New to PlayStation..

Meachamp-

Welcome to the forums~! Since your new to PS I'm assuming you'd also be open to recommendations for games to play as well? If so, not sure if it's in the library of games you have.. but Persona 5 is a fantastic game. Especially because you can only find them on PlayStation :D. But that's an amazing PS exclusive you should definitely check out. I've been working on some backlog games lately so if you're ever working on a game that I have (in my long list of trophy lists) I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand :D

Any who, have a great time here!

• Like 3

Enjoy the games1 I think a lot of people get burnt out on gaming because they either play too much or try too hard to earn particular trophies and end up just hating games. Hopefully, you won't fall into that trap with the plethora of new games you have.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the forums and welcome!

• Like 1

What type of games do you need help with multiplayer/co-op? I have quite a few I can help with so feel free to add me and I'm always available so you wouldn't have to worry about that. =) I hope you're able to figure out what genre you enjoy so then people can give you a two page list of games to play....I'm not kidding. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Welcome to the forums~! Since your new to PS I'm assuming you'd also be open to recommendations for games to play as well? If so, not sure if it's in the library of games you have.. but Persona 5 is a fantastic game. Especially because you can only find them on PlayStation :D. But that's an amazing PS exclusive you should definitely check out. I've been working on some backlog games lately so if you're ever working on a game that I have (in my long list of trophy lists) I wouldn't mind lending a helping hand :D

Any who, have a great time here!

Thank you very much, definitely open for recommendations. Nope, not in the library I have, very surprised it isn't but I'm sure i'll add it in there myself. I've very much enjoyed the Persona series, yet to play 4 though due to having no Vita (yet) I will definitely add it to the wish list though. Again, thank you for the offer.. that would be great. I have no doubt that there will be something we could both do at some point. :)

53 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Enjoy the games1 I think a lot of people get burnt out on gaming because they either play too much or try too hard to earn particular trophies and end up just hating games. Hopefully, you won't fall into that trap with the plethora of new games you have.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the forums and welcome!

Very fair point, I can see where you're coming from. I'm not a serious gamer as of yet though. I mean, I'm going to try and do everything I can and hope for the best that I don't ending up hating games just like you've mentioned. The list is ridiculous at this point but I doubt I'd even want to play some of them to be honest. Thank you for your kind words.

41 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

What type of games do you need help with multiplayer/co-op? I have quite a few I can help with so feel free to add me and I'm always available so you wouldn't have to worry about that. =) I hope you're able to figure out what genre you enjoy so then people can give you a two page list of games to play....I'm not kidding. xD

I wouldn't even know where to begin honestly, I'm currently typing up the list of games that are on offer and swiping out any that don't take my fancy, I have no doubt I will be left with quite a few to go through. I don't think there is too many if I was to name a couple it would most likely be, the earlier Assassin Creed games, Tomb Raider, Red Dead, Sniper Elite games, Resident Evil etc etc.. looking on it now, there's not a ridiculous amount but still a bit to get through. Thank you, when I jump online I'll be sure to do that. If I was to say anything, I'm a sucker for JRPG. Grew up on all the older Final Fantasy games, used to spend hours and hours doing absolutely nothing in them but it was just so much fun regardless.

Edited by Meachamp-
  • Like 1

Welcome to the site when i seen your ID i immediately thought on the Pokemon Machamp lol.

b387df191447b7b1282f80abcc79c9fe.png

As far as genres go you should really give the uncharted franchise a go, along with the Resident evil, Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, Need for speed franchises. There is many many more out there. If your into anime I also suggest the Naruto and Dragon ball games. Your welcome to send me a friend request if you like. I guess it'll get you somewhat started on building your friend list :D 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Welcome to the site when i seen your ID i immediately thought on the Pokemon Machamp lol.

b387df191447b7b1282f80abcc79c9fe.png

As far as genres go you should really give the uncharted franchise a go, along with the Resident evil, Assassin's Creed, Kingdom Hearts, Need for speed franchises. There is many many more out there. If your into anime I also suggest the Naruto and Dragon ball games. Your welcome to send me a friend request if you like. I guess it'll get you somewhat started on building your friend list :D 

No way, I didn't even think of that. :lol: That's pretty funny actually. Should of left out the e :P 

Awesome, thanks for more suggestions. I'm actually already interested in the majority of them, including the anime ones. I love good fighting anime. No idea what the games are like though. Thank you, I've sent you a request. :) 

• Like 1

@Meachamp- What a nice introduction you've written about yourself!  You've come to the right place for help, fun and just to make friends.  So, after reviewing your "inherited" library, what games are you planning on starting?  

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

A new guy! Welcome to the site!

I'm kinda new around here as well. Hope you can make use of all of the features this site has to offer and that you are able to enjoy your time here. Been having a good time so far for the short time I have been around. Most of the folks around here are friendly and respectful, so you won't have any problems making new friends.

I currently only own a PS3 with a huge selection of games pending to be played/platinumed. If you are ever in need of a partner for some trophies, feel free to let me know. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@Meachamp- What a nice introduction you've written about yourself!  You've come to the right place for help, fun and just to make friends.  So, after reviewing your "inherited" library, what games are you planning on starting?  

