there so id ignore that until a patch. So far I killed six Valkyries but for the other two I need to progress through the story which I cant do right now.

45 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

That’s another bug as well. If you’re talking about the one under the ship that once you open makes you fall through the map then leads to the application crashing. I don’t think there’s a Valkyrie there so id ignore that until a patch. So far I killed six Valkyries but for the other two I need to progress through the story which I cant do right now.

Hey i got a retweet from Santa monica studios. they said "Hey there. Could you email this to [email protected] if you haven't already? Can forward it along to our team. Thanks!"

If you could do that it would be great! so we can try and it get patched ASAP!!! I'm tryna progress!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...