Thank you, I wasn't sure what to say really.. I didn't want to write a life story and I didn't want people to lose interest almost instantly either. :lol: That was probably the biggest obstacle actually. Having so much to play it's really kind of overwhelming so for now I've decided to just play everything in order. Just to dip my toes in and see how it goes. Afterwards I think I'll randomise everything and see what I get. So for my first game, it's going to be Alice: Madness returns. Something that's always took my fancy but just never got round to it. It's got a pretty relevant trophy name as well for my first trophy which will be "Madness Begins" which I have no doubt will be relevant on so many levels from this day onwards. :P 

10 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

A new guy! Welcome to the site!

I'm kinda new around here as well. Hope you can make use of all of the features this site has to offer and that you are able to enjoy your time here. Been having a good time so far for the short time I have been around. Most of the folks around here are friendly and respectful, so you won't have any problems making new friends.

I currently only own a PS3 with a huge selection of games pending to be played/platinumed. If you are ever in need of a partner for some trophies, feel free to let me know. :)

Well I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it yourself then pal. It's always good to get reassurance that people are friendly enough to approach when it comes to these sort of things. In my experiences in the past, people just seem to be rude but so far so good on here. I'm enjoying it a lot honestly. Awesome, that sounds good to me. I have no doubt there will be something we can both get round to doing. :D 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

@Meachamp- I haven't played Alice but would love to hear about it as you progress through the story!  I'm always on the lookout for games that would be a good addition to my library. 1f44d.png

Sure thing, I'll send you a FR when I pop online tomorrow and let you know how it goes as I go through it.

• Like 1

@Meachamp- Added you as a friend!

I see you're into Anime fighting games. Do you prefer 2D or 3D fighting games? If you're into 3D fighting games, I'd recommend either the Dragon Ball or Naruto games on PS3. Most of them are a pretty good pick. Don't have any of them at the moment though. If you're into 2D fighting games, I'd recommend the BlazBlue series, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and maybe The King of Fighters XIII as well. I was looking into possible finishing most of these games in the next couple of months. Was also looking to get a bunch of others that I'm missing as well. The only problem is that I suck at fighting games... I love them but there is no denying that I just have no skill whatsoever in them.

If you end up getting any of those games, let me know. ?

Hello and welcome. Since you are here, I assume you will be taking up the trophy hunting hobby. I recommend taking it slowly, especially with the large game library you have access too. Trophy hunting is fun. However, it can get a bit tedious at times and you many burn out after a while. 

Good hunting and may fortune smile upon you.

22 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

@Meachamp- Added you as a friend!

I see you're into Anime fighting games. Do you prefer 2D or 3D fighting games? If you're into 3D fighting games, I'd recommend either the Dragon Ball or Naruto games on PS3. Most of them are a pretty good pick. Don't have any of them at the moment though. If you're into 2D fighting games, I'd recommend the BlazBlue series, Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and maybe The King of Fighters XIII as well. I was looking into possible finishing most of these games in the next couple of months. Was also looking to get a bunch of others that I'm missing as well. The only problem is that I suck at fighting games... I love them but there is no denying that I just have no skill whatsoever in them.

If you end up getting any of those games, let me know. 1f609.png

I don't really have a preference. I'd probably prefer 3D as I know full well I'd suck at 2D ones. I'd love to check them out but I know I'd get destroyed almost all the time and I have a knack of getting bored of them pretty quickly also. I'll definitely look them up though and hopefully change my mind. I have Naruto R storm I think it's called and that's about it. I'd love to have the others to. I'll have to pop into town and have a look at the sales at some point this week and see what I can add to my collection. :) 

18 hours ago, BlueDragonRR said:

Hello and welcome. Since you are here, I assume you will be taking up the trophy hunting hobby. I recommend taking it slowly, especially with the large game library you have access too. Trophy hunting is fun. However, it can get a bit tedious at times and you many burn out after a while. 

Good hunting and may fortune smile upon you.

Yeah, I'm in no rush really. That's the advice I've been given by a few people I know now just to take my time and just enjoy the games instead of rushing through them. Yeah, so far it's been really fun. I haven't really gotten much done but I'm enjoying what I am doing so far. :D 

11 hours ago, dermarx said:

Welcome; nice to meet you.

Thank you, nice to meet you also. :)

5 hours ago, marc_cp said:

Welcome, and good choice with your first game 1f603.png

I'm loving it. I'm not onto the main game as of yet as I have this knack for playing series in order so I'm on the DLC first game. It's a weird one even for a PC port but it's fun and twisted all at the same time. Thank you for the welcome.

3 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Welcome to the site! Enjoy that library! :}

Thanks very much. It's quite overwhelming having the access but I'm sure it'll be no problem. 

Apologies for getting back to everyone so late, being a new user I'm only allowed a certain amount of posts a day so I wasn't ignoring any of you.. I just had to wait until around this time to be able to even message any of you back. 

I just wanted to say I thank everyone who's made me feel welcome on here and on PSN. My future on the Playstation is looking a good one and can't wait to dive in deeper and see what it holds. 

• Like 1